The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:17:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26079 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: October 26, 2004, 09:55:16 AM »

Fine bring it on. It was an opinion piece put forward by Hermit. It was actually to be published in the Midgard Chronicles and it should still be published in their. This is nothing more than an attempt by Al to silence opposition and cut our freedom of speech. I ask all to help in my defense against this authoritarian.
"opposition"? Smiley He's trying to silence the gover'ment.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 10:05:09 AM »

I do not endorse the positions taken by either side in this debate.
Everybody involved is attacking the right to Free Speech and at the same time exercising it. Everybody is wasting their time.
Can you live with that, Colin?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 04:57:41 AM »

Al immediately made a fool of himself by saying,"Neither [KeystonePhil or PBrunsel] are fit to lick the boots of all previous Vice Presidents." 

Wrong. I said that Phil was not fit to go a boot licking. I did NOT repeat NOT say the same thing about President-Elect PBrunsel

"Neither" referred to Ronald Reagan and Keystone Phil. As was obvious without any doubt.
Now - unlike with his libel suit - Al would actually have a case in a German court against you (although all he'd get is an injunction against you, banning you from claiming so again and forcing to issue a retraction. No damages.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 08:56:27 AM »

Well number one Lewis, I don't live in Germany. Number two the laws of other nations don't apply to Atlasia. Number three, Al if you have something aganist my paper don't read it.
Number one, I know. Number two, I know. That wasn't the point though...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 10:46:09 AM »

The Midgard News Wire reported that at 11:32 PM last night Chief Justice KEmperor was shot from a passing car in Nyman, DC. Currently the police are trying to obtain a license plate number from an Amateur Video which taped the shooting.
QQQQQ. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 11:01:41 AM »

It's the only license plate of an Atlas citizen that I know, that of Q (IP-GA). Of course, his car might've been stolen. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 07:29:28 AM »

There have been quite a few statements by both the Bulldog and True Democrat...I don't know where you got that one from. True Democrat has been sworn in and is actively participating in both voting and debate in the Senate.
Colin posted that before their statements, which were relatively long in coming.
Then again, I myself still haven't held a victory speech. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 03:50:43 AM »

Candidates Line Up
With the Presidential Races in Two Months Parties Search for the Man Who Can Beat PBrunsel

Peter Bell and Hugh have both announced their candidacies in the past week while Nym90 seem to be on the verge of announcing his bid for the Presidency. This is all in an attempt to bring down a President who appears close to becoming Atlasia’s first two term President. AFDNC Interim Chairman Alex Knobel said that “The Left must be united,” and that “Nym could do it. Siege could do it.” But it is also a matter of who runs. If the UL puts out a candidate, especially if they produce a Siege40/Trondheim ticket, they could have even more success than Al did in the last elections.
Thank you. Smiley
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote][/quote]
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 03:52:18 AM »

Ignore part of my post since a partial count has already been done.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 04:02:03 AM »

Mr. Bell has his hands full. He is the hardworking Attorney General, the Candidate for Northeast Governor and he’s looking into a presidential run. He has a good chance of winning the Governors race and being a well respected member of the forum he may do well in any Presidential race if he runs. Mr. Bell is a left leaning independent which makes his status as a presidential candidate rather odd. If he does runs he is likely to get few first preference votes since the Centre-Left is a very small contingency and Hugh Bartlett is also probably running for President as a Centre-Leftist. If the AFDNC nominates Mr. Bell then people more on the far left may feel like Mr. Bell does not represent their views and may run another candidate, but the effect that this will have is practically nil since most if not all the second preference votes would go to Mr. Bell. The main problem is would the AFDNC be willing to endorse a candidate who is outside of the AFDNC, an Independent and a man has long been associated with the UAC. If the AFDNC does think that he can unify the left and bring in Centrist votes then he may be the lefts candidate. The problem would be would he bring in Centrist votes? While he may get second preference from the likes of Nation and Hugh it seems rather far fetched to think that the mainstream Union or Freedom Party voter would vote for Mr. Bell over President Brunsel. But then again nobody thought that True Democrat could win in a contest with Andrew and nobody thought that The Bulldog could get within one vote of beating Chris Soult so it a moderate leftist
Oh, I did. But that's beside the point...
The point being...
Here's Pete's political affiliation history:
-Only person on the original register to be registered as neither Democratic nor Republican but Independent.
-Voted for Nym in the first election
-Set up the Progressive Party with Dunn (RIP), ILikeVerin and me
-Left us to set up the UAC with JFK, ILikeVerin, Gustaf, Andrew...UAC promptly overrun by Republicans
-Proclaimed himself a "Centrist for Nym" in the second presidential election
-Switched to the Democrats almost immediately after the election
-Was rather inactive for the better part of three months
-Switched registration to Independent
-Voted Al as first preference, PB over Harry in the third presidentials, explaining he based his decisions on character not policy.
-Currently active in setting up the Progressive Caucus.

You really think the Far Left disapproves of him?
And, more to the point:
You really think we'd approve of him more as a Democrat than as an Independent?
Think again.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 04:03:06 AM »

Obviously I don't blame you at all for not knowing all that stuff. You've only been around two months, after all.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2005, 11:36:15 AM »

Okay. Number One, Akno I don't know what goes on in these backroom discussions of yours. How should I know if you were behind Peter's run.

Lewis, you're right I do not know everything about the forum since I've only been here two months and because there is no official history of Atlasia I just know tidbits from word of mouth. I also didn't take into account the Progressive Caucus and I didn't know about his Centrists for Nym campaign, although if it was just Nym vs. Supersoulty then being a left-leaning Centrist that would make sense.
Nym vs Gustaf (vs StevenNick). This was at the tail end of his time in the UAC.
And write a story on my candidacy, please. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2005, 11:08:12 AM »

Waiting. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2005, 11:50:11 AM »

Nym doesn't have the personality or the decorum to be an Atlas Senator? Now that needs explaining.
(No problems with you not endorsing him o/c, in fact I thought you'd endorse Naso.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2005, 12:38:40 PM »

What Has Happened to the Left?
Is Trondheim/Democrat the Best They Could Come Up With?[/i]

When the Left united behind Lewis Trondheim of Hawaii and True Democrat of Pennsylvania many thought what could be a worse ticket for the left. Lets take a look at the candidates.

Lewis Trondheim has lost every race where he has actually faced opposition. The only office he ever achieve was Lt. Gov. of the Pacific Region. He was an unsuccessful VP candidate, has stood for governor and lost to Wildcard, and his only claim to fame is that he is the second in command for Al’s AFL-CIO.

True Democrat is also not a heap of experience either. He was a Senator for a month and won that because of AFDNC pocket votes and GOTV efforts. While he was an okay Senator, and was expected by many to be much worse, he still has only held that position and Lt. Gov. of the Northeast.

So what type of ticket is the left putting up? A ticket that has at least half of the experience of the Emperor/Alcon ticket or a StatesRights/Jake ticket. At least those tickets have at their heads men who have much experience in Atlasian government and politics.

The Trondheim/Democrat ticket is, most definitely, a sacrificial lamb ticket by the left. None of their good candidates want to take on the almost unstoppable Mr. Emperor or don’t have the time to be President.

The AFDNC’s and, conversely, the United Left’s best candidate, would have been Senator Nyman. Since he nor any other electable candidates from the left are running for the office of the Presidency we can expect Mr. Trondheim to poll rather well but will have to pull a miracle to beat Mr. Emperor.
I agree that Nym (or Pete) would have been our best candidate...I wouldn't have run if they had.
Just a tiny clarification...
I never stood for governor. I may have written myself in once. I did stand for lieutenant governor, losing to King, and -before that- twice for Senator, losing to StevenNick (in the first ever Senate election, after a very strange SC ruling) and John F Kennedy.
I'm a member of the AFL-CIO, but if I am "second in command" there, I don't remember it. I am Vice Chairman of the Progressive Caucus though, maybe that's where the confusion comes from.
And my only claim to fame is that nobody has stood in more elections than me - there has not been an Atlas general election - after the very first one - when I have not stood for office. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2005, 12:41:18 PM »

Lewis's experience is similar to that of PBrunsel's when he ran for President. Both have served in local office and not been Ernest-like in that faculty.

That's a good point Akno. Personally I feel the "political expiereince" arguement is a crock of garbage. You can be a good President with out much expiereience, look at me.

Bad example, but....

I just hope people who voted for you don't vote against Lewis because of experience. They can vote against him on other issues, but not that.

Actually I am siding with you Akno. Political expierience is no reason to vote against a candidate. I vote for candidates based off their integrity.
So do I have your vote then? Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 01:04:46 PM »

Correction

In our article on Lewis Trondheim we said that Mr. Trondheim stood for Governor of the Pacific Region and was second in Command of the AFL-CIO. This should read that Mr. Trondheim has often been a candidate in the Pacfic Region and District 5. He has run for Lt. Gov. and lost, and has run for Senator twice and has lost. He is also Vice-Chairman of the Progessive Caucus not the AFL-CIO.
Thank you. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 07:06:02 AM »

What you're missing is that this is a two-colour map of the Pacific. All areas in red and grey are parts of the Pacific.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 03:44:06 PM »

Almost half my voters are 2nd preferanceing Kemp? Interesting...
Almost half your voters are Conservatives... Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 11:48:14 AM »

There are two uncast votes in D5.
And one of States' votes is actually a vote for "Sam Rights" with StatesRights as second preference.
But we're agreed on the Presidential.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 11:57:52 AM »

I still don't understand why Jake doesn't like States'Spade...the only one among you four that he didn't vote for.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 04:00:09 PM »

I still don't understand why Jake doesn't like States'Spade...the only one among you four that he didn't vote for.

States Spade is a dirty bastard.  I now realize that I forgot to vote for Mike Naso, who is currentl winning 4-3!!!!!!
MHS beat me to it.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 03:15:14 PM »

IIRC I wrote in Immy for Governor and Wildcard for Lt.Gov, giving the incumbents my secpref.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 03:20:24 PM »

I should add that the Pacific absentee voting booth was well hidden, and I'm not sure if it's legal actually. Immy put it in my "Another proposal for the Pacific to vote on" thread. I was the only person to vote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 02:37:05 PM »

You're still not including my vote.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies