The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:56:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26076 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: December 10, 2004, 12:02:24 AM »

District 4 Preferential Endorsement

District 4 Preferences
1. WMS
2. Hermit
3. Harry

While we here at the National Atlasian support former Sec State Hermit in his bid for the Senate we consider that his absence from Atlasia as of late is very troubling. It is my opinion that District 4 should have an active Senator and while we consider Hermit to be a great candidate and we are hoping for his victory come the 12th we consider WMS to be an excellent first preference.

I thank The National Atlasian for its support! Smiley I think you have to put "WRITE-IN" before "WMS", however. I'll ask the Secretary of Forum Affairs about that.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 07:27:54 PM »

Tell me about it - I don't think D4 will be settled until the last second! Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 07:10:55 PM »

And believe it or not, I still haven't made up my mind on that one... Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 07:29:51 PM »

Remember, dabeav is a libertarian. At least I share your economically liberal views (although mine are a bit more liberal than yours Tongue)

Yes, but Dabeav supports freedom of choice for New Mexico, you don't even support freedom of choice for voter registrations. Tongue

Hmm, did you read my statement about New Mexico?

Actually, both candidates support freedom of choice for New Mexico...which makes my voting preference more difficult...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 07:46:31 PM »

Remember, dabeav is a libertarian. At least I share your economically liberal views (although mine are a bit more liberal than yours Tongue)

Yes, but Dabeav supports freedom of choice for New Mexico, you don't even support freedom of choice for voter registrations. Tongue

Actually, both candidates support freedom of choice for New Mexico...which makes my voting preference more difficult...

Let's look at the political compass scores:

WMS
Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97

Ilikeverin
Economic Left/Right: -4.77
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.25

Dabeav
Economic Left/Right: 2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

Economically Verin is 4.02 points away from you, while Dabeav is just 1.25 points away from you. Socially Verin is 1.28 points away from you, while Dabeav is 1.49 points away from you.

This means 66% of your views are shared by Dabeav and 41% of your views are shared by Verin.
Ahem.
11/24/04, 7th try
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.46
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 07:53:47 PM »

Let's look at the political compass scores:

WMS
Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97

Ilikeverin
Economic Left/Right: -4.77
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.25

Dabeav
Economic Left/Right: 2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

Economically Verin is 4.02 points away from you, while Dabeav is just 1.25 points away from you. Socially Verin is 1.28 points away from you, while Dabeav is 1.49 points away from you.

This means 66% of your views are shared by Dabeav and 41% of your views are shared by Verin.
Ahem.
11/24/04, 7th try
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.46

As you can see I already edited it

Thanks, King.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 08:50:24 PM »

And the unpredictable, nonpartisan Swing Voter From Hell does it again! Cheesy
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 12:53:26 AM »

Breaking News: PROJECTION IN THE MIDWEST
With 7 out of the 11 registered Midwest voters casting their ballots, the National Atlasian is ready to project Dabeav the next Governor of the Midwest Region. Although many political analysts gave this race to Verin long before the polling stations opened, it seems that Dabeav is the choice for the Midwest. Verin could pull an upset, but it is unlikely as it requires the votes of Clay, PBrunsel, WMS, and John with only Clay likely to choose Verin over Dabeav.

Hehe, silly National Atlasian Smiley

LOL. I think this'll be the second retraction.
Damn King. What did I say. DON'T MAKE PROJECTIONS TOO EARLY.

Thanks for jinxing us, King. Beautiful job!

You succeeded in making a moderate care about something.

You made him care about voting to spite your projection.

I love the Atlasian, and as a reader of your publication i urge you in the future, NEVER MAKE PROJECTIONS!

Rumors of a secret deal hashed out over lattes and WoT books between ILikeVerin and WMS are just that, rumors... Wink + Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 09:25:07 PM »

Breaking News: PROJECTION IN THE MIDWEST
With 7 out of the 11 registered Midwest voters casting their ballots, the National Atlasian is ready to project Dabeav the next Governor of the Midwest Region. Although many political analysts gave this race to Verin long before the polling stations opened, it seems that Dabeav is the choice for the Midwest. Verin could pull an upset, but it is unlikely as it requires the votes of Clay, PBrunsel, WMS, and John with only Clay likely to choose Verin over Dabeav.

Hehe, silly National Atlasian Smiley

LOL. I think this'll be the second retraction.
Damn King. What did I say. DON'T MAKE PROJECTIONS TOO EARLY.

Thanks for jinxing us, King. Beautiful job!

You succeeded in making a moderate care about something.

You made him care about voting to spite your projection.

I love the Atlasian, and as a reader of your publication i urge you in the future, NEVER MAKE PROJECTIONS!

Rumors of a secret deal hashed out over lattes and WoT books between ILikeVerin and WMS are just that, rumors... Wink + Tongue

As are rumors of discussing balefire of Harry.  Just unsubstantiated rumors.

Nothing to worry about here folks...just move along briskly now...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 11:10:27 PM »

I, for one, am shocked by the lack of press coverage for the Constitutional Convention!

You guys are actually doing something?

I'm shocked. Smiley

Yes, we have passed groundbreaking reforms on regions and Senate districts.

Actually, I checked the CC before I came to the Forum and I was a little confused: did NM get moved out of the Midwest or not? It was a tad unclear if that has been specified...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 11:13:42 PM »

I, for one, am shocked by the lack of press coverage for the Constitutional Convention!

I'm shocked. Smiley

Actually, I checked the CC before I came to the Forum and I was a little confused: did NM get moved out of the Midwest or not? It was a tad unclear if that has been specified...

We decided to scrap region maps from the Constitution. The regions (with Senate approval) decide their borders now.

Well, now, that is interesting. Will the Pacific make its long-awaited eastward expansion? Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 11:24:44 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

We decided to scrap region maps from the Constitution. The regions (with Senate approval) decide their borders now.

Well, now, that is interesting. Will the Pacific make its long-awaited eastward expansion? Smiley

Of course!  Soon, you shall all know the might of the great Pacific Army...

Oh wait, you meant legally.

Heh, NM will back it either way. ;-)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 09:55:05 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

WE'RE NOT JUST GOING TO NEW MEXICO, WMS, WE'RE GOING TO COLORADO AND WYOMING AND NORTH DAKOTA AND SOUTH DAKOTA. WE'RE GOING TO MINNESOTA AND IOWA AND TEXAS  AND OKLAHOMA AND MICHIGAN AND INDIANA, WE'RE GOING TO VIRGINIA AND FLORIDA AND NEW JERSEY AND OHIO AND GEORGIA AND KENTUCKY AND NEW HAMPSHIRE AND VERMONT THEN WE'RE GOING TO NYMAN DC TO TAKE BACK THE FORUM! YEARRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Having entirely too much fun with Regional Politics, I see... Kiki
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 10:14:33 PM »

I'm shocked. Smiley

WE'RE NOT JUST GOING TO NEW MEXICO, WMS, WE'RE GOING TO COLORADO AND WYOMING AND NORTH DAKOTA AND SOUTH DAKOTA. WE'RE GOING TO MINNESOTA AND IOWA AND TEXAS  AND OKLAHOMA AND MICHIGAN AND INDIANA, WE'RE GOING TO VIRGINIA AND FLORIDA AND NEW JERSEY AND OHIO AND GEORGIA AND KENTUCKY AND NEW HAMPSHIRE AND VERMONT THEN WE'RE GOING TO NYMAN DC TO TAKE BACK THE FORUM! YEARRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Having entirely too much fun with Regional Politics, I see... Kiki

The map of the described Pacific:

Fond of aerial and water assaults, are we? Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 11:03:35 PM »

[snip]

No, but we have control of 3 of the other 4 regions Governors' states. POLITICAL HOSTAGES!

*Thread hijacking in progress. Please remain calm and stay in your assigned posting positions.*

And what will you DO with those 3 states, eh?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 11:16:04 PM »

[snip]

And what will you DO with those 3 states, eh?

Make them big parking lots! The people of the Pacific will never have to search for parking again!

Ambitious, aren't we? Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 02:08:42 PM »

I gets to make an interesting county map now Smiley

And no need to fudge huge margins for Kemperor in the suburbs!

Looking forward to it. Smiley

I'd prefer you to have won over Lewis, actually, since you're a moderate hawk and he is a far-left dove... Sad  Well, at least I helped get the military expanded before then...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies