Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 01:17:29 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  *IF* Thune wins the GOP nomination, who's his VP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: *IF* Thune wins the GOP nomination, who's his VP?  (Read 3151 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2010, 01:14:19 pm »
Ignore

i think he's got to attempt to secure some EVs with his pick....though he can't waste time picking someone from FL or OH, if he can't win there without a homestate VP then he can't win anyway. 

...someone more moderate (religiously and politically) from PA would be good...any names...any Catholics with military experience?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:25:21 pm »
Ignore

Sarah Palin
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:31:33 pm »
Ignore

Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:34:24 pm »
Ignore

Uh, you asked who Thune's running mate would be. I answered.

Thankfully Thune won't win the nomination so we won't have to deal with that disaster of a ticket.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 01:35:58 pm »
Ignore

Uh, you asked who Thune's running mate would be. I answered.

Thankfully Thune won't win the nomination so we won't have to deal with that disaster of a ticket.

see first post of thread:

i think he's got to attempt to secure some EVs with his pick....though he can't waste time picking someone from FL or OH, if he can't win there without a homestate VP then he can't win anyway. 

...someone more moderate (religiously and politically) from PA would be good...any names...any Catholics with military experience?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 01:38:12 pm »
Ignore

Ridge?

milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 01:41:08 pm »
Ignore

He could pick a governor, since he is a Senator.  I don't think a military vet would be as important, now that Economic factors are more important than the Iraq War. 
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 01:54:40 pm »
Ignore

He could pick a governor, since he is a Senator.  I don't think a military vet would be as important, now that Economic factors are more important than the Iraq War. 

I think Thune could handle the economic side of the argument, and I think Iraq and Afghan will end badly along with other setbacks in middle east peace.  Though, having said that, someone with military experience isn't required.

---

Ridge?

Ridge is not pro-life, but would be a reassuring pick if terrorists strike again on U.S. soil (even in the event of an airline bombing)

Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 02:04:10 pm »
Ignore

Thune-Ridge would lose every state McCain did, plus Missouri, Arizona, Montana, and Georgia.

The only winning issue Thune has is being pro-life. Putting a pro-abortionist on the ticket will end that.
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 02:42:03 pm »
Ignore

Thune-Ridge would lose every state McCain did, plus Missouri, Arizona, Montana, and Georgia.

The only winning issue Thune has is being pro-life. Putting a pro-abortionist on the ticket will end that.

I used to think Ridge had a chance at VP, but he really needs a conversion to pro-life if he wants a chance on the ticket.  Heck, Dick Cheney was pro-gay marriage and he never talked about it, ever.  Ridge can say he supports the Nominee and pro-life.  The Christians wouldn't vote for the Democrat anyway. 

Also, Senator P. Bush founded Planned Parenthood, yet both GHWB and GWB convinced Christians they were pro-life, go figure!
Conservative frontier
JC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 04:10:58 pm »
Ignore

I used to think Ridge had a chance at VP, but he really needs a conversion to pro-life if he wants a chance on the ticket.  Heck, Dick Cheney was pro-gay marriage and he never talked about it, ever.  Ridge can say he supports the Nominee and pro-life.  The Christians wouldn't vote for the Democrat anyway. 

Also, Senator P. Bush founded Planned Parenthood, yet both GHWB and GWB convinced Christians they were pro-life, go figure!

Well, Dubya and Bush Senior are Pro-Life retard.

Economic score : +8.84
Social score: +9.30

University of North Carolina '09 Grad Class
UNCC Medical school '13
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 04:24:36 pm »

Judd Gregg

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
evan bayh
Rookie
Italy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 04:36:17 pm »
Ignore

bobby jindal
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 04:46:37 pm »
Ignore

Hate to burst your bubble but Planned Parenthood was founded in 1916, when Prescott Bush was like 21 years old...........

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 05:24:14 pm »

True, though GHW Bush only became pro-life in 1980, when Reagan picked him as his running mate.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 08:06:02 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, they both converted to Pro-life, how convenient of them for political gain. 
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 09:10:53 pm »
Ignore

Hate to burst your bubble but Planned Parenthood was founded in 1916, when Prescott Bush was like 21 years old...........

Oops, I guess Prescott only worked for their national offices, then, my bad - I guess he was really a secret pro=lifer, lol
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 09:15:22 pm »
Ignore

True, though GHW Bush only became pro-life in 1980, when Reagan picked him as his running mate.

GHW Bush never really became pro-life, as evidenced by his appointment of David Souter...
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 09:32:20 pm »
Ignore

How about Lamar Alexander?  Is he too old?  he always seemed to be a good choice being a governor and from geographically useful Tennessee. 
Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:56 pm »
Ignore

GHW Bush never really became pro-life, as evidenced by his appointment of David Souter...

He thought Souter and Clarence Thomas were pro-life. He was right about Thomas, wrong about Souter. If you're going to say that, then Reagan never really became pro-life either--he appointed two pro-choice justices.

In response to the question, John Hoeven.

Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 09:40:54 pm »
Ignore

He thought Souter and Clarence Thomas were pro-life. He was right about Thomas, wrong about Souter. If you're going to say that, then Reagan never really became pro-life either--he appointed two pro-choice justices.

In response to the question, John Hoeven.

Reagan wasn't really pro-life either...as governor of California he signed a relatively liberal abortion law.
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 09:51:15 pm »
Ignore

Reagan wasn't really pro-life either...as governor of California he signed a relatively liberal abortion law.

Interesting how serious the pro-life lobby has gotten since 1980.  For the GOP nominee, he/she needs to be a strong religious fanatic and pro-life.
Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 10:13:33 pm »
Ignore

Bob McDonnell

Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 10:14:43 pm »
Ignore

Interesting how serious the pro-life lobby has gotten since 1980.  For the GOP nominee, he/she needs to be a strong religious fanatic and pro-life.

Um, no. We haven't had a strong pro-lifer for a GOP nominee yet.

But I don't think there was any real fanatically pro-abortion candidate from either party until Mondale in 1984.
ajc0918
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 10:21:45 pm »
Ignore

Well to counter Thune's weaknesses, I would pick an older person with foreign and national defence experience. Also maybe someone from the east coast.

Maybe Cantor, he's not old, but it might attract more non-evangelical people to his ticket.

Not sure...

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout