Why didn't John Kerry get a post-convention bounce?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:30:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Why didn't John Kerry get a post-convention bounce?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Why didn't John Kerry get a post-convention bounce?  (Read 22430 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 01:40:44 PM »

The electorate was very polarized Bush didnt get a bounce either. And Dole wasnt a bad candidate he was about the best the GOP had that yea, and um Carter was elected President and had a lead going into the final days of 1980, so I wouldnt say he was bad either.

I remember Bush taking a 16 point lead after his convention when Kerry fell into the 30's.

The biggest lead Bush ever had was about 9 points at it evaporated over night when Kerry slaughtered Bush in that first debate over foreign policy and Iraq. That debate put Kerry back in the race. If had been anybody else that year besides Kerry running, Bush would have lost by double digits.

You are a hack and I'm now convinced. Bush would've gone over 300 against Edwards, Gephardt, and Leiberman. He would've gone over 400 against anyone else. You think Carol Mosely Braun would've beat Bush by double digits? As for the debate, I don't think many people base a president's performance over 4 years on one single debate that is blatantly staged anyways. John Kerry was nothing but a suck up from the first words out of his mouth when he thanked them for sponsoring the debate. That was obvious too.
cpeeks
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 12:16:13 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2010, 12:26:02 AM by cpeeks »

Lol Im a hack? What you describe your self as, lol I can think of several things, but unlike you I have the ability to think for myself instead of what the GOP tells me. And ya Kerry embaressed Bush in that first debate over night Bush's lead went from 9 points to tied, and Gephart, Edwards, Gore, Clinton, Bayh and I can name a few more would have taken him to the woodshed. I mean geez  Derek he barely beat one of the worst candidates in modern history, a real candidate would have hammered him.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 02:21:52 AM »

Lol Im a hack? What you describe your self as, lol I can think of several things, but unlike you I have the ability to think for myself instead of what the GOP tells me. And ya Kerry embaressed Bush in that first debate over night Bush's lead went from 9 points to tied, and Gephart, Edwards, Gore, Clinton, Bayh and I can name a few more would have taken him to the woodshed. I mean geez  Derek he barely beat one of the worst candidates in modern history, a real candidate would have hammered him.

He wasn't popular then either. All Kerry did was suck up. I remember Kerry referring to a timber company Bush "owns" in the second debate and Bush joking about if anyone wants some wood.
cpeeks
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 08:29:34 AM »

He wasn't popular then either. All Kerry did was suck up. I remember Kerry referring to a timber company Bush "owns" in the second debate and Bush joking about if anyone wants some wood.

No Kerry wasnt popular thats why anyone else woulda hammered that moron.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »

Stop misreading me. I meant Bush wasn't popular. Kerry was never popular outside of the yacht clubs in New England.
cpeeks
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 06:52:53 AM »

Stop misreading me. I meant Bush wasn't popular. Kerry was never popular outside of the yacht clubs in New England.

Right thats why I am saying anyone beside Kerry, like Bayh, Clinton, Gore even Edwards, Kephardt would have hammered that moron.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »

Right thats why I am saying anyone beside Kerry, like Bayh, Clinton, Gore even Edwards, Kephardt would have hammered that moron.

It's Gephardt, and those people would have done terrible too. Gore would've been laughed at for the way he acted after 2000 and been portrayed as having a September 10th mindset.  Edwards would have been crushed for his inexperience.  If Bush had looked beatable before 2004, then Clinton would've been the nominee.
cpeeks
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 01:14:54 PM »

Anybody would have beaten that moron, Gore would have crushed him.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »

Stop hacking. Bush was very popular and unbeatable until the middle of the democratic primaries.
cpeeks
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »

Stop hacking. Bush was very popular and unbeatable until the middle of the democratic primaries.

UMM no he wasnt not by long shot his popularity had fell above 50 percent before then, you dont go from being popular and unbeatable to barley winning against a horrible candidate.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 10:51:57 PM »

UMM no he wasnt not by long shot his popularity had fell above 50 percent before then, you dont go from being popular and unbeatable to barley winning against a horrible candidate.

Yes you do just ask Bush Sr. Despite Clinton's appeal he wouldn't have beaten Bush Sr. had he still been in the 90's. It was a slow progression just like his son between 2002 and 2006.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 11:04:41 PM »

Actually, that's false. Despite Bush Jr.'s incomptence and lack of intellect, he knew how to run a good and extremely nasty and dishonest campaign. He would have beaten a lot of candidates with those kinds of campaign skills. Gore might have beat Bush Jr., but also might not have. It depends on what kind of campaign he would have ran. I mean, after all, Gore did lose in 2000 when all the factors were in his favor.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 11:09:37 PM »

Actually, that's false. Despite Bush Jr.'s incomptence and lack of intellect, he knew how to run a good and extremely nasty and dishonest campaign. He would have beaten a lot of candidates with those kinds of campaign skills. Gore might have beat Bush Jr., but also might not have. It depends on what kind of campaign he would have ran. I mean, after all, Gore did lose in 2000 when all the factors were in his favor.

Bush ran a very friendly campaign.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 01:20:52 AM »

I'd replace the word friendly with either "scary", "nasty", or "dishonest".
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 01:37:46 AM »

I'd replace the word friendly with either "scary", "nasty", or "dishonest".

If the truth is scary for you then I can't help you. Sometimes people need to be scared if that's how they remember what they're up against and nothing else distracts them from their MTV.
cpeeks
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »

Bush was one of the most dishonest, dirtiest, nastiest campaigners ever. I remember in south carolina in 2000 when he played the race card by putting out fliers that McCain had fathered a black child. Made Ann Richards out to be a lesbian in 1994, was behind the swift boat ads. Is that friendly Derek? REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? Karl Rove ran such nice campaigns.Would you please quit posting this deranged bs you put out. You cant believe this crap that write do you?The only, I mean the only reason Bush won in 2004 was because the gay marriage ban was on the ballot in so many states and it brought the evangelicals out in droves.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »

Bush was one of the most dishonest, dirtiest, nastiest campaigners ever. I remember in south carolina in 2000 when he played the race card by putting out fliers that McCain had fathered a black child. Made Ann Richards out to be a lesbian in 1994, was behind the swift boat ads. Is that friendly Derek? REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? Karl Rove ran such nice campaigns.Would you please quit posting this deranged bs you put out. You cant believe this crap that write do you?The only, I mean the only reason Bush won in 2004 was because the gay marriage ban was on the ballot in so many states and it brought the evangelicals out in droves.

Oh yes he was behind the swift boat ads right. I believe he denounced them. Ann Richards was an old batalax and a crab tree who couldn't even solve Waco without big brother stepping in. Those flyers weren't from Bush either. Karl Rove is a true American hero.
cpeeks
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 12:19:48 PM »

Oh yes he was behind the swift boat ads right. I believe he denounced them. Ann Richards was an old batalax and a crab tree who couldn't even solve Waco without big brother stepping in. Those flyers weren't from Bush either. Karl Rove is a true American hero.

LOL Yet again another deranged bs comment from Derek.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »

LOL Yet again another deranged bs comment from Derek.

Bush wasn't involved with anything with that. What proof do you have?
cpeeks
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 01:38:06 PM »

Get real dude, Karl Rove was behind all of that, it had his markings all over it.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »

Get real dude, Karl Rove was behind all of that, it had his markings all over it.

Oh yes now it's his markings. How about this; Kerry didn't get a post-convention bounce because he is a loser. There I said it.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 11:29:36 PM »

Nobody cared that much about the Democratic Convention in 2004 (or the Republican Convention for that matter).
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 01:48:52 AM »

Nobody cared that much about the Democratic Convention in 2004 (or the Republican Convention for that matter).

I cared about the Republican Convention. It's nice to be reminded of what we're up against sometimes and we have the Republican Party to thank for that. Seeing Rudy Giuliani take the stage was very refreshing as was the number of American flags and patriotism that we saw. No negative attack ads, no threats against Fox News. If only America could take a look back once in a while to remember why we're here, why we're fighting terror. Also, Kerry was mean.
cpeeks
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 09:45:26 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2010, 09:49:53 AM by cpeeks »

LOL no there werent any attack ads, just a bunch of hipocrits wearing bandaids with purple hearts in them. Probably one of the single most disgraceful displays I have ever seen.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »

LOL no there werent any attack ads, just a bunch of hipocrits wearing bandaids with purple hearts in them. Probably one of the single most disgraceful displays I have ever seen.

More disgraceful than Kerry taking up a cause with Jane Fonda?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies