The Ilvie Picayune-Bee & Journal & Wire Service (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:10:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Ilvie Picayune-Bee & Journal & Wire Service (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Ilvie Picayune-Bee & Journal & Wire Service  (Read 1928 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: October 26, 2004, 10:31:56 AM »

NEWSFLASH:

General Secretary Al has taken legal advice and is confident that in the real world, the offending article is libel (the clincher is the Stalin comment).
He apparently wants to know whether the Atlas actually has any libel laws or whether they could be set up via Common Law.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 11:01:37 AM »

Apparently not (America doesn't have libel laws) and apparently not (America doesn't have common law).

Doesn't it? Bugger. Well I'd win if the case was over here. I think I'll ask for an apology over the Stalin remark (no way in hell is that not defamation) though
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 12:05:55 PM »

I'll retract the Stalin remark when you retract the banning.

Hmm... I'll retract the banning if Time Magazine IF a new "Man of the Year" is chosen by a Multi-Partisan Jury of some description... and if said decision is based on merit and not Reaganfan's method (ie: PBrunsel=Republican President=Must win award because he's a Republican)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies