Can you admit that Fox News a greater viewing audience than MSNBC?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:48:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can you admit that Fox News a greater viewing audience than MSNBC?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Can you admit that Fox News a greater viewing audience than MSNBC?
Yes

No-Fox News doesn't have more viewers than CNN or MSNBC

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Can you admit that Fox News a greater viewing audience than MSNBC?  (Read 4466 times)
East Coast Republican

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:31:36 PM »
« edited: March 01, 2010, 04:34:14 PM by East Coast Republican »

Can people here admit it?  And can they do it without calling people stupid?

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:32:41 PM »

Certainly. Why should I deny that?

There are simply too many stupid people out there.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »

How could I deny something that's blatantly factual like that statement?  Of course Fox has move viewers than MSNBC.  On the other hand, a greater share of MSNBC's viewers are younger and more desirable as ad revenue than Fox's viewers.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 04:34:55 PM »

I made new rules for the thread.  
East Coast Republican

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2010, 04:39:31 PM by East Coast Republican »

How could I deny something that's blatantly factual like that statement?  Of course Fox has move viewers than MSNBC.  On the other hand, a greater share of MSNBC's viewers are younger and more desirable as ad revenue than Fox's viewers.

Actually, Fox beats MSNBC in the desirable 25-54.  Fox is dominating.  You can't spin it.  Even if MSNBC is somehow winning 18-34, 25-54 is where all the action is.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »

Yes. Why would would anyone deny it?

That doesn't make it any less of a right-wing hack network though.
Electric Feel
ElectricFeel
Rookie
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -0.06, S: -5.13

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 04:38:17 PM »

Fascist Nazi Channel's viewers aren't even real people. Their thought process is more similar to a robot's.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »

I can't confirm this count, ECR, as I know nothing about it, nor do I have any interest in it.

Please don't give too much credit to your Father Coughlin, Lord Beaverbrook, and suchlike.  They're bringing the Fascism, sure, but the ground is very, very well prepared, deeply, and for a long way back...
East Coast Republican

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »

Oh you're so much better than me because you aren't interested an I am.  Hmm let's see the only thing that interests you is what?  The New York Times over a cup of coffee and biscuits with classical music playing on your car stereo?  Because you're so artistic and enlightened right?  You just don't ahve time to care.

What's fascism got to do with any of this?  You are too dramatic.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »

Bigger? Yes. Greater? No.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 04:50:43 PM »

Oh you're so much better than me because you aren't interested an I am.  Hmm let's see the only thing that interests you is what?  The New York Times over a cup of coffee and biscuits with classical music playing on your car stereo?  Because you're so artistic and enlightened right?  You just don't ahve time to care.

Christ man, I also took the trouble to mention Lord Beaverbrook and you could do no more than digress to the dullest.  Yes, yes, have it your way, I'm wearing a liberal bathrobe too.

East Coast Republican

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 04:59:02 PM »

Christ man, I also took the trouble to mention Lord Beaverbrook and you could do no more than digress to the dullest.  Yes, yes, have it your way, I'm wearing a liberal bathrobe too.

The only thing getting dull around here is your contempt for America in the other thread.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »

The only thing getting dull around here is your contempt for America in the other thread.

I show contempt for America in every thread, Easy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »

There are simply too many stupid people out there.

blame the top, not the bottom
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »

I prefer CNN because I enjoy 20 hours of live coverage of a 1 foot wave travelling across the Pacific Ocean.

As bad as CNN is, it still beats MSNBC and Fox any day of the week.*

(*in quality, not in viewers of course)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »

I prefer CNN because I enjoy 20 hours of live coverage of a 1 foot wave travelling across the Pacific Ocean.

You mean there are people that don't?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »

Doesn't CNN actually still have the most viewers throughout the day or whatever? Obviously Fox has the most during primetime, the Right needs to receive its daily sermons from the mount.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »

Yes Fox is the biggest cable news network, but all the cable news networks are relatively small peas in the total media universe. Fox News's average viewership is 1-2 million per day.

It's true though that conservative media tends to have a bigger audience than liberal media.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »

Nickelodeon is actually the #1 network throughout the day, which means more Americans identify with their ideology and makes them correct on all of the issues.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 09:36:44 PM »

Nickelodeon died to me a long time ago. Sad

I never quite got over that.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »

Sure, but several hundred thousand or a million more viewers doesn't really mean anything in a country of over 300 million. And if you want to turn it into a pissing contest over politics, then CNN and MSNBC and the network news combined have higher ratings than FOX. When conservatives are told every other news source is liberal and anti-American, they refuse to watch anything but FOX. The fact that the ratings for FOX News are as low as they are says a lot, actually.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »

That doesn't change the quality of the network. It just means Rupert Murdoch can sell a channel really well.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 10:01:23 PM »

Sure, but several hundred thousand or a million more viewers doesn't really mean anything in a country of over 300 million. And if you want to turn it into a pissing contest over politics, then CNN and MSNBC and the network news combined have higher ratings than FOX. When conservatives are told every other news source is liberal and anti-American, they refuse to watch anything but FOX. The fact that the ratings for FOX News are as low as they are says a lot, actually.

Fox has higher ratings than CNN and MSNBC combined so you lose your own pissing contest.  The recent PPP poll also shows Fox to have the only positive rating among a survey group of Democrats, Republicans and Independents.  If Indies and Democrats united against Fox the way Republicans flock to it, then it would not have polled as the most trusted-a good number of indies and Dems like Fox.  And the ratings are much higher than a million.  5PM-11PM pulls in anywhere from 1,500,000 to over 3 million (usually, the figures average over 2 million).

And to another poster, Fox now posts higher day ratings than CNN.  

Fox really is dominating.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »

Fox has higher ratings than CNN and MSNBC combined so you lose your own pissing contest.

Not true.

Even if as you say, Fox pulls in 2 million people a night, that's pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things...
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 10:55:52 PM »

Obviously Fox has the most during primetime, the Right needs to receive its daily sermons from the mount.

you know, I really wonder: given the popularity of right-wing talk radio and Fox News, why is it that so many right wingers feel the need to have their beliefs reaffirmed on a daily basis?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies