Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 12:55:20 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Why aren't Democrats raving delusionally about Lincoln unlike Santorum?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why aren't Democrats raving delusionally about Lincoln unlike Santorum?  (Read 660 times)
incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2010, 08:36:04 pm »
Ignore

There are no Democrats here predicting Lincoln to win, or make some massive comeback, and March just started. I doubt you'll be seeing any in the summer or immediately afterwards.

Now compare that to all the delusional Republicans raving about how Santorum would win.

Could it be that Democrats are just less hackish?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:29:23 pm by You're My Miss Washington DC »Logged

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:39:08 pm »
Ignore

No one likes Lincoln, thats why.
justW353
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -2.09

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:11:04 pm »
Ignore

No one likes Lincoln, thats why.

So a lack of knowledge means I'm not welcome here? I've always wondered why there's a lack of Republicans on this forum and now I'm beginning to see why.
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 09:15:13 pm »
Ignore

GOP base loves Santorum, The Dem base loathes Lincoln.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:25:35 pm »
Ignore

I think your post refutes your assertion. Its partisan attitude is as hackish as the perspective it attacks.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:29 pm »
Ignore

This is pretty much the reason why.

Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 08:08:38 am »
Ignore

Could it be that Democrats are just less hackish?

lol, no

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
DS0816
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 03:47:17 pm »
Ignore

Democratic Senatorial Committee Chairman Bob Menendez, of New Jersey, is singing Arkansas Sen. Blanche Lincoln's praises.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/dscc-chair-i-believe-blanche-lincoln-would-be-our-best-candidate-video.php
JWHart

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 04:14:16 pm »
Ignore

Democratic Senatorial Committee Chairman Bob Menendez, of New Jersey, is singing Arkansas Sen. Blanche Lincoln's praises.

Isn't that his job?

I think the OP was talking about rank-and-file partisans, not party leaders (who will support all of their incumbents that are neither mired in a severe scandal, nor are Jim Bunning). That said, I agree with others that this has less to do with "hackishness" and more to do with conservatives pulling for their hero while liberals will shed no tears for Lincoln ("D"- Wal-Mart).

A better test, in a few weeks, will be to see how many Democrats predict an upset win by Bill Halter.
#1 Hillary Hack
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 10:26:18 pm »
Ignore

I like her for endorsing Hillary (but I guess seeing as how she's from Arkansas, that was kind of expected) but here's a question: When, exactly, did her approval ratings start to dramatically decrease - was it before or after (or during) the primaries? I volunteered Monday night to do phone banks for a friend of mine who's working on her campaign and I called around 100 people in Springdale, Arkansas, most of whom were Democrats, and the majority of them were undecided about whether they were going to support Lincoln but none of them mentioned that they were going to support Halter (matter of fact, his name didn't come up once in the course of my phone calls). Maybe the news that he was going to primary Lincoln hadn't reached them yet, who knows, but still just shows a lot of uncertainty out there with Lincoln. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout