Demrepdan's final changes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:59:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Demrepdan's final changes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Demrepdan's final changes  (Read 19487 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« on: March 11, 2004, 12:08:43 PM »

So far the only change that I must make to my constitution is the Legislature. I need to give ALL power to the Senate. However, the rules for impeachment may change a bit......

Everyone agreed on 5 regions....everyone agreed on governors......everyone agreed on the Supreme Court....so those aspects of my Constitution won't change. However, I want to make sure ALL lose ends are closed up. Does everyone approve of my elections rules?

51 Posts to be President.......30 Posts to be Senator...18 Posts to vote......must register 10 days before any election......all candidates must announce their candidacy 20 days before any election (Of course if you're running as a Democrat or Republican you may have to register sooner for the Primary....in which case each political party must have their nominee placed on the ballot 20 days before the election.)  If you want any change on these rules......please inform me.....

Also...what about my rules for the terms......ALL senate seats are up at the SAME time....Presidential Elections occur every 4 months. Senate elections occur every 4 months (I might change it to 2 months since we won't have a House of Representatives.) All appointed officers will be in their office at the President's will.......and how about the BIG one....that people may complain about.......my 2 consecutive term rule?

Some people have said they wish to see a ONE term rule......and you cannot run EVER again after one term (I think this is just plain stupid). Some have said....you can't serve more than ONE consecutive term....meaning after 4 months your time is up....and you must wait another 4 months to run...(more reasonable....but I still don't like it much). Some have suggested that you can't serve more than 2 terms....and then never again......

I need final approval on how long the President serves.....so everyone tell me how it should be......as you did in the other thread....

Before you vote.....keep these things in mind...

1. You may think it is fair for the President to serve and then never serve again....because then it will allow more
opportunity for people to serve as President.......but that means that sooner or later EVERYONE who wants to be President will get a shot at being President.....even if they don't deserve it......why? because everyone who was a good President has served....and can never run again due to a stupid term limit rule. Giving term limits to make it FAIR doesn't really make it FAIR. I'm all for fair elections.....everyone deserves a shot to get involved in Fantasy Politics........but how could the MAJORITY of you be against the House of Representatives (which would undoubtedly allow more opportunity for involvement in Fantasy Politics)...but you're FOR the term limits??

You're saying one thing and doing another.....you like term limits because it allows more people a shot at the Presidency and their involvement in the Fantasy Elections......but you are against the House of Representatives which would insure more chances for people to hold a position in the Fantasy Elections.

2. The reason I wrote in that the President can not serve more than two consecutive terms is because it WOULD allow (as we all want) more opportunity for people to run.....but if that President wants to run again in the future.....let it be the people who decide if he or she deserves another shot...(remember....he has to get through his political party first). Adding term limits takes away all competition.....why run for the office? You’re just gonna get to be President sooner or later....once everyone has had a shot....

Anyway....would every please state which you are for....

Plan One: President cannot serve more than 2 consecutive terms (My Current Plan)
Plan Two: President cannot serve more than 2 terms. (Can never run again after 2 terms)
Plan Three: President cannot serve more than 1 consecutive term. (President must wait 4 months to run again)
Plan Four: President cannot serve more than 1 term. (One term and you’re out forever.)
Plan Five: NO term limits whatsoever. (President can serve as many terms in a row as he wishes.)

My intension at the moment is to make the same rules apply for the Vice President as President......so if you vote for plan 4.....that’s how it will be for the Vice President too...(if you’re that staunch about allowing everyone a shot at the Presidency....you should be equally abhorred with the Vice President's term in office....)

Plan One
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies