Demrepdan's final changes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Demrepdan's final changes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Demrepdan's final changes  (Read 19482 times)
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« on: March 11, 2004, 06:48:46 AM »

Before we continue, I wish to move some amendments that are merely for the sake of form - I hope that the others would pardon me for nitpicking. Firstly, Article II, Section 1, Clauses 2; Article II, Section 2, Clause 4; and Article V, Clause 1 all use the second person. I suggest that these clauses be changed into the third person as follows:

II.i.2: From "No person shall be President unless they have an avatar declaring a residency in the United States.  If you live outside of the United States this does not rule you ineligible from the office of President, however, you must first establish a residency by putting up an avatar declaring which state you are from " To "No person shall be President unless he or she has an avatar declaring a residence in the United States." I feel that the second sentence is unnecessary, as the first already states that an "avatar," not actual residence, is necessary.

II.ii.4 From "All elections must be public vote. You must also have an avatar from the United States,
and declare which state you are casting your vote from. Vote casts are official, once the ballot has been cast you may not ask for a new one. " To "All elections must be public vote. No person shall vote unless he or she shall have avatar declaring the state from which the vote is cast. All votes cast shall be deemed official and may not be amended or rescinded by the voters."

V.1 From "No person shall ever hold duel [sic] offices at the forum. If you desire to hold a new position you must first resign from your old position before taking office. All elected and appointed
officials must be sworn in before they can exercise any of their duties. The oath they must take is as follows; I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of (office name), and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave." To "No person shall ever hold two offices at the forum, save that an member of the Senate shall serve as its President [pro tempore]. Any person desiring to take a new position shall first resign from their previous position before taking office. All elected and appointed officials shall take an oath or make an affirmation before taking office, the said oath or affirmation being: [...]"
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 05:12:37 PM »

My proposal is as follows:

1. "General elections" held every fourth month, with "midterm elections" also held every fourth month, between general elections.
2. President, Vice President, one Senator from each region, Governors from Regions A, B elected at each general election.
3. One Senator from each region, Governors from Regions C, D, E elected at each midterm election.
4. One of the three seats on the court becomes vacant one month following each general election.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 07:09:33 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2004, 07:10:02 PM by Emsworth »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
They need not resign. Supreme Court Justices would have staggered terms, so that each President would have the opportunity to appoint 1 Justice one month into his term.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
If you are referring to my proposal, the facts are not as you have put them. Under my proposal, one Senate seat from each region would be up every election. It is the Gubernatorial situation to which you might be referring. Three Gubernatorial elections occur at midters, and two at general elections.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 07:16:38 PM »

And it still my belief.....that we should grant regional rights....and not dictate to the regions when to hold their Gubernatorial elections.....
This proposal also seems acceptable to me.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 09:23:32 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2004, 09:49:33 PM by Emsworth »

Demrepdan,

Have you read my earlier post on changing some of the wording in the Constitution? If so, what is your verdict on the same proposal?

I have further proposals for rewording, mostly in order to eliminate redundancies, and also to remove archaic terminology ("chuse," for instance), and for other purposes:

Firstly, for Article I, I humbly propose that the following be the Article:

Section 1 (Legislative Powers)

All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in the Congress of the Atlas Forum, which shall consist of a Senate.

Section 2 (The Senate)

Clause 1. The United States shall be divided into five regions, each of which shall be represented by two Senators.

Clause 2. The Senators shall be elected by the voters of the region from amongst those inhabitants of the region who have attained at least thirty posts and have declared within twenty days of the election their candidacy. But if there shall be only one person who shall announce his or her candidacy, then no election shall be held, and that person shall be deemed elected.

Clause 3. The Vice President of the Forum shall be the President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, except when the Senate is equally divided.

Clause 4. The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, who shall preside over the Senate in the absence of the Vice President.

Section 3. (Impeachment)

[To Be Determined]

Section 4. (Expulsion)

The Senate may, two-thirds of the total number of Senators concurring, expel a Senator from office.

Section 5. (Congress’s Vote)

The Congress may pass a bill for the purpose of making laws, or a resolution for the purpose of declaring war, a majority of the Senators voting concurring. But all such bills and resolutions shall first be submitted to the President before taking effect; and the President may either declare his or her approval or veto it. If the President approves, or if he or she neither approves nor vetos the bill or resolution within seven days, the bill or resolution shall take effect. But if he shall veto it, the bill or resolution shall be of no effect unless the Congress shall vote, two-thirds of the Senators concurring, to override the President's veto.

Section 6. (Congressional Elections)

[To Be Determined; Probably could combine this Section and the Section on Presidential elections, as well as those on voters' qualifications, into a new Article on Elections]

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies