Demrepdan's final changes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:12:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Demrepdan's final changes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Demrepdan's final changes  (Read 19494 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: March 11, 2004, 10:52:03 PM »

Another thing.........*sigh*.......since you guys voted against the creation of the House of Representatives....I was thinking of boosting up the number of the Senate.......instead of 2 Senators per region......(making it 10 Senators in all)........I was thinking of making it FOUR Senators per region (making it 20 Senators in all)...which would allow more people to have a Senate seat.....and also have more voices in the Legislative body. Because lets face it......a 10 member Senate is more like a council....and not a legislative body.....

And if you don't like 4 Senators per region...how about at least 3? However, with 3 Senators that would make it 15 total Senators...which would mean we would NEVER need the VP to break a tie.....unless some Senators don't vote on a bill or something.....

But again...I strongly support 4 Senators per regions (20 total Senators)....the less Senators we have.......the more of a council it looks like.....

I wish to stick with two.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 11:27:22 PM »

If we do four we could stagger them at one election a month.

That's what I was thinking....if Senators serve 2 month terms......then we need to stagger them where we have Senatorial Elections each month.......with half of the Senate seats up for grabs.......but as it looks now.....we will have 2 Senators per region....and if that's the case I will NOT stagger the elections for a measly 10 Senators.......

But we don't want to have election too often or else there would be NO stability at all.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 11:28:01 PM »

If we do four we could stagger them at one election a month.

That's what I was thinking....if Senators serve 2 month terms......then we need to stagger them where we have Senatorial Elections each month.......with half of the Senate seats up for grabs.......but as it looks now.....we will have 2 Senators per region....and if that's the case I will NOT stagger the elections for a measly 10 Senators.......

But we don't want to have election too often or else there would be NO stability at all.

And after a while it would just get confusing and over done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies