Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 03:43:28 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Eleventh (11th) Pacific Council and Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Eleventh (11th) Pacific Council and Discussion Thread  (Read 753 times)
Governor Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 02:14:16 pm »
Ignore

Great Smiley I'll outline some basic ideas behind that bill and some exictaions for a proper debate in the bill thread.

Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 07:42:45 am »
Ignore

The Taxes should be flatter Act of 2014.
1. In order to encourage economic growth, and further development the Pac. Region will cut income taxes at all levels.
2.Proposed rates: 0% 0-$49,999
1.5% $50,000-$99,999
3.5% $100,000-$249,999
5.5% $250,000-$999,999
7.5% $1,000,000-

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”-John Lennon
"Taking care of our veterans is a cost of war. If you can spend 6 trillion dollars sending them to war, you can spend a few billion taking care of them when they come home"- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
Governor Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 07:04:09 am »
Ignore

Since we'll be getting 1 billion from the SoIA for a homless program similar to the one the IDS made, I guess we should be drafting such a bill.
Anyway, that would be my proposal:

The Pacific Homlessness Combattement Act:

The Pacific Regional Government hereby calls itsself responsible for combatting and eliminating homelessness in the Pacific Region.

1. The Pacific Regional Government hereby assigns $1'000'000'000 (One Billion Dollars) granted by the Federal Government of the Republic of Atlasia in the Public Means Public Act (2014) to build housing units for homeless people in the Pacific Region.
2. Every homeless individual or family in the Pacific Region is to be given the option to move into a housing unit which must include a living room, a bedroom with beds, a bathroom, a refrigerator, and Wifi.
3. Each individual or family will be assigned a caseworker to meet with on a weekly basis.  The caseworker, who shall be employed by the Pacific Regional Government, will be responsible for helping each applicant find employment.
3. Each individual or family will be allowed to stay in their respective departments until the government determines that they are self-sustainable.  The caseworker may assist the applicants in finding a new home located anywhere in the Pacific Region.
4. The Pacific Regional Government will be responsible for compiling client-level data into the database, including the results of annual counts of the homeless derived from shelter and street surveys taken each January.

It's very similar to the IDS bill, but yeah.
Devin, could you open the discussion thread for this bill as swiftly as possible? (You can open it for your bill, too - you're responsible for the opening and procedure of the bills, so you can open those you want, as long as no more than 3 are open at a time)

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout