Since we'll be getting 1 billion from the SoIA for a homless program similar to the one the IDS made, I guess we should be drafting such a bill.
Anyway, that would be my proposal:
The Pacific Homlessness Combattement Act:
The Pacific Regional Government hereby calls itsself responsible for combatting and eliminating homelessness in the Pacific Region.
1. The Pacific Regional Government hereby assigns $1'000'000'000 (One Billion Dollars) granted by the Federal Government of the Republic of Atlasia in the Public Means Public Act (2014) to build housing units for homeless people in the Pacific Region.
2. Every homeless individual or family in the Pacific Region is to be given the option to move into a housing unit which must include a living room, a bedroom with beds, a bathroom, a refrigerator, and Wifi.
3. Each individual or family will be assigned a caseworker to meet with on a weekly basis. The caseworker, who shall be employed by the Pacific Regional Government, will be responsible for helping each applicant find employment.
3. Each individual or family will be allowed to stay in their respective departments until the government determines that they are self-sustainable. The caseworker may assist the applicants in finding a new home located anywhere in the Pacific Region.
4. The Pacific Regional Government will be responsible for compiling client-level data into the database, including the results of annual counts of the homeless derived from shelter and street surveys taken each January.
It's very similar to the IDS bill, but yeah.
Devin, could you open the discussion thread for this bill as swiftly as possible? (You can open it for your bill, too - you're responsible for the opening and procedure of the bills, so you can open those you want, as long as no more than 3 are open at a time)