The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:25:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 295404 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2700 on: June 26, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »

I am offended Indiana is not included in this. Sad We in Southern Indiana consider ourselves part of the South.

We don't have registration down to the intrastate region level yet, though. If we had it, Southern Indiana would be in, but as it is, we can't do that.
Oh, just include the North as well. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2701 on: June 26, 2012, 05:48:48 PM »

See, we'll have every Tom, Dick and Harry wanting to vote in our elections. I love tmth but he is in no way a good southern boy who enjoys playing golf, wearing colorful clothes and eating collards and fried chicken on Sunday afternoons, but if we pass this bill, he'll have his filthy Midwestern hands all over our ballot boxes electing politicians with Indiana accents! This bill is anti southern and I will not leave this state house till its defeated!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2702 on: June 26, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »

You can't miss happy hour, Duke.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2703 on: June 26, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »

I keep a bottle of bourbon in my office.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2704 on: June 26, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »

I refuse to let my character be attacked! More lies from Duke! There's nothing better on a Sunday afternoon than friend chicken and dumplings. Fact.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2705 on: June 26, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »

Friends, this is just a prime example of carpet baggers from Indiana coming into our beautiful southern land trying to influence us. While tmth makes an effort to highlight his "knowledge," and I put parenthesis around that word for a reason, he fails to state that chicken and dumplings (spelled dumplin's by any good southerner) are only eaten on SATURDAY afternoons when you visit your grandmother. He also fails to highlight that these dumplins are made with biscuit batter and not "frozen dumplins" most indianians buy while wearing Hoosier shirts and wearing those silly stripped pants.

I will continue to crusade for the rights of true southerners . This bill is an abomination to all the beautiful southern girls, guys and puppy dogs who populate our gorgeous land. I was elected to defend this region, and with God, Jesus, and BushOK as my witness, I take this fight to the streets if my current sit in at the state house fails. And trust me, you don't want to meet me on the cold, hard streets.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2706 on: June 26, 2012, 08:02:35 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2012, 08:10:21 PM by Jbrase »

Representative Duke claims to be a champion of southern people. To that I have this to say:

Below is a map of the south.

The dark red are southern states that can participate in southern elections. The light red are southern states that may not. In Duke's fight for southern rights, he prevents a full 31% of the south from participating in southern elections. Now I will admit that carpet baggers are a valid concern but one that can be fixed by changing a bit of the language in the bill.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2707 on: June 26, 2012, 08:06:21 PM »

You forgot Poland Puerto Rico. Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2708 on: June 26, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »

the EVC doesn't have a PR option Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2709 on: June 26, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »

Representative Duke claims to be a champion of southern people. To that I have this to say:

Below is a map of the south.

The dark red are southern states that can participate in southern elections. The light red are southern states that may not. In Duke's fight for southern rights, he prevents a full 31% of the south from participating in southern elections. Now I will admit that carpet baggers are a valid concern but one that can be fixed by changing a bit of the language in the bill.

Then write a bill that would allow those states to join our region. I am not arguing that the people in Virginia, West Virginia and the like are NOT southern. I am arguing merely that allowing people in those states to vote not only in their own regional elections but in the DS elections as well is ridiculous, and probably not constitutional. It would also open the door for anyone in other states not in that map who have southern roots to claim to be part of us.

In the past, I have supported regional realignment to bring in southern states that are in regions like the MIDEAST and MIDWEST, like Virginia, West Virginia and Kentucky. I support them joining this glorious place. I do not support allowing them to have a say in what we do or who we elected until they become part of our region. No state citizens should have the right to have essentially 2 votes. We aren't disenfranchising anyone. Any claim that anyone who opposes this bill is supporting voter disenfranchisement is a joke and just puffery to support this bill, because it does not have any legal or logical reasoning behind it whatsoever.

The People's Paper will have an article on this later.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2710 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:18 PM »

What about Maryland and DC? (Maybe not Delaware, cause that'd just be an invitation to NE carpetbaggers).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2711 on: June 26, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »

What about Maryland and DC? (Maybe not Delaware, cause that'd just be an invitation to NE carpetbaggers).

This bill is clearly out of hand. Maryland has southern aspects to it. What Rep JBrase also fails to recognize is this is ATLASIA, and in ATLASIA, those states are not in the south. I don't care what Americans thing. Beyond the walls of these threads, we are all Atlasians. And the states in the south in Atlasia are all southern. The rest are mid eastern/midwestern, even if we argue otherwise through our American lenses.

I would also like to know how this bill is even constitutional since it gives people two votes, which is only a right given to people in those states listed. Even if this chamber ignores my warnings and my protests out on the front steps of the statehouse and passes this bill, I will take it to court, pay off any judges I can, and have it defeated!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2712 on: June 26, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »

How about Kansas? While we're at it, the Dakota's and Mormon triangle!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2713 on: June 26, 2012, 09:27:57 PM »

As you can see friends, even carpetbaggers like Tmth know the truth behind this bill: a ploy to allow the entire country to vote in our sacred elections. If we let the mormons into the fray, we may as well disband and go join whichever region we wish. I guess that means I will join the "independent" region.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2714 on: June 26, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »

I am offended Indiana is not included in this. Sad We in Southern Indiana consider ourselves part of the South.

Though in all seriousness, is this Consitutional?

Some of us in Northern Indiana have extensive southern heritage. My own family(the non-native parts) emigrated from Germany and lived in North Carolina. I even had relatives fight for the Confederates. The only constuitional way would be a redisctricting which many oppose.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2715 on: June 26, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »

*facedesk*

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2716 on: June 26, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »

Though in all seriousness, is this Consitutional?

Some of us in Northern Indiana have extensive southern heritage. My own family(the non-native parts) emigrated from Germany and lived in North Carolina. I even had relatives fight for the Confederates. The only constuitional way would be a redisctricting which many oppose.

Thank you. Because of logical, sound individuals like you, this bill will go where it belongs: in the trash can with all my liquor bottles.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2717 on: June 26, 2012, 10:07:33 PM »

I will enthusiastically support this bill, assuming it remains exactly as proposed, of course. I'm sure several of my Midwest Labor friends would love new vacation homes in Oklahoma.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2718 on: June 26, 2012, 10:15:18 PM »

Who the f**k vacations in g*ddamn Oklahoma?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2719 on: June 26, 2012, 10:18:20 PM »

Think about all that nothing you'll see! Nothing on the horizon, nothing around you - no buildings, trees or civilization of any kind. Just the thought of it puts me into a state of uber-relaxation.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2720 on: June 26, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »

Think about all that nothing you'll see! Nothing on the horizon, nothing around you - no buildings, trees or civilization of any kind. Just the thought of it puts me into a state of uber-relaxation.

It puts me in a state of panic. I'd probably go insane if I was out in the Oklahoman plains.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2721 on: June 26, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »

Oh my gosh...I forgot about Montana!!!

There's also Southern Illinois, which is pretty Southern.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2722 on: June 26, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »

Oh my gosh...I forgot about Montana!!!

There's also Southern Illinois, which is pretty Southern.

Another valid point! Your check will be in the mail with the amount I promised.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2723 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:10 PM »

Problem solved! You're welcome.

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2724 on: June 27, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »

*AHEM*

I propose the following amendment...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies