The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:04:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 296859 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3000 on: August 27, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »

^Ditto to that.

I'll be gone for a few days on a camping expedition, and then I guess I'll be sworn into the senate after that, so... yeah. Hopefully I'll be able to drop in a bit from my phone, but I can't make any promises.

So with that being said, I just want to thank everyone for being so welcoming here. I know I haven't been a part of this body for months and months, but I really enjoyed working with all of you. It's been great. Now go get that education bill passed. Wink

Enjoy camping and the Senate! I only hope we have someone as dedicated as you to fill your seat.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3001 on: August 27, 2012, 01:57:08 AM »

Congrats on getting into the Senate Smiley

The bill passes unanimously! We now await PiT to sign/veto
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3002 on: August 27, 2012, 02:12:08 AM »

On the the Livestock Quality Assurance Act: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3003 on: August 27, 2012, 02:47:55 AM »

Let the debate commence!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3004 on: August 27, 2012, 02:49:00 AM »

Did this not pass prior?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3005 on: August 27, 2012, 06:32:40 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2012, 06:51:47 AM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

It didn't pass with this being the new flag; this is it as the Imperial Standard. Since this has the changes to it that I supported, I support it.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3006 on: August 27, 2012, 11:32:15 AM »

In case anyone wasn't sure, I support this Grin
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3007 on: August 27, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »

FTR, I incorporated SJoyceFla's suggestions in the original debate for this, and Adam Griffin's suggestions for the last Revolutionary Act. I just didn't think the middle one was very workable.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3008 on: August 27, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2012, 01:02:47 PM by Senator Duke »

I oppose. We don't need JBrase's name enshrined upon our coat of arms. If anything, it should be my name, as the Dirty South was dead before my overlords and I took over, nursed it back to health, left the union and then returned before naming it the Dirty South and making it a region to be reckoned with. If anything, he rode my coattails Wink

But I oppose having any governor's name on our coat of arms really. One man does not represent an entire people. This is the coat of arms for the IDS/DS, not of JBrase's house or family.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3009 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »

I oppose. We don't need JBrase's name enshrined upon our coat of arms. If anything, it should be my name, as the Dirty South was dead before my overlords and I took over, nursed it back to health, left the union and then returned before naming it the Dirty South and making it a region to be reckoned with. If anything, he rode my coattails Wink

But I oppose having any governor's name on our coat of arms really. One man does not represent an entire people. This is the coat of arms for the IDS/DS, not of JBrase's house or family.

By my understanding, the Coat of Arms created is merely that of whichever Imperial House currently controls the seat of the Emperor, and is subject to change with elections, so no one man will ever permanently be on the flag. Currently the House of Jbrase is the only one with a seal, but Sanchez has announced plans for a House of Sanchez, and there are a couple other regional groupings (RPP, Whig). The Voter Rolls haven't been as active as I would have liked, but still.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3010 on: August 27, 2012, 01:28:39 PM »

By my understanding, the Coat of Arms created is merely that of whichever Imperial House currently controls the seat of the Emperor, and is subject to change with elections, so no one man will ever permanently be on the flag. Currently the House of Jbrase is the only one with a seal, but Sanchez has announced plans for a House of Sanchez, and there are a couple other regional groupings (RPP, Whig). The Voter Rolls haven't been as active as I would have liked, but still.

So we will change it whenever a new governor takes over? I suppose that makes sense, more so than changing the flag over and over. Granted, I am not Scottish or English, never cared for medieval history, and as a Greek, we did not have coat of arms, so I am unfamiliar with how they work for families, let alone regions.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3011 on: August 27, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »

So we will change it whenever a new governor takes over? I suppose that makes sense, more so than changing the flag over and over. Granted, I am not Scottish or English, never cared for medieval history, and as a Greek, we did not have coat of arms, so I am unfamiliar with how they work for families, let alone regions.

Yep. Ya know, you could found a House of Duke as well.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3012 on: August 27, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »

What is the point of finding houses though? Like, do we have dinner parties? Form coalitions? Aren't these houses simply your offspring who take over for you when you leave office? I understand that the House of JBrase was his house when he was in office, but who else is in it? If someone he hand picks takes over?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3013 on: August 27, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »

What is the point of finding houses though? Like, do we have dinner parties? Form coalitions? Aren't these houses simply your offspring who take over for you when you leave office? I understand that the House of JBrase was his house when he was in office, but who else is in it? If someone he hand picks takes over?

I think it's regional political alliances based on the politics of previous Emperors. Jbrase's House includes him, PiT, me, and Yankee; it's a libertarian-leaning bloc.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3014 on: August 27, 2012, 02:16:46 PM »

I don't think there are many in this region that line up with me politically Tongue

Although I figured Yankee would be in my house as he was around during my terrific reign and we both sort of grew together, but who knows.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3015 on: August 28, 2012, 12:31:03 AM »

Yankee is currently a member of the House of Jbrase, but if he became Emperor he could easily start his own house. It's really the prerogative of the person in charge.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3016 on: August 28, 2012, 01:19:39 AM »

Reviewing the previous debate (on the flag change) and seeing this is for the Imperial Standard, I can dig this.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3017 on: August 28, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »

Unless anyone wants more debate we can open a vote later today.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3018 on: August 28, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2012, 03:48:54 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

Unless anyone wants more debate we can open a vote later today.

Then we can move on to the next one of yours, then some of mine (we need that Labor bill ASAP).
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3019 on: August 28, 2012, 09:02:18 PM »

And vote time.

------

AYE
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3020 on: August 28, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »

Aye.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3021 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:13 PM »

Aye
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3022 on: August 28, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »

What are we voting on now? The imperial flag and the like? If so, aye.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3023 on: August 28, 2012, 11:38:17 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'll keep the vote going till morning to see if Hagrid shows up
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3024 on: August 29, 2012, 03:44:29 AM »

What are we voting on now? The imperial flag and the like? If so, aye.

It's the imperial standard, my good man. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies