The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:14:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297663 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3350 on: November 20, 2012, 11:41:28 PM »

I would like to see at least one city in each state have access to these funds - as you suggested, Jackson along with perhaps Little Rock? Also, was San Juan's position included in these figures?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3351 on: November 20, 2012, 11:59:55 PM »

It would be a heck of a feat to include San Juan in with these rail projects Tongue

And yes, in theory I would like to see one city in each region get access to these funds as long as it is reasonable. I think the capitol cities of each is a good place to start as they will likely be the cities most visited.

And thanks for including Charleston on the list. That city owes me so much considering all the handouts I have given it over the years - but it's well deserved after JBrase unilaterally moved the lovely Plantation to Memphis. What a sham.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3352 on: November 21, 2012, 12:16:39 AM »

I forgot about San Juan, actually. It comes in at #14 on the list. Adding that in, the states currently left out of the list are AL, AR, and MS. I think the capital of each state is a fine choice, and I we can bump off #17-19 to accomodate them, if that's cool with The People.

It would be a heck of a feat to include San Juan in with these rail projects Tongue

And yes, in theory I would like to see one city in each region get access to these funds as long as it is reasonable. I think the capitol cities of each is a good place to start as they will likely be the cities most visited.

And thanks for including Charleston on the list. That city owes me so much considering all the handouts I have given it over the years - but it's well deserved after JBrase unilaterally moved the lovely Plantation to Memphis. What a sham.

We actually misunderstood what it was about initially. These are for rail projects within the metropolitan areas themselves. Not connecting different metropolitan areas. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3353 on: November 21, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »

I surmise that The People approve? Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3354 on: November 21, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »

I'm not sure that Speaker SJoyceFla (IB-St. Petersburg) approves of these changes...
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3355 on: November 21, 2012, 09:23:46 AM »

Mr. Speaker, I move that the list be divided into TX- and not- TX for discussion of regional transportation improvements. As I stated earlier, I would prefer that the remainder of the IDS get the transportation funds earmarked for Texas.

Houston, TX
San Antonio, TX
Dallas, TX
El Paso, TX
Austin, TX
Fort Worth, TX
Arlington, TX
Corpus Christi, TX

Charlotte, NC
Jacksonville, FL
Memphis, TN
Nashville, TN
Atlanta, GA
Raleigh, NC
Miami, FL
San Juan, PR
New Orleans, LA
Tampa, FL
Greensboro, NC
Charleston, SC

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3356 on: November 21, 2012, 09:27:42 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mr. Speaker, regarding the proposed bill by the Jr member from the great state of Georgia, that looks fine to me. Does anyone else have any amendments to suggest?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3357 on: November 21, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »

I shall bring this to the floor, co-sponsor it, and suggest the further amendment of:
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3358 on: November 21, 2012, 05:38:35 PM »

I found out that we missed the deadline to amend our request anyway. Fortunately, the SoIA was pleased with our extant request.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3359 on: November 21, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »

I think we need to go ahead and pass the amendment as quickly as possible. I think it is obvious who is running for what office, and I hope the Supreme Court does not rule to throw out 12 votes this time around based on a technicality like the one being argued.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3360 on: November 21, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »

We'll have to wait for Thanksgiving. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3361 on: November 22, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »

While the proposed amendment is still an issue of the utmost priority, there are also other important issues on the horizon:

1) Seatown has threatened to take his case to the Supreme Court. While there is no timeframe to act yet, we should probably get the ball rolling on choosing a Defender of the Realm soon.

2) Secretary of Internal Affairs Speed of Sound has apportioned us $1.75 billion for our rail project. He has given us two weeks to create a more comprehensive plan that would fall under that budget. Concrete planning has given us fits in the past, so we should probably get on top of this.

3) Hurricane Sandy has caused some damage to our region. It has not been that extensive and I think we can cover it without federal aid, but I think we should take care of the issues that co-Speaker SJoyceFla has covered in GM Shua's office, for the sake of an expedient return to normality.

Given that we are faced with all of these projects of heightened urgency, I would strongly suggest creating multiple threads to debate bills, for the time being at least.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3362 on: November 22, 2012, 02:56:57 AM »

1) Seatown has threatened to take his case to the Supreme Court. While there is no timeframe to act yet, we should probably get the ball rolling on choosing a Defender of the Realm soon.

I'd like to suggest that we draft the former Speaker back into service.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3363 on: November 22, 2012, 08:22:38 AM »

New threads created. Does sponsor Adam Griffin accept my amendment as friendly?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3364 on: November 22, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »

New threads created. Does sponsor Adam Griffin accept my amendment as friendly?

Yes.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3365 on: November 22, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »

If you fine gentleman would not mind, I will put my name into the hat for defending our region in court.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3366 on: November 22, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »

If you fine gentleman would not mind, I will put my name into the hat for defending our region in court.

Given your record of defending our region, particularly against the HAEV, I will appoint you to such. Check my office thread momentarily.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3367 on: November 23, 2012, 02:35:14 AM »

This is the current draft of the proposed amendment. Since it's still the holiday weekend, we'll allow more time unless there's a consensus from the Legislators to proceed to a vote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3368 on: November 23, 2012, 02:41:42 AM »

I don't think the language specifications are particularly needed, as long as it is something that can be readily translated on the internet (which is probably everything). If someone casts a ballot in Japanese, Google Translate can handle it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3369 on: November 23, 2012, 02:50:50 AM »

I don't think the language specifications are particularly needed, as long as it is something that can be readily translated on the internet (which is probably everything). If someone casts a ballot in Japanese, Google Translate can handle it.

I agree. While I accepted the amendment as friendly, I mainly just want to address this issue as soon as possible. I do not find it particularly necessary considering that in this context we are attempting to relax how votes are interpreted.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3370 on: November 23, 2012, 02:52:59 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2012, 03:00:21 AM by IDS Co-Speaker Griffin »

Per the Emperor's suggestion, we will go ahead and hold a vote to appoint Jbrase the Defender of the Realm to represent the region in Seatown vs IDS.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3371 on: November 23, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »

I made a thread for it to be done in while we discuss the amendment here. We can hold the vote here, though.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3372 on: November 23, 2012, 02:59:29 AM »

I made a thread for it to be done in while we discuss the amendment here. We can hold the vote here, though.

We can do it in your thread. I was thinking that it was more of an announcement thread initially. I still haven't adjusted to having a thread for separate topics, yet.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3373 on: November 23, 2012, 03:12:26 AM »

We can do it in your thread. I was thinking that it was more of an announcement thread initially. I still haven't adjusted to having a thread for separate topics, yet.

I've been hesitant to make the switch because I figured that we would burn through the queue too quickly and end up with nothing to talk about. There's just too much time-sensitive business now to handle all of it in one thread, though. If we like it, then we should consider making it a permanent feature of the Legislature.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3374 on: November 23, 2012, 03:39:51 AM »

I agree. While I accepted the amendment as friendly, I mainly just want to address this issue as soon as possible. I do not find it particularly necessary considering that in this context we are attempting to relax how votes are interpreted.

Yeah, I know; the Judicial Overlord merely recommended we address languages in his opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies