The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:59:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297076 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: July 14, 2010, 02:16:35 AM »

Aye.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #426 on: July 14, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »

Aye
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2010, 05:25:01 PM »

Hey there, Southeastern Legislature. As you're all no doubt aware, pretty soon you'll be needing to pick a representative to the Constitutional Convention. I'd like to place myself in consideration for this appointment. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:30 PM »

Hey there, Southeastern Legislature. As you're all no doubt aware, pretty soon you'll be needing to pick a representative to the Constitutional Convention. I'd like to place myself in consideration for this appointment. Smiley

Alright, we will discuss that once we are finished with the current bill.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #429 on: July 15, 2010, 09:23:18 PM »

The Bill is passed
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2010, 09:27:14 PM »

We need Governor Jbrase to sign it before it enters force, though.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #431 on: July 15, 2010, 09:27:39 PM »

Southeast Militia Bill

X JBrase
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

Alright, before we move on to the next bill, we need to select a delegate to the Constitutional Convention. Thoughts on selecting Senator Bacon King?
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »

Alright, before we move on to the next bill, we need to select a delegate to the Constitutional Convention. Thoughts on selecting Senator Bacon King?
I think Senator Bacon King should describe what he intends to push for in his potential role as a delegate, what his goals are, etc.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2010, 11:12:14 PM »

I think Senator Bacon King should describe what he intends to push for in his potential role as a delegate, what his goals are, etc.

Agreed. The fact that this Convention will be smaller than the last one makes it highly important that the delegates are the best possible people for the role. I will inform the Senator that his presence is requested on the Legislature floor.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #435 on: July 16, 2010, 02:38:50 AM »

I would like to throw my hat in the ring to be a delegate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #436 on: July 16, 2010, 03:23:09 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2010, 03:24:56 AM by SE Legislator PiT »

I would like to throw my hat in the ring to be a delegate.

In that case, please begin by answering the questions that Legislator Deldem posed two posts above yours.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: July 16, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »

First off, I believe I'm well qualified to be a delegate to this Constitutional Convention. Look simply at the grasp of Senate procedure I demonstrate in my service as President Pro Tempore of that body to observe that I have the know-how of legal structure and parliamentary procedure necessary to be a capable Constitutional delegate. I understand how to write a governing document and also how even the most subtle of nuances in wording affect how the nation would be run. For further experience in this area, I point to the bylaws of the Jesus Christ Party I'm currently drafting and writing with feedback from the JCP Convention; you can see I have listened to input from all sides and, from the bylaws sections I have done, spent a good deal of time and effort into the collaboration. Simply, I want to be the Southeast's representative to the Constitutional Convention because I want the thing works, and I want to make sure our region meaningfully assists to make sure it works.

Regarding my goals at the Convention, I don't want any dramatic alteration of Atlasia. I will be amenable to compromise from other delegates, as well as to suggestions from the people of the Southeast, but I don't want, as the saying goes, "change for the sake of change." I support the Constitutional Convention largely for the purposes President Purple State suggested it in the first place- to condense the thing so Atlasian's don't have to look through a half dozen amendments to understand a point of law. Any alteration to the Constitution above and beyond that must demonstrate to me a legitimate and imperative need for such a change before I would support it.

Thank you for your time; I hope I can be trusted with such a responsibility to our region and Atlasia as a whole.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #438 on: July 16, 2010, 04:42:15 PM »

Thank you, Senator. Would the Governor like to address the Legislature on this matter?
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: July 16, 2010, 07:25:32 PM »

Thank you, Senator Bacon King. However, an additional question for you, as well as for Governor JBrase when he comes in.

Are there any specific reforms you would push for (beyond the condensing of the Constitution), or any that you assuredly oppose?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #440 on: July 16, 2010, 07:59:11 PM »

Actually, I would also like to pose a question to both Senator Bacon King & Governor Jbrase. In your opinion, by what criteria should we judge whether the Constitutional Convention is a success or a failure?

Don't be afraid to let me know if either of you feel pressured by the number of questions.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #441 on: July 16, 2010, 10:19:12 PM »

I would like to work to be a voice for everyone in the SE, voicing the various concerns and proposals other SE citizens may have. I would be open to compromise on most issues that may arise, that being said, I would firmly reject any proposal that would undermine regional rights.

As far as whether or not the ConCon is successful will be determined in the days and weeks following, when we can be begin how effective the changes are, how much smoother things run ect.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #442 on: July 19, 2010, 03:38:39 AM »

I would like to work to be a voice for everyone in the SE, voicing the various concerns and proposals other SE citizens may have. I would be open to compromise on most issues that may arise, that being said, I would firmly reject any proposal that would undermine regional rights.

As far as whether or not the ConCon is successful will be determined in the days and weeks following, when we can be begin how effective the changes are, how much smoother things run ect.

My question was more about what means we could use to judge whether it's a success. I will admit that it is a rather abstract question, & that I will be greatly impressed if anybody can provide a good answer to it.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #443 on: July 19, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »

My question was more about what means we could use to judge whether it's a success. I will admit that it is a rather abstract question, & that I will be greatly impressed if anybody can provide a good answer to it.
Well in the short term, as a region, the largest measure of success well be if all the concerns of the SE may have are met. That being said, every individual having his/her own opinions well naturally have their own measure of success. For me personally, that would include a finished product that is written clearly, sets clear boundaries for what the Federal Government can and cannot do, and allows for greater regional and importantly maximum individual freedom. Ultimately though, it will be in the long term that we can truly and more accurately measure the success on the ConCon.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #444 on: July 19, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »

Well in the short term, as a region, the largest measure of success well be if all the concerns of the SE may have are met. That being said, every individual having his/her own opinions well naturally have their own measure of success. For me personally, that would include a finished product that is written clearly, sets clear boundaries for what the Federal Government can and cannot do, and allows for greater regional and importantly maximum individual freedom. Ultimately though, it will be in the long term that we can truly and more accurately measure the success on the ConCon.

I am not sure how much of a change people will allow that would allow for clearer definition of the federal government's powers, though I would very much like to see that happen.

Would the Senator like to take a stab at this question?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #445 on: July 19, 2010, 02:54:27 PM »

I was very tempted to just put this, lol Smiley
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: July 19, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »

Representative Deldem: There are no specific reforms I currently support except for the consolidation and simplification of our Constitution that is currently bloated with amendments. I disagree with any fundamental changes to the status quo and will continue to do so unless my fellow delegates convince me of the legitimate and pressing need for such reform.

Representative PiT: The Constitutional Convention will be a success if it produces a cohesive and complete document for Atlasia's voters to consider. If selected by this body I have no doubt that goal will be met. I will personally ensure, through my activity, ability, and drive, that the upcoming Constitutional Convention will end as a success.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: July 19, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »

I'd like to provide more nuance to my response by noting that I'm not opposed to any reform. In fact, if any ideas are proposed or suggested that I do believe will improve Atlasia, I will gladly jump at the opportunity to support it. However, I simply reiterate that any change I do support must actually make Atlasia better, not simply be a change from the status quo without purpose.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #448 on: July 19, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »

However, I simply reiterate that any change I do support must actually make Atlasia better, not simply be a change from the status quo without purpose.
I agree with BK in that there shouldn't be any change for the sake of change, we should focus first and foremost on cleaning up the Constitution, then we could get on to anything else that would serve to benifit Atlasia.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #449 on: July 19, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »

I think that the administration has made it clear that they want to aggressively limit the scope of changes discussed at the convention to avoid unnecessary radical changes, so it is good to know that both prospective choices are amenable to the goal of the Convention. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies