The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:02:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 296934 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: September 17, 2010, 02:00:45 PM »

Also, where are we going to build it? I would think it would need to be near a major city with an airport, or at least near a major interstate that is well traveled.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #626 on: September 17, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »

What if we put it in Memphis, across from the IDS government complex?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #627 on: September 17, 2010, 03:56:18 PM »

What if we put it in Memphis, across from the IDS government complex?
That sounds good.  And if you want to edit the bill you can just repost it with your additions.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #628 on: September 17, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2010, 08:17:48 PM by Darth PiT, Imperial Speaker »

Alright, let's add a section 4, so now we have:

Pentagram Creation Act
1.  A giant structure is to be built in the shape of a Pentagram.
          a.  The interior of the Pentagram is to be an intricate maze.
          b.  The walls are to be several stories high and made of black marble.
2.  The construction of said Pentagram shall be contracted out to a regional construction company.
3.  The Pentagram should, upon completion, be designated a tourist attraction.
4. The Pentagram shall be built in the city of Memphis, TN, outside the southern border of the Capital Complex, facing the Capitol Building.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #629 on: September 18, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »

That's good with me.  Think it's ready for a vote?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #630 on: September 18, 2010, 10:37:04 PM »

It looks good. I wonder where our colleague Darth Deldem is, however. His input on this matter would be appreciated.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #631 on: September 20, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »

Sorry, I've been pretty busy the last few weeks. I'm ready to vote though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #632 on: September 20, 2010, 06:53:42 PM »

it just occurred to me that we have not allocated an amount to budget the contract, or specified where that amount would come from.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #633 on: September 20, 2010, 07:54:19 PM »

it just occurred to me that we have not allocated an amount to budget the contract, or specified where that amount would come from.
We would need these contractors to give us an estimate, at least in real life.  And don't we have a budget surplus?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #634 on: September 20, 2010, 09:38:06 PM »

We would need these contractors to give us an estimate, at least in real life.  And don't we have a budget surplus?

Fair enough. If we defined an upper limit on what was to be allotted to it, they'd try to get us as close to that limit as possible.

Last we heard, but that was a while ago. It might have changed since then.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #635 on: September 21, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »

Fair enough. If we defined an upper limit on what was to be allotted to it, they'd try to get us as close to that limit as possible.

We might've used up the surplus on the education bill.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #636 on: September 21, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »

We probably did. May I suggest we recoup the costs through a certain share of tickets sold to tourists visiting the monument? It will have the side-effect of discouraging the contractors from over-charging us, since we will then just take more of their profits down the road.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #637 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:39 PM »

We probably did. May I suggest we recoup the costs through a certain share of tickets sold to tourists visiting the monument? It will have the side-effect of discouraging the contractors from over-charging us, since we will then just take more of their profits down the road.
Sounds good.  I don't have any ideas for a figure on an upper limit, do you or Deldem?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #638 on: September 21, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »

As I alluded to above, I think an upper-limit would be counterproductive. Basically, what I am thinking is that whoever runs the place after it's completed gets 80% of ticket sales while the contractor gets 20%. However, we take 10%, which comes out of the contractor's 20%, until we have covered the cost of funding the contract. As such, there is no incentive for the contractor to try to gouge us, since whatever they get paid for the job itself is essentially an advance on the percentage of ticket sales they get after the job is done.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #639 on: September 21, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »

As I alluded to above, I think an upper-limit would be counterproductive. Basically, what I am thinking is that whoever runs the place after it's completed gets 80% of ticket sales while the contractor gets 20%. However, we take 10%, which comes out of the contractor's 20%, until we have covered the cost of funding the contract. As such, there is no incentive for the contractor to try to gouge us, since whatever they get paid for the job itself is essentially an advance on the percentage of ticket sales they get after the job is done.
Oh, ok.  I must have misread your last post.  Would you mind editing that into the bill for me?  I'm doing math homework Sad
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: September 22, 2010, 09:21:13 AM »

I like it.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #641 on: September 22, 2010, 09:32:33 AM »

I was under the impression that this would be owned and run by the Imperial Dominion, seeing as we're paying to build it and all.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #642 on: September 23, 2010, 02:45:03 AM »

I was under the impression that this would be owned and run by the Imperial Dominion, seeing as we're paying to build it and all.

Ah, good point. I think we should still take something out of the contractors' share, though, so they don't stiff us. I propose an amendment to the bill to add a section five, so it now reads:

Pentagram Creation Act
1.  A giant structure is to be built in the shape of a Pentagram.
          a.  The interior of the Pentagram is to be an intricate maze.
          b.  The walls are to be several stories high and made of black marble.
2.  The construction of said Pentagram shall be contracted out to a regional construction company.
3.  The Pentagram should, upon completion, be designated a tourist attraction.
4. The Pentagram shall be built in the city of Memphis, TN, outside the southern border of the Capital Complex, facing the Capitol Building.
5. 80% of revenues from ticket sales for admission to the Pentagram shall go into the Treasury of the Imperial Dominion of the South. The remaining 20% shall go to the contractors responsible for the construction of the Pentagram.
          a. Up to half of that shall be withdrawn by the government of the Imperial Dominion of the South, until that amount withdrawn is equal to the amount that the government of the Imperial Dominion of the South's contractual expenditures in the construction of the Pentagram.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #643 on: September 23, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »

Looks good.  Are we ready to vote now?
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #644 on: September 23, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »

If there's no objections I'm prepared to vote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #645 on: September 24, 2010, 12:16:49 AM »

Alright, the vote is open for 72 hours.

Aye.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #646 on: September 24, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »

Aye.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: September 25, 2010, 01:44:39 PM »

Aye
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #648 on: September 25, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »

With a unanimous vote of all Legislators in favor, I shall present this bill to the Emperor, for him to decide on its fate.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #649 on: September 27, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »

Pentagram Creation Act

X Jbrase
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies