The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:48:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 295608 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2825 on: July 11, 2012, 03:09:08 AM »

Well thats no fun, ow wells..Sad

Bill fails 2-2
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2826 on: July 12, 2012, 02:22:33 PM »

It's not that we universally shat all over the bill. I think it has some good merits to it, but we have no discussed it nearly enough to really ram it through the legislature at this point.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2827 on: July 12, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »

I think it was pretty close to a workable state, but the proposed flag really should just be an imperial standard. How many states IRL seriously entertain the idea of changing their flag whenever a new Governor enters office? Even if the change is far from inevitable, it seems way too often to be messing with what should be an enduring symbol of the region.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2828 on: July 12, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »

We need consistency in this region. How many face lifts have we gone through in the past few months/years? We have always been a region that has bucked the trend, so I suppose that is our lasting legacy regardless of what happens here.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2829 on: July 12, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2830 on: July 12, 2012, 06:22:37 PM »

If I want my license plate to say 666, then by Satan it will. Evil
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2831 on: July 12, 2012, 07:17:04 PM »

I am almost entirely sure you will never see a non-custom license plate that has just "666" for that reason I am opposed.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2832 on: July 12, 2012, 08:44:45 PM »

I am almost entirely sure you will never see a non-custom license plate that has just "666" for that reason I am opposed.

When I was on vacation in TN I actually did (and it had three non-custom letters/numbers before it. We could amend it to have "unless requested by the person to whom the plate is being issued".
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2833 on: July 13, 2012, 12:41:11 AM »

One of my family's old license plates was '666 FHZ', completely random. I'm not against this bill; I think we could add a provision that allows people to add the numbers if they so wish.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2834 on: July 13, 2012, 01:05:27 AM »

Yeah, I'd be fine with the bill as long as people who do want 666 can still get it.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2835 on: July 13, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »

Protecting Our Citizens From Satan Act of 2012
1. Neither the region nor any of its constituent states shall issue a license plate containing more than two instances of the number 6, unless requested by the individual obtaining the license plate
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2836 on: July 13, 2012, 05:48:05 AM »

Protecting Our Citizens From Satan Act of 2012
1. Neither the region nor any of its constituent states shall issue a license plate containing more than two instances of the number 6, unless requested by the individual obtaining the license plate

Excellent. Fully support.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2837 on: July 13, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »

Up for vote then.     -----                 aye.                   Also I am camping and my phone has terrible luck with internet in Iowa so duke shall be speaker pro temp until sunday night
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2838 on: July 13, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »

Aye.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2839 on: July 13, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

Aye.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2840 on: July 15, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

Protecting Our Citizens From Satan Act of 2012 is hereby passed and awaits action by PiT.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2841 on: July 15, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »

On the Protecting Our Citizens From Satan Act of 2012: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2842 on: July 15, 2012, 10:19:13 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2012, 09:11:22 AM by Speaker Jbrase »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Have at it boys
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2843 on: July 15, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »

I actually wanted to hold this till its equivalent comes up in the Senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2844 on: July 17, 2012, 12:49:48 AM »

Lol
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2845 on: July 17, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »

The Imperial Scribe Act of 2012

1. The position of Imperial Scribe will be conferred upon a sitting member of the Imperial Legislature, as chosen by plurality vote in said legislature.
2. Voting for the Imperial Scribe will take place at the beginning of each new legislative session.
3. The Imperial Scribe will be responsible for posting all new laws on a main page that branches off of the Imperial Dominion of the South’s wiki. The Scribe will update this page immediately following the passage of new legislation in the Imperial Legislature.
4. In the event that the Imperial Scribe is temporarily unable to fulfill his or her duties, the responsibilities of the Scribe will provisionally fall to the Imperial Speaker.
5. In the event that the Imperial Scribe permanently resigns the Scribeship or resigns from Legislature, the responsibilities of the Scribe will temporarily fall to the Imperial Speaker until such time as a by-election can be held in the Legislature to choose a new permanent Scribe.
6. Legislators can fire ineffectual Scribes with a two-thirds majority vote. Under such circumstances, the Speaker will execute the duties of the Scribe until a by-election can be held.
7. The existence of the position of Imperial Scribe does not preclude other Atlasians from updating the wiki.
8. Any pre-existing legislation that allocates wiki-related powers to certain individuals is hereby struck down.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2846 on: July 17, 2012, 06:04:42 PM »

I used to keep the laws up-to-date, but I've been sort of busy lately. Having someone designated to do it would be good. I think we should also take the opportunity to consider other improvements to regional recordkeeping.

For example, with Yelnoc gone, I think we should also take the opportunity to formalize the process of maintaining the Imperial Almanac. I rely heavily on it to remember who stands for election when, so not having anyone to update it now is a drag.

Also, the Public Notification Bill calls for me to post notices of bills passing in the OAII thread. The OAII has now become the Imperial Bloc & I don't think it is right that the region privilege one party in such a fashion. That should probably be amended to have a dedicated thread on the Atlas Fantasy Elections board.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2847 on: July 18, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »

The Imperial Scribe and Regional Housekeeping Act of 2012

1.   The position of Imperial Scribe will be conferred upon a sitting member of the Imperial Legislature, as chosen by plurality vote in said legislature.
2.   Voting for the Imperial Scribe will take place at the beginning of each new legislative session.
3.   The Imperial Scribe will be responsible for posting all new laws on a main page that branches off of the Imperial Dominion of the South’s wiki. The Scribe will update this page immediately following the passage of new legislation in the Imperial Legislature.
4.   The Scribe will henceforth also be responsible for the maintenance of the Imperial Almanac.
5.   In the event that the Imperial Scribe is temporarily unable to fulfill his or her duties, the responsibilities of the Scribe will provisionally fall to the Imperial Speaker.
6.   In the event that the Imperial Scribe permanently resigns the Scribeship or resigns from Legislature, the responsibilities of the Scribe will temporarily fall to the Imperial Speaker until such time as a by-election can be held in the Legislature to choose a new permanent Scribe.
7.   Legislators can fire ineffectual Scribes with a two-thirds majority vote. Under such circumstances, the Speaker will execute the duties of the Scribe until a by-election can be held.
8.   The existence of the position of Imperial Scribe does not preclude other Atlasians from updating the wiki.
9.   Any pre-existing legislation that allocates wiki-related powers to certain individuals is hereby struck down.
10.   Specifically, the Public Notification Bill will be amended such that the Emperor is now responsible for notifying all IDS citizens of newly passed legislation in a separate thread on the Atlas Fantasy Elections board.

-----------------

See points 4 and 10.

As for 10, I'm honestly not sure how ammendments work. So If someone else would like to correct me/sort this out, it would be much appreciated.

I just figured it would be a good idea to formalize the position a little bit more. Also, there's no reason for the Emperor or the Speaker to be swamped with all the wiki work. (Though perhaps I should add a clause allowing emperors to stand for election to the scribeship...?)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2848 on: July 20, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »

If no one has anything else to say It'll be up for a vote tonight.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2849 on: July 20, 2012, 06:40:42 PM »

If you wanted to amend an omnibus law, I'd probably insist on more formal wording. As it stands, I think your section 10 is good.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies