The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:58:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 298165 times)
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« on: October 25, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »

Hi, guys.

I, SvenssonRS, do solemnly affirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the South East against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me Dave.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »

Aye.

(P.S. Sorry for the inactivity, I've been extremely busy Sad)
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:43:53 PM »

Since I see nowhere else to post it, I propose an amendment to Speaker Yelnoc's bill...

Unborn Child Protection Act

1.  Noting that...
  • With current medical technology, babies can survive outside of the womb during the third  trimester, as evidenced by the plethora of prematurely born babies that survive to become healthy individuals.
  • Ending the life of a prematurely born baby is illegal.
2.  On that basis, the Unborn Child Protection Act seeks to extend that protection to fetus's in the third trimester.  All abortions carried out during the 3rd Trimester of pregnancy are hereby illegal
3.  Any physician who knowingly performs an abortion in the third trimester shall be fined under this titled or imprisoned for not more than two years or both.
4.  Exceptions to this law may be made in the case of a threat to the mother's health, rape, or incest.
5.  With the passage of the Unborn Child Protection Act, the previously passed Abortion Initiative shall be repealed, with this act taking its place.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 04:45:06 PM »

*ahem* Due to finding more information on the matter, I move to amend my amendment as follows.

Unborn Child Protection Act

1.  Noting that...
  • With current medical technology, babies can survive outside of the womb during the third  trimester, as evidenced by the plethora of prematurely born babies that survive to become healthy individuals.
  • Ending the life of a prematurely born baby is illegal.
2.  On that basis, the Unborn Child Protection Act seeks to extend that protection to fetus's in the third trimester.  All abortions carried out during the 3rd Trimester of pregnancy are hereby illegal
3.  Any physician who knowingly performs an abortion in the third trimester shall be fined under this titled or imprisoned for not more than two years or both.
4.  Exceptions to this law may be made in the case of a threat to the mother's health, rape, or incest.
5.  With the passage of the Unborn Child Protection Act, the previously passed Abortion Initiative, Louisiana Abortion Initiative, and South Carolina Abortion Initiative shall all be repealed, with this act taking their place.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but doesn't the bill, even with Svensson's amendment still substitute an apple for an apple?  I don't see the difference between the two laws other than word choice.

Your bill, plus my amendment, would push the abortion ban back another trimester, making it illegal only in the third.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:01:49 AM »

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but doesn't the bill, even with Svensson's amendment still substitute an apple for an apple?  I don't see the difference between the two laws other than word choice.

Your bill, plus my amendment, would push the abortion ban back another trimester, making it illegal only in the third.
Doesn't the Abortion Ban law only refer to the last trimester (90 day period)?

"It shall be against the law to induce an abortion in the Southeast Region after the 90th day of the pregnancy except in the case of a severe threat to the mother's health."

Basically, abortion is illegal, as it is, after three months - only one trimester.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:27 AM »

Aye on both measures.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »

I agree with PiT. If this is already in place as federal law, then there is no need to repeat ourselves.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »

ACK. Sorry, guys, I had an involved day today. Sad

Anyway, my position on the current bill-in-discussion is effective neutrality for now. If Duke can free up the funds regionwide, then we have a way of paying it off with trivial ease, which is my main concern. If not, then I suggest tabling this until such time we figure out a way to fund it.

So, my support for this rests entirely with Duke and how successful he is. If he gets us our $3B, then certainly, we can pay it off without a blink. If not, I can't really support the massive price tag.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »

Alright, then - that's that. Now that we know we can pay off the project, I can officially support it.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »

Aye.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 11:54:39 PM »

I see no real grounds of complaint here, aside from the name - which I suspect KS isn't inclined to change.

We still have plenty of funding left, so I don't quite see why not.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 07:43:24 PM »

Aye. Yay, unanimous consent.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »

Thanks for all the works y'all did on that bill. You are truly the DS's finest!
Thankyou.  If you had not proposed the bill we would never have thought about it.

Governor PiT, to be honest, I don't know how much money we will need and what our highest and lowest priorities are because I do not know the state of the various infrastructures in the IDS.  Is there a report or some source to find out or are we just supposed to come up with random figures (or do we base our figures off the state of the actual American Southeast rather than the Atlasian one)?

By the way, I have the flu, so I might not be very active over the next few days.

Sorry, Yelnoc. Having the flu is never fun. Sad

Infrastructure is a huge problem. I also think we could dump some more money into making towns like Natchez, MS a tourist town. Right now the town is surviving off of it's annual pilgrimages...

What category of the stimulus would that fall under, out of interest? Thing is, I agree, but I'd need to make some more specific calculations to figure how much we could spend.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 07:30:34 PM »

Thanks for all the works y'all did on that bill. You are truly the DS's finest!
Thankyou.  If you had not proposed the bill we would never have thought about it.

Governor PiT, to be honest, I don't know how much money we will need and what our highest and lowest priorities are because I do not know the state of the various infrastructures in the IDS.  Is there a report or some source to find out or are we just supposed to come up with random figures (or do we base our figures off the state of the actual American Southeast rather than the Atlasian one)?

By the way, I have the flu, so I might not be very active over the next few days.

Sorry, Yelnoc. Having the flu is never fun. Sad

Infrastructure is a huge problem. I also think we could dump some more money into making towns like Natchez, MS a tourist town. Right now the town is surviving off of it's annual pilgrimages...

What category of the stimulus would that fall under, out of interest? Thing is, I agree, but I'd need to make some more specific calculations to figure how much we could spend.

I think the biggest priorities should be (in no particualr order)

A. Roads/Bridges

B. Tourism (After BP, along with making our region a destination for nature-lovers)

C. Education (Lord, do our schools need to be fixed)

D. Renewable energy investments (Wind in TX, Hydro in LA, Solar everywhere, etc.)

Thing is, I don't know exactly where tourism would fit under the stimulus terms.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »

I'll step forward to sponsor it, sure.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »

Aye.

Seems like the legislature's a bit quiet lately.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »

Since there's nothing else to do, I think we should return the SE to it's roots, with standard titles of "Lieutenant Governor" instead of "Lork of Darkness," etc. Would anyone be in favor/willing to sponsor/write such a bill?

Well, I would probably support it for one simple reason - I can't actually bloody remember any of the titles. Tongue

As for writing it, I might do it if nobody else wants to.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »

Nay.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 02:46:37 PM »

Seems quite reasonable. Aye.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 05:38:21 PM »

With deepest apologies, I announce my resignation from the legislature. Although you've all been great, this forum has effectively lost all meaning to me.

It was fun while it lasted. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies