CO: Public Policy Polling: Romanoff beats Norton by 5, Bennet just ties her
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:48:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO: Public Policy Polling: Romanoff beats Norton by 5, Bennet just ties her
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: Public Policy Polling: Romanoff beats Norton by 5, Bennet just ties her  (Read 2299 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2010, 11:34:57 AM »

New Poll: Colorado Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2010-03-10

Summary: D: 44%, R: 39%, I: 0%, U: 17%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Bennet: 43%
Norton: 43%
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »

Still better than Bennet has been doing. Bennet has been a pretty great Senator, so I'm kind of conflicted about the primary here.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 02:27:16 PM »

Why's Bennett suddenly doing better? Is it that people are learning more about Norton?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »

You entered the wrong poll. The data page now shows Bennett with a 5 point lead over Norton, which isn't the case. Why wouldn't you just post the 43/43?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »

Still better than Bennet has been doing. Bennet has been a pretty great Senator, so I'm kind of conflicted about the primary here.

He's terrible for this state, though. I expect him to lose handily if he wins the primary. Only Romanoff can make this a race IMO.

By the way, while approval polls have largely remained static, it is interesting to note that Democrats' numbers seem to have been improving this past week or so.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:51:37 PM »

We are starting to see the Democratic Summer bump. It happens every election cycle.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »

We are starting to see the Democratic Summer bump. It happens every election cycle.

It's still winter.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »

LOL it's March 12th...
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »

Why's Bennett suddenly doing better? Is it that people are learning more about Norton?

It's the poll, not the pol.  Bennet is still very unpopular and Jane Norton still has the inside track to victory in November.  PPP also had Hickenlooper up by 11 points which is ridiculous.  If he's up at all--and I doubt that he is--Hick leads by a point or two.  It looks more like PPP is trying to cheerlead their candidates rather than do an accurate poll.  Which is fine, I suppose, and I'm sure it will work and result in a few extra bucks for each campaign.  But if you want to know the real numbers you should probably throw the Rasmussen numbers together with the PPP numbers and give the Rasmussen poll a little more weight.  What's the result?  McInnis up by a point and Norton up by a handful.  Given the political environment in Colorado (and nationally), that sounds pretty accurate to me.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 08:06:58 PM »

Lol! wow.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2010, 09:11:58 PM by Torie »

Of course. The rich Republicans have decamped to their summer spas, and when the phone rings at their official residence with the pollster drone at the other end of the line, one of their caretakers answer the phone, and pretends to be the actual owner of the place, and of course gives Dem oriented responses, because they are illegal aliens. The pollster drone at the other end of the line, doesn't realize that something might be amiss because of the minimal mastery of English from the responder. I hope that helps explain it all.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »

Of course. The rich Republicans have decamped to their summer spas, and when the phone rings at their official residence with the pollster drone at the other end of the line, one of their caretakers answer the phone, and pretend to be the actual owner of the place, and of course gives Dem oriented responses, because they are illegal aliens. The pollster drone at the other end of the line, doesn't realize that something might be amiss because of the minimal mastery of English from the responder. I hope that helps explain it all.

Democrats were cursed by an 80 year-old Indian witchdoctor, thus their bump will always come months before the actual election.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 09:14:07 PM »

It's a little-known fact that the United States is actually in the Southern Hemisphere.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »

It's a little-known fact that the United States is actually in the Southern Hemisphere.

You do know that the Earth changes its axis tilt from time to time don't you?  I mean, when the dinosaurs lived at what is now the north pole (well if not the Barney Rubble with his pet dino, at least plants that loved warm weather, and hated frost bite), it was not all due to global warming.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 01:18:35 AM »

You entered the wrong poll. The data page now shows Bennett with a 5 point lead over Norton, which isn't the case. Why wouldn't you just post the 43/43?

I´m basing this on the fact that Romanoff seems to be more popular with Democrats right now than Bennet is and that he`s therefore more likely to win the primary. Against Norton, Bennet loses more than 10% of Democrats to Norton, while Romanoff only loses about 5%.

Don`t worry really, on Monday PPP is out with the primary numbers: If they show Bennet ahead I´ll change the polls in the database and future polls in favor of Bennet.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »

Alot of these GOP challengers are from the previous Bush administration Thompson, Norton, Portman.  Alot of people did have real concerns about Obama moving in a more liberal direction from the previous administration.  But now, I don't think the public wanted to go back either.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »

Alot of these GOP challengers are from the previous Bush administration Thompson, Norton, Portman.  Alot of people did have real concerns about Obama moving in a more liberal direction from the previous administration.  But now, I don't think the public wanted to go back either.

It will be interesting to see how well third parties and independents do this year.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 04:43:16 PM »

Of course. The rich Republicans have decamped to their summer spas, and when the phone rings at their official residence with the pollster drone at the other end of the line, one of their caretakers answer the phone, and pretend to be the actual owner of the place, and of course gives Dem oriented responses, because they are illegal aliens. The pollster drone at the other end of the line, doesn't realize that something might be amiss because of the minimal mastery of English from the responder. I hope that helps explain it all.

Democrats were cursed by an 80 year-old Indian witchdoctor, thus their bump will always come months before the actual election.

So I'm not the only one with this theory. Wink

BTW: Love the new sig cartoon, Vepres!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 08:12:54 AM »

Alot of these GOP challengers are from the previous Bush administration Thompson, Norton, Portman.  Alot of people did have real concerns about Obama moving in a more liberal direction from the previous administration.  But now, I don't think the public wanted to go back either.

You are mistaken Jane Norton for Gale Norton. Two different Republicans, not related to each other but both are from Colorado. Jane was the Lieutenant Governor from 1999-2007 under Governor Bill Owens.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 08:25:45 AM »

Maybe McInnis should have ran for Senate and then Norton for Governor.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 11:06:55 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2010, 07:29:02 AM by Eraserhead »

He's terrible for this state, though. I expect him to lose handily if he wins the primary. Only Romanoff can make this a race IMO.

What's really the difference though? Isn't Romanoff slightly to the left of Bennet, if anything?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies