Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2015, 02:41:12 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Mideast Assembly Legislative Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Legislative Introduction Thread  (Read 203 times)
Speaker and Senator-elect Harry S Truman
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:59:03 am »
Ignore

Per the new rules, all proposed legislation should be introduced in this thread.

For historical purposes, the old thread can be found here: Mideast Assembly Thread (May 25, 2014-June 17, 2015)

Speaker of the Mideast Assembly
Noticeboard
Leg. Introduction Thread
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »
Ignore

Accessible Statute Act
Section 1: Structure
i. Acts passed by this legislature shall be recorded on the Mideast Statute page of the Regional Wikipedia, which shall be divided into two chapters.
ii. The first chapter shall be a complete listing of all Acts passed by the Assembly in chronological order, organized according to the session of the Assembly in which they were passed.
iii. The second chapter shall be a complete listing of all Acts passed by the Assembly and signed by the Governor, which have not been repealed or otherwise superseded by a successive Act of the Assembly, organized by category.
a. The primary categories of the second chapter shall be: I. Criminal; II. Business; III. Education; IV. Health; V. Environmental; VI. Governmental Procedure; and VII. Electoral. The Governor of the Mideast shall have the authority to create new categories at his discretion.
Section 2: Establishment
i. The Governor of the Mideast, or the officer chosen by him for the purpose, shall be responsible for bringing the Mideast Statute page into compliance with this Act within thirty (30) days of its passage.

Noticeboard
Leg. Introduction Thread
Mideast Governor windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:46:02 pm »
Ignore

Force-wide badge cameras for uniformed officers act
1)   The Mideast shall provide force-wide badge cameras for uniformed officers by the end of 2016.
2)   Police Integrity commissions (defined by the federal law : Law-Enforcement Transparency Bill 2015)  will have ownership of said footage. The Federal Government shall have access of the footage.
3)   The public will have the ability to view footage of direct relevance to themselves, after filing a freedom of information request through either their local jurisdiction, the regional government or the Federal Department of Internal Affairs.
4)   The federal governement shall fund this project. 15% of this funding will be directed towards increased training in non-lethal control techniques and dispute resolution. 10% of this funding will be directed towards improvements in officer safety equipment (for example, stab-vests and improved body-armor). 5% of this funding will be directed towards community relations and engagement, with emphasis on communities who've experienced historic troubles with police forces.
5)   No Mideast police force shall be able to employ the use of entrapment. Entrapment shall be defined as the encouragement - either directly by a police officer or by proxy through a civilian - to commit any crime that does not result in direct and involuntary bodily harm to another human being.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:54:47 pm by Mideast Governor windjammer »Logged

Flo   it seems like everytime i talk to you i have some sort of illness
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US state senates
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US State Houses
Mideast Governor windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 03:13:04 pm »
Ignore

Amendment to the constitution
Article 1 shall be named : The Executive
Article 1, Section 1  shall be named : The Governor
Article Section 2 shall be named : Gubernational elections
Article 1 Section 3 shall be named : Powers of the Governor
Article 1 section 4  shall be named : Vacancy of the Governorship
Article 1 Section 5 shall be named : Impeachment
Article 2 shall be named : The Judiciary
Article 2 Section 1 shall be named : The Superior Court
Article 2 Section 2 shall be named : Powers of the Superior Court
Article 3 shall be named : The Legislative
Article 3 Section 1 shall be named : The Mideast Assembly
Article 3  Section 2 shall be named : Mideast Assembly Rules
Article 3 Section 3 shall be named : Powers of the Mideast Assembly
Article 3 Section 4 shall be named : Enaction of a law, Veto
Article 3 Section 5 shall be named : Powers of the Lieutenant Governor
Article 3 Section 6 shall be named : The budget
Article 3 Section 7 shall be named : Expulsion
Article 6 Section 1 shall be names: "Mideast Constitutional Amendments"
Article 6 Section 2 shall be named: "Constitutional Convention"
Article 6 Section 3 shall be named: "Federal Supremacy"

Article 4 shall be amended to read :
Article 4 : Elections Regulations
Section 1 : Validity of a vote, a candidate, and a public referendum
  1) Any resident of one of the states of this Region, who shall be considered eligible to vote in elections for federal office, and having been a resident of this region for a period of seven days or more, shall likewise be eligible to participate in all elections and referendums conducted in the Mideast.
  2) Voters shall be permitted to edit their ballots until twenty minutes after posting them in the Regional Voting Booth. No voter shall edit their ballot after the official end of the voting period.
  3)  No person shall campaign in the thread in which voting shall occur. If a person does so they shall have their vote(s) counted as invalid and shall be subject to further trial and punishment as the law may provide. A person's username and signature are exempt from this clause.
  4) Candidates for Regional office must declare themselves as such in the appropriate thread by 00:01 on the Tuesday preceding the election in order to appear on the ballot. In order for a gubernatorial ticket to appear on the ballot, both the candidate for Governor and the candidate for Lt. Governor must declare their candidacies before this time.
5) Any qualified citizen of the Mideast may declare their intention to accept write-in votes at any time prior to or during the election, either by announcing so in the appropriate thread or by casting a write-in vote in their own name.
6)   No candidate will be permitted to appear on the ballot who does not meet the qualifications for officeholding set forth in this Constitution. Write-in votes for persons Constitutionally unqualified to hold office will not be counted.
7)   If a citizen, meeting the Constitutional requirements for the exercise of the franchise, will be unable to access the Mideast Voting Booth during the time of the election, he or she may request an Absentee Ballot from the Governor. Said ballot shall be cast in a voting booth created for the purpose on the Fantasy Elections board, and may be edited at any time prior to the commencement of the election.
Cool Should the Assembly pass legislation, and that legislation becomes law, and at least 25% of the population publicly protest the measure in a separate thread, a public referendum shall be held on that legislation.
 9) Initiatives may be proposed for public referendum with the support of at least 25% of the number of registered voters in the Mideast.

Section 2 : Election procedure
1) All elections and public referendums shall be administered by the Governor of the Mideast, or by the person acting as Governor. If the Governor is unable to administer the election, then the Lt. Governor, the presiding officer of the Assembly, or the Judge of the Superior Court will do so, with responsibility progressing in the given order.
  2) Elections for Governor and Lt. Governor shall be held in the months of January, May, and September; elections for the Assembly shall be held in the months of January, March, May, July, September, and November. Voting shall begin between 00:01 on the third Thursday of the given month and 00:00 on the first Friday thereafter, and will conclude exactly 72 hours afterwards.
3)  All elections for regional office will be conducted on the principle of a Single Transferable Vote. When the election is for a single office, the quota for election shall be a majority of the votes cast; when it is for multiple offices, the quota for election shall be the quotient of the total votes cast divided by the number of offices to be filled. All surpluses will be redistributed proportionally according to the next-highest preferences of the ballots in question.
4) Whenever a public referendum is to be held, the officer administering the election shall immediately open a thread in the Fantasy Elections Board in which the measure to be voted on can be read and discussed. After approximately 72 hours time, the officer shall then open the voting booth. Voting will continue for exactly 72 hours, except when the referendum is on a proposed amendment to the federal Constitution, in which case the vote shall continue for exactly 168 hours.
5)    In all referendums, citizens will vote either "aye" (or yes), "nay" (or no), or "abstain". The referendum will only be considered to have passed if a majority of voters voted "aye".

Section 3 : Swearing in of  Mideast  Officeholders
1)   All citizens elected to serve in the Regional Government will take office on the first Friday following their election.
2)  Prior to assuming office, all regional officeholders will swear the following oath: "I, [state name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of [state office name] and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Mideast Region."

Article V shall be amended to read :
Article V : Bill of Rights
1)No law shall be passed requiring a voter to denote their State of fantasy residence during an election.
2) An educated populace being essential to the maintenance of a Republican society, it shall be the duty of this government to maintain publicly funded schools, which shall be open to all citizens under the age of 18.
3) Persons in employment shall have the right to organize for the purpose of collective bargaining,
4) The holding of multiple offices under this government shall be prohibited
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:19:15 pm by Mideast Governor windjammer »Logged

Flo   it seems like everytime i talk to you i have some sort of illness
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US state senates
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US State Houses
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -0.36

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:28:17 pm »
Ignore

Mideast Family Farming Regulatory Relief Act
1.) Hemp
i. Cultivation and sale of industrial hemp shall henceforth be legal.
ii. A hemp research board will be established to research more into the industrial and practical uses of hemp.
2.) Raw Milk
i. The sale of raw milk in the Mideast Region shall be declared legal.
ii. Any raw milk sold must be labelled in prominent, readable lettering:
"CONTAINS UNPASTEURIZED MILK"
iii. Raw Milk shall be defined as unpasturized and/or unhomogenized dairy products
iv. This legislation shall also apply to cheese, cream, and ice cream products involving raw milk usage
3.) Future Farmers
i. The Mideast Government encourages and will collaborate with school districts and farm organizations to set up apprenticeship programs and school clubs to raise interest in family farming.
4.) Lawsuits
i. Corporations cannot legally sue farmers if their patented seed is spread by wind or unintentionally onto a farmer's land
ii. Intent to spread the patented seed unlawfully must be proven in court
5.) Government Sourcing
i. The Mideast Government is encouraged to buy and utilize as much locally produced food as possible in prisons, schools, and region owned facilities.

Catholic prairie populist.
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 12:25:40 pm »
Ignore

West Virginia Relief Act
Section 1: Appropriation of Funds
i. The Mideast government hereby commits $35,000,000 for disaster relief and recovery efforts in response to the terrorist insurgency in West Virginia this past May.
ii. Eighty-five percent (85%) of these funds shall be used to repair damages to the infrastructure of this State cause by said insurgency; the remainder shall be available to repair any damage to private property caused by the insurgency at the application of the owner.

Abortion Liberalization Act
Section 1: Repeal of Existing Statute
i. The Mideast Right to Life Act, the Mideast Public Assistance in Abortion Ban Statute, and the Mideast Abortion Statute II are hereby repealed.

Section 2: Definition of an Illegal Abortion
i. It is hereby a felony to intentionally abort a pregnancy beyond the 20th week of said pregnancy, except if a Medical Doctor (M.D.) believes that a significant risk is posed to the mother's health, or in the case of a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest.

Section 3: Penalties for Inducing an Illegal Abortion
i. Should a Medical Doctor or other person who has received a license to practice medicine from the Mideast Government or any subdivision thereof perform an illegal abortion, said license may be revoked for up to three years.
ii Any individual who induces a prohibited abortion shall be sentenced to a fine no greater than $50,000. Any person knowingly facilitating the inducement of a prohibited abortion shall be subject to a criminal fine not exceeding $10,000.
iii. A woman who undergoes an illegal abortion cannot be fined or imprisoned for violating the provisions of this act.

Section 4: Minors
i. Any individual under the age of sixteen must notify a parent or guardian in order to have an abortion, except in the cases of threat to the mother's health or a pregnancy caused by rape or incest.

Noticeboard
Leg. Introduction Thread
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout