Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 06:09:09 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  SE House legislation introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: SE House legislation introduction Thread  (Read 16038 times)
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2012, 06:47:57 am »
Ignore

The End the Bullsh**t Amendment

From now on, those elected to the IDS Legislature shall have as their official title "Legislator"

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2012, 09:32:24 am »
Ignore

From now on, those elected to the IDS Legislature shall have as their official title "Legislator"

I don't know if this is the place for friendly amendments, but would you accept one that would reword this as:

1 - From now on, those elected to the IDS Legislature shall have as their official title "Legislator"
2 - Members may also be know as MLA, or, Member of the Legislative Assembly

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2012, 09:44:22 am »
Ignore

I accept it as friendly

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2012, 11:23:02 am »
Ignore

How 'bout we wait until my bill is introduced to discuss this, eh?

Your Atlas experience will be 100x better if you turn signatures off. Trust me.
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2012, 02:46:48 am »
Ignore

IDS Welfare Drug Screening

Section 1: All adults with prior drug convictions applying for governmental income assistance in the Imperial Dominion of South must pass a drug screening free of illegal substances to receive benefits.

Section 2: The cost of the testing is paid for by the individual filing for benefits, but will be reimbursed upon producing a clean test.

Section 3: If the use of an illegal substance is detected on a test, that person is barred from receiving benefits for three years.

Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2012, 08:45:28 pm »
Ignore

'Sup? I used to be the governor of the Southeast (in like 2005 IIRC) and a few other national posts (VP, SCCJ. I've been reading some and am rather clueless about what's going on. Is the "House" for everyone to participate? Who are our leaders? Is Dibble still Magistrate? Like to get somewhat involved.

Renew our Democracy!
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2012, 09:03:29 pm »
Ignore

'Sup? I used to be the governor of the Southeast (in like 2005 IIRC) and a few other national posts (VP, SCCJ. I've been reading some and am rather clueless about what's going on. Is the "House" for everyone to participate? Who are our leaders? Is Dibble still Magistrate? Like to get somewhat involved.
In reverse order Dibble is still the Magistrate (now called the Chief Judicial Overlord), PiT is Emperor (Governor) and I am Imperial Speaker (SotH).  For a quick intro, read the Imperial Almanac, which is stickied in this board.  The house, which we call the legislature, is a five member body; current members are myself, Taft4Prez, Progressive Realist, MasterSanders, and Pingvin.

Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2012, 03:38:33 pm »
Ignore

thanks!

Renew our Democracy!
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2012, 10:57:55 am »
Ignore

Sagging Pants Ban Act of 2012
1. Sagging pants, jeans and shorts is now prohibited on the all IDS territory including Puerto Rico.
2. Those who were caught on sagging pants, shall be fined for 2000$.
3. Those were caught on this second time, shall be sentenced for one month of public works.

IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2012, 12:22:32 pm »
Ignore

Quote from: IDS Legislator Pingvin
Flag Change Act of 2012
1. Change of Flag Bill (http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=112235.msg2607439#msg2607439) is Hereby repealed.
2. The flag depicted below shall become the regional flag of the Imperial Dominion of the South, upon passage of this bill.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2012, 07:49:24 am »
Ignore

Quote from: IDS Legislator sjoycefla

Is Our Children Learning Act?

1.) In an attempt to produce better students through the recruitment of better teachers, pay for teachers shall be $15 per student per day taught.

2.) In an attempt to minimize time spent away from education, and in recognition of the climate of the IDS, summer vacation shall be shortened to six weeks, to be offset by an increase in the lengths of spring, fall/Thanksgiving, and winter breaks, in particular the former two due to climate being nicer during those times.

3.) After-school sports, performing arts, creative arts, and/or academic activities shall be supported by the government of the IDS through an increase in funding for such activities, designed to keep children active and thus away from criminal or delinquent behaviors that may arise from them being alone/bored/unsupervised.

4.) A tax credit shall be created for personal and corporate income taxes, allowing individuals/corporations to deduct a certain amount of income taxes to donate to education, which shall go to public schools to assist in paying for after-school programs, field trips, and/or school supplies. Individuals may deduct up to $500, couples filing joint returns may deduct up to $1000, and corporations may deduct up to $5000.

5.) Regardless of school district, if transportation can be arranged by the student or their family, children may be enrolled in any public school that has not reached maximum capacity for students.

6.) Magnet schools (defined as public schools with specialized courses or curricula) shall be established throughout the region as a draw for gifted, talented, or otherwise extraordinary students, in order to challenge these students academically. A model for this system would be the Governor's Schools of Virginia.

7.) After-school tutoring shall be supported by the region for struggling students to bring them back up to grade level.

8.) Class size in schools shall not exceed a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.

9.) Teachers shall first undergo a two-week-long observation period of several classrooms, then a three-month-period as a teacher's aide, then a year-long period as an "intern teacher", during which they shall be treated as a full teacher. After that year, evaluations of the teacher from parents, other teachers, and administrators shall be compiled in order to determine if the teacher should be hired. Review of teacher performance shall be performed every five years after date of hiring to determine whether said teacher is still performing to an adequate standard.

10.) In order to teach, teachers must hold a bachelor's degree with a major in an area related to the field in which they wish to teach, or be National Board Certified. The region shall subsidize tuition for teachers studying for a higher degree related to their chosen field (such as a Master's or Doctorate).

11.) All schools shall have Internet and computer access to a level of 10:1 students per computer at least.

12.) Schools shall be reviewed by a (something) in order to assess the integrity of the building upon request of the principal or 40% of teachers; in the event that the school is found to be inadequate infrastructure-wise, steps will be taken to either fix the problems or to create a new building.

13.) A new line of textbooks shall be authorized, to be created by an independent textbook review board, including notable professors such as James W. Loewen, Richard P. Feynman, representatives of the American (Atlasian?) Academy of Arts and Sciences, and others, and sent to school systems to replace previous textbooks.

14.) To graduate high schools, students shall be required to take at least three years of a useful foreign language; such a language is defined here as: English (for non-English speakers), French, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, German, Italian, Malay, Chinese, Dutch, Persian, Romanian, Serbian, or Swahili (not all languages are available at all schools).

Most of this has probably been done before, but here it is. The Emperor said y'all (including myself) needed something to debate over, so amend/debate/argue away!

Pope Callixtus IV
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2012, 07:44:39 pm »
Ignore

Official Southern Calendar Act

In order to reflect an unofficial Atlasian time:

1. The Imperial Dominion of the South shall officially adopt the following calendar.
2. A real-life month shall be known as one Southern year
3. The Southern year shall be divided into a four months, equivaling the real life weeks. The last week shall consiting all days left from "seven days in a week" calculation.
4. The months shall be named, in following order, as Cotton, Magnolia, Yellowhammer and Sugar.
5. The following calendar shall take effect in the first real life month after becoming a law.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:41 pm »
Ignore

Keep Our Coasts Clean Act
An act to keep our environment pristine, help endangered species, focus on alternative sources of energy, allow military training to continue unhindered, and to overall help the economy through the prevention of events that have a negative impact on the tourism industry.

1.) Offshore drilling for oil and gas shall be prohibited in a zone extending 10.5 Admiralty Nautical Miles from the mean low tide mark throughout the IDS.

For when we're finished with the education bill and the dates bill.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2012, 07:19:26 pm »
Ignore

As a concerned citizen, I'd appreciate a legislator proposing something that would repeal the Higher Education STEM Act...

Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2012, 09:19:56 am »
Ignore

As a concerned citizen, I'd appreciate a legislator proposing something that would repeal the Higher Education STEM Act...

Repeal the Higher Education STEM Act:

Get rid of education law enforced by the Higher Education STEM Act in favor of a new system that is more favorable to the development of educational excellence.

Meh, is this good enough?

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2012, 10:02:52 am »
Ignore

Repeal the Higher Education STEM Act:

Get rid of education law enforced by the Higher Education STEM Act in favor of a new system that is more favorable to the development of educational excellence.

Meh, is this good enough?

Yep. Thanks!

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:49 pm »
Ignore

Would anyone be interested in repealing a couple sections of the Return of the Right-to-Work Initiative? Definitely 3, possibly a few others.

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2012, 06:58:52 pm »
Ignore

Would anyone be interested in repealing a couple sections of the Return of the Right-to-Work Initiative? Definitely 3, possibly a few others.
I dunno, I haven't looked at in a while.  PM me a bill outline or at least a more fleshed out idea and I will add something to the que for you.  

In the meantime, here's a little thing.

Amendment to Abolishment of Pointless Offices
1. The law shall be amended to include the following
"The Special Prosecutor shall be named [idk, something suitable to The Culture and not stupid]."

Also...

Amendment to [whatever legislation created Class B Seats]
1. In cases where a Class A legislator is elected to a Class B seat, his votes should be nullified and transfered to their seconds.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:05:52 pm by Yelnoc »Logged

Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2012, 10:22:50 pm »
Ignore

Quote from: IDS Legislator Griffin

Imperial Advertisement and Activity Augmentation Act

In order to foster increased awareness of Atlasian politics and to act as ambassadors to the forum at-large, each sitting Imperial Legislator or equivalent shall be required to adopt one of the following changes to his or her profile no more than 72 hours after inauguration:

• The use of “IDS Legislator” in his or her displayed forum name
  • The use of a banner or image measuring no less than 200 by 100 pixels that advertises Southern Atlasian politics or other game-related events in his or her signature, which links to a relevant topic within the Atlas Fantasy Election Forums

The Obamas and Joe Biden visit the state in a highly publicized campaign event for Landrieu. Barack proudly declares Mary Landrieu to be a vital ally, reminding the audience that Obamacare wouldn't have passed without her vote, and Michelle accidentally calls her "Molly Langrove". Biden makes an offensive gaffe about Cajuns.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2012, 05:03:59 pm »
Ignore

Acts on continuation of the Revolution: Part I

1. The official motto of the Imperial Dominion of The South shall be Carpe Diam.

2. The official flag of the IDS is:

3. The coat of arms of the Imperial House that controls the seat of the Emperor shall be placed in the upper left corner of the official IDS flag, outlined in gold.

Acts on Continuation of the Revolution: Part II

1. Effective immediately the term State when referring to any of the states within the IDS shall be replaced with Kingdom ex. The Kingdom of Mississippi.

2. All chief executives of the Kingdoms within the IDS shall be referred to as Kings.

Acts on Continuation of the Revolution: Part III

1. The militia of each Kingdom (state) shall henceforth be known as the Imperial Guard.
 1a. Every Kingdom's (state) Militia shall receive an eagle standard which shall be made of steel and plated in silver, mounted upon a 5 foot wooden poll with a plaque under each eagle stating: "Deinceps viri meridiem!". (Forward men of the South!)
 1b. The official colors of th Emperial Guard shall be black and gold.

2. The IDS regional police shall henceforth be known as the Imperial Police
 2a. The Imperial Police shall be responsible for enforcing the laws of the IDS at the regional level.
 2b. The Texas Rangers shall be made a branch of the Imperial Police and shall be recognized as the elite members of the Imperial Police.
 2c. The Texas Rangers shall be trained to, when needed, form S.W.A.T. units of up to 15 Rangers to assist where needed.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:14:50 pm by Jbrase »Logged

Lol at those who think Barrow will lose.
Are they trying to fit in as many junk polls before Tuesday as possible?
Glorious news! even Quinnijunk can't get condom hater outside the margin of error, Udall is on track to deliver a good whipping[/q
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2012, 05:19:00 pm »
Ignore

Assuming I'm allowed to propose legislation as a "concerned citizen"...

Quote from: Concerned Citizen SJoyceFla
Protecting Our Citizens From Satan Act of 2012
1. Neither the region nor any of its constituent states shall issue a license plate containing more than two instances of the number "6" ("six").

IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2012, 11:34:27 pm »
Ignore

Assuming I'm allowed to propose legislation as a "concerned citizen"...

Quote from: Concerned Citizen SJoyceFla
Protecting Our Citizens From Satan Act of 2012
1. Neither the region nor any of its constituent states shall issue a license plate containing more than two instances of the number "6" ("six").

You'll need one other citizen to sign on to your proposal, per the IDS Constitution, Article III, Section 1.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2012, 12:42:28 am »
Ignore

I will sign on to the Protecting Our Citizens From Satan Act.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:04 am »
Ignore

I will sign on to the Protecting Our Citizens From Satan Act.

Awesome! Now we'll all be safe from demonic influences via our license plates.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2012, 11:35:28 am »
Ignore

Better to be safe than sorry. Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout