SE House legislation introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:30:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SE House legislation introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Author Topic: SE House legislation introduction Thread  (Read 37128 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »

MD/DE/DC, Jbrase? I'd say they're about as Southern as Missouri at least...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2012, 11:29:47 AM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Quote from: Restricted

I'll need another citizen to sign on. Figure if we're an Empire, we should have Imperial Colonies.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »

I'll need another citizen to sign on. Figure if we're an Empire, we should have Imperial Colonies.
Let's not name a colony after a man who was a member of the KKK.  How about MLK Station?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2012, 05:04:14 PM »

Let's not name a colony after a man who was a member of the KKK.  How about MLK Station?

Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd, Jr., AN, was an aviator and polar explorer, being the first to reach the North Pole and South Pole by air. He has received the Medal of Honor, the Lifesaving Medal, the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross, and the Navy Cross, and is not a member of the KKK, nor is he related (so far as I can tell) to Robert Byrd, and the 2 US Navy vessels and the lunar crater named after him suggest there is no issue. I do not believe MLK ever went to Antarctica.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »

Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd, Jr., AN, was an aviator and polar explorer, being the first to reach the North Pole and South Pole by air. He has received the Medal of Honor, the Lifesaving Medal, the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross, and the Navy Cross, and is not a member of the KKK, nor is he related (so far as I can tell) to Robert Byrd, and the 2 US Navy vessels and the lunar crater named after him suggest there is no issue. I do not believe MLK ever went to Antarctica.
Ah, thought you were referring to Senator Byrd.  I guess that would be fine then.  We'll introduce it under the original form and debate it in the legislature as needed.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2012, 10:14:01 PM »

Ah, thought you were referring to Senator Byrd.  I guess that would be fine then.  We'll introduce it under the original form and debate it in the legislature as needed.
Excellent!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »

Don't know what people will think of this, but it might be good to talk about it:

The Imperial Scribe Act of 2012

1. The position of Imperial Scribe will be conferred upon a sitting member of the Imperial Legislature, as chosen by plurality vote in said legislature.
2. Voting for the Imperial Scribe will take place at the beginning of each new legislative session.
3. The Imperial Scribe will be responsible for posting all new laws on a main page that branches off of the Imperial Dominion of the South’s wiki. The Scribe will update this page immediately following the passage of new legislation in the Imperial Legislature.
4. In the event that the Imperial Scribe is temporarily unable to fulfill his or her duties, the responsibilities of the Scribe will provisionally fall to the Imperial Speaker.
5. In the event that the Imperial Scribe permanently resigns the Scribeship or resigns from Legislature, the responsibilities of the Scribe will temporarily fall to the Imperial Speaker until such time as a by-election can be held in the Legislature to choose a new permanent Scribe.
6. Legislators can fire ineffectual Scribes with a two-thirds majority vote. Under such circumstances, the Speaker will execute the duties of the Scribe until a by-election can be held.
7. The existence of the position of Imperial Scribe does not preclude other Atlasians from updating the wiki.
8. Any pre-existing legislation that allocates wiki-related powers to certain individuals is hereby struck down.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »

I'll sign onto it to keep things moving

X Jbrase
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2012, 11:35:16 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2012, 04:08:48 PM by Speaker Jbrase »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »

Basically, I'm updating it to the 5-legislator norm, and creating districts for our legislators (which in theory will make the population overall distributed more evenly geographically).
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2012, 11:56:40 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2012, 12:16:17 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2012, 06:23:49 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2012, 09:02:38 PM »

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »

SJoyce said he'd sponsor the education bill, soI'll take these two.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2012, 07:22:37 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2012, 06:41:17 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

For the first, we could see if the Feds will turn over control of Big Cypress Preserve, Everglades NP, Biscayne NP, Dry Tortugas NP, as well as Ten Thousand Islands, Key West, Florida Panther, Key Deer, Great White Heron, and Crocodile Lake National Wildlife Refuges, in order to fully protect the crucial Everglades ecosystem under one banner. For Stewart, it'd include combining our new land with Cross Creeks NWR, Ft. Donelson Nat'l Battlefield, and the Land Between the Lakes. Franklin would have an emphasis on protection of the Apalachicola estuary, and could work with St. Vincent/St. Marks NWRs and Apalachicola Nat'l Forest. For the Rio Grande, it would of course target incorporation with Big Bend Nat'l Park, as well as the Rio Grande and Amistad Nat'l Rec Area. For Big Thicket, it'd include Big Thicket (obviously), Trinity River NWR, Texas Point/McFaddin NWR, and Sam Houston/Angelina/Sabine Nat'l Forests. Congaree is to Congaree, of course, and Carolina Coastal goes with Waccamaw NWR, Pinckney Island, Cape Romain and ACE Basin NWR, as well as Francis Marion Nat'l Forest, plus Charles Pinckney NHS and Forts Moultrie and Sumter. Poverty Point goes with Poverty Point.

I'd like to do a bill on infrastructure as well, once these are through; the Antarctica bill is on hold pending Senatorial action, and I'm still considering one repealing right-to-work.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »

Getting packed in here!

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »

Imperial Empiricism Act
1. The Imperial Dominion of the South hereby claims the Territory of Byrd, defined as the area between the meridian 90° west of Greenwich and the meridian 150° west of Greenwich that lies south of the 60th parallel south excluding Peter I Island, as a territory within the Empire.
2. The capital of this new state shall be Dufek Station.
3. The Imperial Dominion of the South requests the transfer of Navassa Island, Bajo Nuevo Bank, and Serranilla Bank to their jurisdiction, instead of that of the federal government alone.
4. A K-8th school (with teachers and a library), a gymnasium (with indoor facilities for basketball, volleyball, tennis, foosball, exercise machines, ping pong, a sauna, and dressing rooms), a civilian airstrip, a radio mast (which shall broadcast music and information as well as occasional cultural/entertainment programs), televisions with satellite dishes, a mobile phone antenna, a post office (with a postman, postal plane, and postal helicopter), satellite telephones, computers with internet access, a bank office, a chapel, 14 homes, research facilities, tourist facilities (a hostel, a souvenir shop), 4 fuel-based generators, a base of the Imperial Guard including an airport (meaning it has a hangar and a control tower), a hospital (with 1 doctor & 1 nurse and x-ray, laboratory, surgery, anesthesia, sterilizing, and pharmacy services, with 2 beds and the ability to send images back to the IDS for diagnosis), and a wind turbine field shall be created at Dufek Station.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2012, 01:29:23 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2012, 01:33:05 PM by ΗΔΣ Νομοθέτης Γκρiφιν »

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2012, 08:30:34 PM by Ben Kenobi »

"Clean Power Act"

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »

"Congressional Elections Act"

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2012, 08:40:42 PM »

Annexation of the states of Coahila and Tamaulipas - the War vs the Drug Cartels"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies