SE House legislation introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SE House legislation introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: SE House legislation introduction Thread  (Read 37129 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2016, 11:03:28 PM »

This shall be introduced later but...

The People's Government Bill

1. Citizens will be allowed to introduce bills in the SE legislature, even if they are from other areas, essentially allowing anyone who wants to introduce a bill can introduce one.
2. The Maximum amount of bills being debated or voted on shall be increased to 4.
3. Tax rates, current states of the economy, etc shall be released every five months.
4. Southern Government spending shall be publicly view-able.
So, under Section 2, a citizen of another Region (say, the Mideast) would be able to introduce legislation in the Southern Legislature? If so, I support this amendment! Wink
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2016, 11:27:51 AM »

1. Citizens will be allowed to introduce bills in the SE legislature, even if they are from other areas, essentially allowing anyone who wants to introduce a bill can introduce one.
2. The Maximum amount of bills being debated or voted on shall be increased to 4.
3. Tax rates, current states of the economy, etc shall be released every five months.

Sounds more like a constitutional amendment.

Although, on #4, we should do our budget. We normally try to do that each year anyway, so #s 3 and 4 are redundant.

Maybe, and oh alright, I'll remove them when it's introduced!

So, under Section 2, a citizen of another Region (say, the Mideast) would be able to introduce legislation in the Southern Legislature? If so, I support this amendment! Wink

Yep Cheesy
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »

Although, on #4, we should do our budget. We normally try to do that each year anyway, so #s 3 and 4 are redundant.

Yep Cheesy
Sounds great Haslam! Quick question, would those not sitting in the legislature be able to amend bills or propose amended bills also?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2016, 12:07:53 PM »

Yep Cheesy
Sounds great Haslam! Quick question, would those not sitting in the legislature be able to amend bills or propose amended bills also?

Thanks Cheesy and of course, this is a people's government after all!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2016, 06:32:10 PM »

By the way, I will oppose this measure. Why on earth would you give most of the same powers to non-legislators as you would to legislators? The legislative elections are supposed to have meaning--it's not a ceremonial title.

Also, non-citizens? I think that's crazy. In real life, I, as a citizen of Georgia, should not be able to go into Tennessee and vote on their referendums and elections and whatnot--much less propose legislation for their state legislature. (I get that it's a different idea, but hopefully you all understand my point.)

Not that this is a place for debate--just giving my two cents considering that other's gave theirs.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2016, 07:27:41 PM »

By the way, I will oppose this measure. Why on earth would you give most of the same powers to non-legislators as you would to legislators? The legislative elections are supposed to have meaning--it's not a ceremonial title.

Also, non-citizens? I think that's crazy. In real life, I, as a citizen of Georgia, should not be able to go into Tennessee and vote on their referendums and elections and whatnot--much less propose legislation for their state legislature. (I get that it's a different idea, but hopefully you all understand my point.)

Not that this is a place for debate--just giving my two cents considering that other's gave theirs.
He didn't include voting, he just included amending and drafting bills both of which I agree with. I support a more globalized style of legislating where everyone is allowed to give their two cents.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #306 on: February 14, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »

Mr. Governor, this is a thing where non-legislators, from the South, etc can introduce bills they see fit, I mean think about it this is a people's government after all! So why can't we take a few ideas from our neighbors and get to know the people's concerns?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2016, 04:10:18 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2016, 06:36:24 PM by Assemblyman Steelers »

Gulf of Mexico Restoration and Protection Act

1. The Gulf of Mexico is a valuable resource of national and international importance, continuously serving the people of the Atlasia and other countries as an important source of food, economic productivity, recreation, beauty, and enjoyment;

2. over many years, the resource productivity and water quality of the Gulf of Mexico and its watershed have been diminished by point and nonpoint source pollution;

3.  the Atlasia should seek to attain the protection and restoration of the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem as a collaborative regional goal of the Gulf of Mexico Program;

The purposes of this Act are

1.  to expand and strengthen cooperative voluntary efforts to restore and protect the Gulf of Mexico;

2.  to expand Federal support for monitoring, management, and restoration activities in the Gulf of Mexico and its watershed;

3.  to commit the Atlasia to a comprehensive cooperative program to achieve improved water quality in, and improvements in the productivity of living resources of, the Gulf of Mexico; and

4. to establish a Gulf of Mexico Program to serve as a national and international model for the collaborative management of large marine ecosystems.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2016, 09:54:26 PM »

Gulf of Mexico Restoration and Protection Act

1. The Gulf of Mexico is a valuable resource of national and international importance, continuously serving the people of the Atlasia and other countries as an important source of food, economic productivity, recreation, beauty, and enjoyment;

2. over many years, the resource productivity and water quality of the Gulf of Mexico and its watershed have been diminished by point and nonpoint source pollution;

3.  the Atlasia should seek to attain the protection and restoration of the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem as a collaborative regional goal of the Gulf of Mexico Program; and

The purposes of this Act are

1.  to expand and strengthen cooperative voluntary efforts to restore and protect the Gulf of Mexico;

2.  to expand Federal support for monitoring, management, and restoration activities in the Gulf of Mexico and its watershed;

3.  to commit the Atlasia to a comprehensive cooperative program to achieve improved water quality in, and improvements in the productivity of living resources of, the Gulf of Mexico; and

4. to establish a Gulf of Mexico Program to serve as a national and international model for the collaborative management of large marine ecosystems.

will introduce it soon Steelers, but we needa get through this voting
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2016, 04:00:47 PM »

The Lamar Alexander Road Reparation Bill:

1. 35,000,000 dollars from the budget shall be reserved to repair the so called "danger roads" in the South.
2. This shall be listed on the sejobs.gov website, causing mass employment.

Definitions:

danger roads: Roads that are 10+ years old that are now deemed historically unsafe.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #310 on: March 10, 2016, 09:58:05 AM »

II. Any non-southern citizen may introduce a bill, so long as their region has an equivalent right for Southern citizens. This shall be held after at least two other regions have passed an equivalent, as determined by the presiding officer of the legislature.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #311 on: March 10, 2016, 10:20:34 PM »

will be introduced soon!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: March 10, 2016, 11:29:14 PM »

Haslam can introduce that and we can debate on it, but you didn't make the corrections I suggested.

It gives no indication to where it is (it's Article III) and sections are given numbers, not Roman numerals (articles are given Roman numerals).
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2016, 04:34:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #314 on: April 09, 2016, 01:13:35 AM »
« Edited: April 09, 2016, 01:22:30 AM by Governor Leinad »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Passing the new Constitution will be one of the most important events in Atlasian history. I think the people of the South should have a say in voting on it. (And no, this will not block the ConCon from passage. If it was going to, I wouldn't be trying to pass this, now would I?)
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2016, 08:24:01 PM »

The Re-vitalization Act of 2016

1. 7 new windmills shall be built in each of the 11 states of the South.

2. The Project shall be uploaded to sejobs.gov.

3. The Government shall construct a railroad crossing all of Arkansas and Louisiana, it shall also be listed on sejobs.gov.

4. The South shall spend 2 million dollars promoting tourism and travel to the region.

5. The construction of 44 new electrical car charging stations shall be evenly distributed between the states.

6. This act shall in total cost around $25,000,000.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »

The College Transparency Act of 2016:

1. With this act, all public colleges must release the average jobs acquired with their degrees.

2. All public colleges shall compare the average and most popular jobs' wages to how much the tuition costs.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies