Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 02:06:25 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Presidential Election Trends (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King)
| | |-+  Will Hillary Clinton Ever Run for President Again?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: .
Yes   -27 (37.5%)
No   -45 (62.5%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Will Hillary Clinton Ever Run for President Again?  (Read 6742 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2010, 11:03:30 pm »
Ignore

If so, in what election(s)?

I'd say No.

Dallasfan65
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: -9.91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 11:29:41 pm »
Ignore

No, the woman is old news.

Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:21:37 pm »
Ignore

To early to tell. If Obama is wildly popular in 2016, and his administration is a success, Hillary may find it very hard to resist the temptation. Her position as Secretary of State has depolarized her to many, and now she is one of the most popular people in the administration. I'm not sure whether she will or not, and she would be younger then Reagan, McCain, and Dole.

Bull Moose Base
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:50:52 pm »
Ignore

I think she'll step down at the end of 2012, write a book for 5 million dollars, campaign for Democrats in 2014 and use that election as a gauge of political winds.  If they portend well for Democrats, I'd say it's better than 50-50 she runs.

I expect other women like Klobuchar, Napolitano maybe Gillibrand to run.  Maybe a strong progressive like Feingold or Grayson.  Andrew Cuomo maybe.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:09:52 am by Joementum »Logged
Cassius Dio
Mel
Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 03:26:19 pm »
Ignore

Obama will most likely (with a smaller margin) win re-election in 2012, and Clinton will be to old in 2016. So no she will never run for the presidency again.
President Mitt
Giovanni
YaBB God
Samoa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 05:23:07 pm »
Ignore

No, thankfully her time is done.

[This space is available for purchase]
Orser67
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -5.39

P P
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 04:36:23 am »
Ignore

She's only 62, and will be about 70 in 2016.  If McCain, Reagan, and Dole can win a primary at that age, so can she.
Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 02:53:12 pm »
Ignore

She's only 62, and will be about 70 in 2016.  If McCain, Reagan, and Dole can win a primary at that age, so can she.

McCain and Dole lost the general elections in landslides and the same would have occured to Reagan had Carter not been a miserable failure and massive screwup.

Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 08:21:34 pm »
Ignore

Out of all of those, Reagan was the only one who won a general election, though, and that was due to Carter being a horrendous screwup.

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 08:57:38 pm »

McCain and Dole lost the general elections in landslides and the same would have occured to Reagan had Carter not been a miserable failure and massive screwup.

So?  The question was whether she'd run again, not whether she'd win.  Back in 2002, lots of people thought McCain would never run again, as he'd be too old in 2008, but he did, at age 72.  Clinton will be "only" 69 in 2016, and women live longer and have fewer health problems at that age.  No reason why she couldn't run again.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 09:24:34 pm »
Ignore

YES! Be prepared. Don't talk to her, don't look at her. She will be running in the 2012 primaries. If you think I'm kidding just wait until she's president and it happens. We must stop her campaign now! Hurry before it's too late!

I'm Derek and I approve this message.
Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:30:12 pm »
Ignore

YES! Be prepared. Don't talk to her, don't look at her. She will be running in the 2012 primaries. If you think I'm kidding just wait until she's president and it happens. We must stop her campaign now! Hurry before it's too late!

If she's going to be President, it certainly won't be in 2012.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 09:50:48 pm »
Ignore

I love how much trust the democrats put into her. If she can get the presidency by back stabbing Obama she will.

Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 10:12:01 pm »
Ignore

I love how much trust the democrats put into her. If she can get the presidency by back stabbing Obama she will.

Yeah, but she can't get the Presidency that way.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 11:59:24 pm »
Ignore

Remember how slick her husband was? She's the same way. They will do whatever it takes. So yes causing a scandal for Obama would help her.

Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 04:08:08 am »
Ignore

No.  Her time has come and gone.
Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 12:28:08 pm »
Ignore

Remember how slick her husband was? She's the same way. They will do whatever it takes. So yes causing a scandal for Obama would help her.

Unless it is found out that she (and Bill) caused the scandal, in which case it will hurt her a lot.

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:42 pm »
Ignore

She will most likely quit her job at State in late 2010/early 2011, then write a book or something, like all "retired" pols do.

After getting filthy rich(er), she will campaign for Dems in 2012 and '14, and maybe run for Governor or New York. I still think is a possibility because the Clintons and the Cuomos exhibit absolute hatred for eachother.

In 2016, she will be 69 (Reagan's age), but will still be younger than McCain (72), and Bob Dole (73). She may very well run that year, especially if the Liberal Messiah proves to be an effective and popular puppet Soros puppet (lol).

Short answer? Yes, because the Clintons' political ambition is like a cockroach, in that it cannot be killed.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:54 pm »
Ignore

She will most likely quit her job at State in late 2010/early 2011, then write a book or something, like all "retired" pols do.

After getting filthy rich(er), she will campaign for Dems in 2012 and '14, and maybe run for Governor or New York. I still think is a possibility because the Clintons and the Cuomos exhibit absolute hatred for eachother.

In 2016, she will be 69 (Reagan's age), but will still be younger than McCain (72), and Bob Dole (73). She may very well run that year, especially if the Liberal Messiah proves to be an effective and popular puppet Soros puppet (lol).

Short answer? Yes, because the Clintons' political ambition is like a cockroach, in that it cannot be killed.

I'm telling you she won't stop ever. Never under estimate how dangerous she is.

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 04:22:19 pm »
Ignore

I'm not underestimating how dangerous she is. I have nightmares about Hillary being President of the United States!

Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 04:29:46 pm »
Ignore

I'm not underestimating how dangerous she is. I have nightmares about Hillary being President of the United States!

lol. Hillary isn't a scary thought.

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 04:52:12 pm »
Ignore

She is to me.

Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 05:07:45 pm »
Ignore

She is to me.

Why? And is Obama a scary thought to you too?

feeblepizza
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 08:09:36 pm »
Ignore

She is to me.

Because she's just a run of the mill, crazy leftists. And yes, Obama is a scary thought to me as well.

Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 11:43:24 pm »
Ignore

She is to me.

Because she's just a run of the mill, crazy leftists. And yes, Obama is a scary thought to me as well.

What's wrong with being left-wing?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout