Will Hillary Clinton Ever Run for President Again?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:32:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Will Hillary Clinton Ever Run for President Again?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Will Hillary Clinton Ever Run for President Again?  (Read 15263 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »

If so, in what election(s)?

I'd say No.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »

No, the woman is old news.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:21:37 PM »

To early to tell. If Obama is wildly popular in 2016, and his administration is a success, Hillary may find it very hard to resist the temptation. Her position as Secretary of State has depolarized her to many, and now she is one of the most popular people in the administration. I'm not sure whether she will or not, and she would be younger then Reagan, McCain, and Dole.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:50:52 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2010, 11:09:52 AM by Joementum »

I think she'll step down at the end of 2012, write a book for 5 million dollars, campaign for Democrats in 2014 and use that election as a gauge of political winds.  If they portend well for Democrats, I'd say it's better than 50-50 she runs.

I expect other women like Klobuchar, Napolitano maybe Gillibrand to run.  Maybe a strong progressive like Feingold or Grayson.  Andrew Cuomo maybe.
Cassius Dio
Mel
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 03:26:19 PM »

Obama will most likely (with a smaller margin) win re-election in 2012, and Clinton will be to old in 2016. So no she will never run for the presidency again.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 05:23:07 PM »

No, thankfully her time is done.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 04:36:23 AM »

She's only 62, and will be about 70 in 2016.  If McCain, Reagan, and Dole can win a primary at that age, so can she.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »

She's only 62, and will be about 70 in 2016.  If McCain, Reagan, and Dole can win a primary at that age, so can she.

McCain and Dole lost the general elections in landslides and the same would have occured to Reagan had Carter not been a miserable failure and massive screwup.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »

Out of all of those, Reagan was the only one who won a general election, though, and that was due to Carter being a horrendous screwup.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »

McCain and Dole lost the general elections in landslides and the same would have occured to Reagan had Carter not been a miserable failure and massive screwup.

So?  The question was whether she'd run again, not whether she'd win.  Back in 2002, lots of people thought McCain would never run again, as he'd be too old in 2008, but he did, at age 72.  Clinton will be "only" 69 in 2016, and women live longer and have fewer health problems at that age.  No reason why she couldn't run again.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »

YES! Be prepared. Don't talk to her, don't look at her. She will be running in the 2012 primaries. If you think I'm kidding just wait until she's president and it happens. We must stop her campaign now! Hurry before it's too late!
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »

YES! Be prepared. Don't talk to her, don't look at her. She will be running in the 2012 primaries. If you think I'm kidding just wait until she's president and it happens. We must stop her campaign now! Hurry before it's too late!

If she's going to be President, it certainly won't be in 2012.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 09:50:48 PM »

I love how much trust the democrats put into her. If she can get the presidency by back stabbing Obama she will.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »

I love how much trust the democrats put into her. If she can get the presidency by back stabbing Obama she will.

Yeah, but she can't get the Presidency that way.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »

Remember how slick her husband was? She's the same way. They will do whatever it takes. So yes causing a scandal for Obama would help her.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 04:08:08 AM »

No.  Her time has come and gone.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 12:28:08 PM »

Remember how slick her husband was? She's the same way. They will do whatever it takes. So yes causing a scandal for Obama would help her.

Unless it is found out that she (and Bill) caused the scandal, in which case it will hurt her a lot.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »

She will most likely quit her job at State in late 2010/early 2011, then write a book or something, like all "retired" pols do.

After getting filthy rich(er), she will campaign for Dems in 2012 and '14, and maybe run for Governor or New York. I still think is a possibility because the Clintons and the Cuomos exhibit absolute hatred for eachother.

In 2016, she will be 69 (Reagan's age), but will still be younger than McCain (72), and Bob Dole (73). She may very well run that year, especially if the Liberal Messiah proves to be an effective and popular puppet Soros puppet (lol).

Short answer? Yes, because the Clintons' political ambition is like a cockroach, in that it cannot be killed.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:54 PM »

She will most likely quit her job at State in late 2010/early 2011, then write a book or something, like all "retired" pols do.

After getting filthy rich(er), she will campaign for Dems in 2012 and '14, and maybe run for Governor or New York. I still think is a possibility because the Clintons and the Cuomos exhibit absolute hatred for eachother.

In 2016, she will be 69 (Reagan's age), but will still be younger than McCain (72), and Bob Dole (73). She may very well run that year, especially if the Liberal Messiah proves to be an effective and popular puppet Soros puppet (lol).

Short answer? Yes, because the Clintons' political ambition is like a cockroach, in that it cannot be killed.

I'm telling you she won't stop ever. Never under estimate how dangerous she is.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »

I'm not underestimating how dangerous she is. I have nightmares about Hillary being President of the United States!
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »

I'm not underestimating how dangerous she is. I have nightmares about Hillary being President of the United States!

lol. Hillary isn't a scary thought.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »

She is to me.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 05:07:45 PM »

She is to me.

Why? And is Obama a scary thought to you too?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »

She is to me.

Because she's just a run of the mill, crazy leftists. And yes, Obama is a scary thought to me as well.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 11:43:24 PM »

She is to me.

Because she's just a run of the mill, crazy leftists. And yes, Obama is a scary thought to me as well.

What's wrong with being left-wing?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies