Actual campaign e-mail from U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Orlando
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:23:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Actual campaign e-mail from U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Orlando
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actual campaign e-mail from U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Orlando  (Read 1422 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »

I guess he's trying to outdo the Boxer Blimp (see Congressional Board about Fiorina's latest antics)

This has become quite the circus now.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2010/03/ever-outlandish-alan-grayson-tops-himself-with-palin-rant.html#more

Subject: Palin Attacks Grayson; Grayson Applies Calamine Lotion to the Resulting Reddish Skin

[quote]
On Friday night, Sarah Palin came to Orlando, and attacked Rep. Alan Grayson. This is what she said:

"I got to meet quite a few candidates who are lining up in a contested primary who want to take out Alan Grayson. And I think Alan Grayson -- what can you say about Alan Grayson? Piper is with me tonight, so I won't say anything about Alan Grayson that can't be said around children. [Good one, Sarah!] But thank you, Florida, for allowing candidates in a contested primary to duke it out over ideas and principles and values, all with the same goal, and that is unseating those who have such a disconnect from the people of America. That's what the goal is here in this race against Alan Grayson. Please fight hard, and do this for the rest of the country. Fight hard, and send a conservative to Washington, DC."

Palin, the former half-term Governor, current-nothing and future-even-less, charmed the all-Republican audience with her folksy folksiness and her homespun homespunnery. Atypically, Palin was wearing clothes that she had paid for herself. At the end of the event, she shared her recipe for mooseface pie.
In response to Palin's attack on Rep Grayson, Grayson actually complimented Palin. Grayson praised Palin for having a hand large enough to fit Grayson's entire name on it. He thanked Palin for alleviating the growing shortage of platitudes in Central Florida.

Grayson added that Palin deserved credit for getting through the entire hour-long program without quitting. Grayson also said that Palin really had mastered Palin's imitation of Tina Fey imitating Palin. Grayson observed that Palin is the most-intelligent leader that the Republican Party has produced since George W. Bush.

When asked to comment about what effect Palin's criticism might have, Grayson pointed out, "As the Knave's horse says in Alice in Wonderland, 'dogs will believe anything.'" Earlier, as the Orlando Sentinel reported, Grayson said, "I'm sure Palin knows all about politics in Central Florida, since from her porch she can see Winter Park," which is part of Grayson's district.

Grayson said that the Alaskan chillbilly was welcome to return to Central Florida anytime, as long as she brings lots of money with her, and spends it. "I look forward to an honest debate with Governor Palin on the issues, in the unlikely event that she ever learns anything about them," Grayson added, alluding to Politifact's "liar, liar, pants on fire" evaluation of much of what Palin has said.

Scientists are studying Sarah Palin's travel between Alaska and Florida carefully. They hope to learn more about the flight patterns of that elusive migratory species, the wild Alaskan dingbat.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »

I'm sorry.. .but lol.  Poor, sweet, innocent, irritating, incompetent, curiously unintelligent, quitter, and talking point regurgitator general, Sarah Palin deserves every insult in that letter.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »

This is of course taking it way, way too far from Grayson's side... but damnit I can't stop laughing. I'm too tired, I really need to go to bed before I go completely loony.

Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »

That was pretty funny.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 08:27:17 PM »

I'm sure there will roomfuls of Republicans with their surprised gasps, faux outrage, and a new call to defeat b HUSSEIN because he's a democrat like Grayson
DariusNJ

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 08:28:09 PM »

LOL!
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »

I'm sorry.. .but lol.  Poor, sweet, innocent, irritating, incompetent, curiously unintelligent, quitter, and talking point regurgitator general, Sarah Palin deserves every insult in that letter.

What has Sarah Palin ever done to deserve this hate?  This, I think, is the fundamental disconnect between liberals and America at large ... I don't think most of America hates Sarah Palin.  Rather, they dismiss her.  Liberals assume they hate her because they hate her.  Note that those who dismiss her can be persuaded to vote for her.

Whatever the cause of this hatred, she deserves a medal.  Someone who has raised the ire of liberals more than even George W. Bush!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »

What has Sarah Palin ever done to deserve this hate?  This, I think, is the fundamental disconnect between liberals and America at large ... I don't think most of America hates Sarah Palin.  Rather, they dismiss her.  Liberals assume they hate her because they hate her.  Note that those who dismiss her can be persuaded to vote for her.

Whatever the cause of this hatred, she deserves a medal.  Someone who has raised the ire of liberals more than even George W. Bush!

The Republicans should nominate Palin in 2012. Then we can see how much America loves Palin.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »

Haha nice
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 12:04:38 AM »

I probably dislike Sarah Palin as much as many Democrats here, but I honestly didn't think it was that funny.  It's the same jokes that we've been hearing for almost 2 years.  Did you guys really think it was the thigh-slapper you're making it out to be?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 04:47:39 AM »

I would have left out the "dogs" part if I'd been Grayson, since that's insulting to part of his own votebase (namely the "liable to wild swings" part) but otherwise, this is broadly what I would have wanted to come up with in the same situation.
Which means it's probably not the best politics. Sad Wink But certainly Arch FF.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 05:25:43 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2010, 05:27:18 AM by Alcon »

Every once in a while there's a well-dressed drunk(?) guy at the sandwich shop I hang out at.  He invariably starts loudly engaging random people about politics.  His favorite topics are how Richard Nixon was a "pig-f**king sumbitch" for what he did to the Cambodians, and Sarah Palin.

I never realized it until tonight, but not only does the guy look almost exactly like Alan Grayson, he pretty much serves the same function in the sandwich shop as Grayson does in congress.  Which is alternatively inappropriate/amusing or just annoying.  In any case, Grayson probably holds his liquor better.  Unfortunately.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 05:31:05 AM »

His favorite topics are how Richard Nixon was a "pig-f**king sumbitch" for what he did to the Cambodians
I don't know if you've ever met any actual pigs, but they find this insinuations about sexual relations with Evil Dick Nixon very, very insulting.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 05:32:30 AM »

She says she wants to send a conservative(someone she believes shares her philosophy) to Washington and by extension put a member of the opposing party out of a job, so she deserves a string of nasty personal attacks? On FOX I think an anchor said "damn" or "hell" during an interview with Grayson, and he acted really offended and asked the anchor not to swear at him. Then he popped up on other networks talking about how a FOX anchor verbally abused him. The guy has really thin skin and a temper problem.

Saying Palin is a moron on an internet forum is one thing, but for a congressman to say stuff like that isn't really appropriate.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 10:33:15 AM »

She says she wants to send a conservative(someone she believes shares her philosophy) to Washington and by extension put a member of the opposing party out of a job, so she deserves a string of nasty personal attacks? On FOX I think an anchor said "damn" or "hell" during an interview with Grayson, and he acted really offended and asked the anchor not to swear at him. Then he popped up on other networks talking about how a FOX anchor verbally abused him. The guy has really thin skin and a temper problem.

Saying Palin is a moron on an internet forum is one thing, but for a congressman to say stuff like that isn't really appropriate.

He's a joke.  It's people like him that make me hate politics sometimes.  Hopefully, voters will grow tired of Grayson, Bachmann, and the like.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »

Awesome.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »

Isn't it a little immature?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 06:47:25 PM »

"Chillbilly"? That's awesome.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »

Okay, I will admit that was pretty amazing.

But this is still more immature than even Palin's Facebook attacks on elected officials
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »

Okay, I will admit that was pretty amazing.

But this is still more immature than even Palin's Facebook attacks on elected officials
I wish I could put you on ignore you worthless crapface.

But look at it this way:  I know a 12 year old girl whose mother makes her wear a diaper to bed because she's afraid she'll wet the bed.

Is that whacked out nuts, lazy, or crazy practical?
Mos Definite
President Gary Busey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 11:02:27 PM »

This is more proof that politicians are incapable of being intentionally funny.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 08:52:54 PM »

Yes, but it's still awesome.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »

It would have been a lot funnier if it had came from a comedian, not a lawmaker that was elected to best represent his district in Washington. Being able to tell funny jokes is not very beneficial to his congressional district. There are about a thousand other ways he could be better serving his constituents.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 09:11:39 PM »

It would have been a lot funnier if it had came from a comedian, not a lawmaker that was elected to best represent his district in Washington. Being able to tell funny jokes is not very beneficial to his congressional district. There are about a thousand other ways he could be better serving his constituents.

Sucks not being able to use a similar line of attack on Al Franken, huh?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 11:00:34 AM »

Why?  Statesmanship aside, I thought it was really lame.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies