Colorado Caucus Predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:18:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado Caucus Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Colorado Caucus Predictions  (Read 2386 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 08:19:20 AM »

I'm glad Romanoff won, since that might improve his prospects in the primary. Why do many Teabaggers hate Norton so much? She is trying to be as conservative as possible. Isn't that what they want? I mean, she called Social Security a Ponzi scheme. That's 1930s conservatism for you.

Norton's record shows other wise and she is a Washington puppet, hence why tea partiers hate her

What record?

This is a growing problem, I think is that the mere touch of the establishment is death. The establishment did produce some fine candidates this cycle like Portman and others. If the establishment supports a rino, then I can see the point, however, if the establishment backs a conservative I see no good reason for divisions in the party to grow over this.

She isn't a conservative. She supported Ref C which stopped CO from giving tax payer money back to the tax payers. During her term as Lt. Gov government siz/budget increased. She has never been elected, only appoin ted to eveything in life so saying she's electable is bull. Her answers are memorized, and so vague it's unbelievable. She is the puppet of many lobbyists (runs well in her family) Governor Owens (who only cares about getting up in the oil ladder in Russia) Dick Wadhams (so he can keep his job) McCain and the NRSC (so they have a rubber stamp vote). She says she's conservative, but has no record to show that while the other candidates do

At least Ref C was fiscally conservative.

Unlike the tea partiers, who couldn't recognize good policy if it slapped them in the face.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 06:03:20 PM »

Wow, Norton lost Sad
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 09:07:51 AM »

Similar to the Democratic Caucus results, this shouldn't be a surprise given the format gives a huge advantage to the activist wing, which tends to be the more extreme members of each party. Under those circumstances it shouldn't be surprising given Norton's position as the establishment supported and--I'll say "less conservative" rather than "moderate"--candidate that she would come up short here. The fact she (and to a lesser extent, Bennett) made it so close is more a sign of organizational strength, though she's obviously far from having the nomination wrapped up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies