Would John McCain Have Took The U.S. Into Iraq if He Won in 2000?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:38:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Would John McCain Have Took The U.S. Into Iraq if He Won in 2000?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Would John McCain Have Took The U.S. Into Iraq if He Won in 2000?  (Read 8351 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 11:17:40 AM »

He wouldn't have had to. Saddam would've cooperated with him the same as he would have with Reagan.

I agree about McCain not invading Iraq, but keep in mind that Saddam also cooperated with Bush Jr. (by allowing the U.N. inspectors to return to Iraq), yet Bush Jr. proceeded to invade Iraq anyway.

That's due to what he thought was harboring terrorists and killing the innocent. I don't think it was really ever about the WMD. Sometimes scare tactics are the only way to get liberals to support something though.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 07:12:49 PM »

He wouldn't have had to. Saddam would've cooperated with him the same as he would have with Reagan.

I agree about McCain not invading Iraq, but keep in mind that Saddam also cooperated with Bush Jr. (by allowing the U.N. inspectors to return to Iraq), yet Bush Jr. proceeded to invade Iraq anyway.

That's due to what he thought was harboring terrorists and killing the innocent. I don't think it was really ever about the WMD. Sometimes scare tactics are the only way to get liberals to support something though.

Saddam hated al-Qaeda. As for killing the innocent, why didn't we invade North Korea or Sudan if that was the case? Since the official reason for invading Iraq was the WMDs, and since Saddam allowed the inspectors back into Iraq before the invasion, but Jr. screwed up majorly by invading Iraq. It's a shame that many Democrats and Republicans were a bunch of pussies and decided to support Bush in his reckless foreign adventure. We could ahve used that money to reduce the deficit and pay down the national debt, which is what you Republicans are always saying we should do with extra money. Or we could have used that money to provide healthcare toe veryone in the U.S. for a decade.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 12:52:50 AM »

And as far as we know Saddam ws playing hide and seek with the inspectors by moving the weapons around. We have found WMD but it hasn't been reported on the news other than a few seconds of clips here and there. It's not like the liberal media wants voters to think Iraq was justified.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 12:55:38 AM »

And as far as we know Saddam ws playing hide and seek with the inspectors by moving the weapons around. We have found WMD but it hasn't been reported on the news other than a few seconds of clips here and there. It's not like the liberal media wants voters to think Iraq was justified.

There were no WMDs in Iraq. I never saw a news story proving there were WMDs in Iraq after the invasion. And the media is not liberal--it was biased in favor of Reagan twice, Bush Sr. in 1988, and Bush Jr. twice.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 12:56:19 AM »

Of course. McCain loved wreaking war and death and havoc on the world under the Clinton regime, why wouldn't he continue if he became "commander-in-chief" himself?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 12:58:16 AM »

Of course. McCain loved wreaking war and death and havoc on the world under the Clinton regime, why wouldn't he continue if he became "commander-in-chief" himself?

Clinton never invaded any country.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 12:59:47 AM »

Yes, Clinton launched a war of aggression in the Balkans.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 01:04:28 AM »

Yes, Clinton launched a war of aggression in the Balkans.

No. Clinton stopped the wars in Bosnia and Kosovo.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 01:14:16 AM »

There were no WMDs in Iraq. I never saw a news story proving there were WMDs in Iraq after the invasion. And the media is not liberal--it was biased in favor of Reagan twice, Bush Sr. in 1988, and Bush Jr. twice.

92% of the press voted for Kerry and only 6% for Bush. Look it up. There is absolutely no way anyone can rationally believe the press to be anything but liberal. Fox News does better than the liberal media as far as ratings because they are more in touch with ordinary Americans and therefore more Americans want to watch.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 01:15:34 AM »

Regardless, I think McCain would've been better qualified to handle Iraq if need be.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 11:12:18 PM »

92% of the press voted for Kerry and only 6% for Bush. Look it up. There is absolutely no way anyone can rationally believe the press to be anything but liberal. Fox News does better than the liberal media as far as ratings because they are more in touch with ordinary Americans and therefore more Americans want to watch.

This has to be a joke.  We all have to remember that the political "commentary" (more like entertainment) shows that hundreds of people watch it to get nothing more than a laugh.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 11:15:26 PM »

This has to be a joke.  We all have to remember that the political "commentary" (more like entertainment) shows that hundreds of people watch it to get nothing more than a laugh.

not true
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »

not true

No, Archangel Zero is correct. Fox News is extremely biased. And I looked up your claim about 92% of the media voting for Kerry. I found absolutely nothing. In fact, the media consistenly critcized Gore and Kerry while giving Bush a free pass.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 04:06:40 PM »

Regardless, I think McCain would've been better qualified to handle Iraq if need be.

Of course. So would Gore have been better qualified. Neither of them would ahve launched a pointless war there like Bush did.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 04:07:34 PM »

Probably although not definitely.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »

Reasons for your assumption?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2010, 10:27:15 PM »

not true

No, Archangel Zero is correct. Fox News is extremely biased. And I looked up your claim about 92% of the media voting for Kerry. I found absolutely nothing. In fact, the media consistenly critcized Gore and Kerry while giving Bush a free pass.

I'm going to die of a heart attack from laughing so hard.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2010, 10:28:26 PM »

Of course. So would Gore have been better qualified. Neither of them would ahve launched a pointless war there like Bush did.

Gore would not have the people around him that Bush did to give such advice. The guys around Bush were brilliant; Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Ridge, his father, Condaleeza Rice.
WillK

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2010, 10:41:19 PM »

Gore would not have the people around him that Bush did to give such advice. The guys around Bush were brilliant; Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Ridge, his father, Condaleeza Rice.
ROFLMAO!!!!
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2010, 11:08:34 PM »

ROFLMAO!!!!

What's so funny? Those were some hardcore warhawks.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »

ROFLMAO!!!!

They were hardcore warhakws alright, but they were by no means brilliant.
WillK

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »

ROFLMAO!!!!

Its funny to call them brilliant. 
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »

Some of the side deals they made? How bout that?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

1. President McCain takes intel seriously; he figures that when al-Qaeda is looking into jetliners as an enhancement of his means of mass death he breaks the 9/11 conspiracy.

2. He does not invade Iraq unless Saddam Hussein does something incredibly dangerous to world peace -- like a real WMD program or an effort to steal a nuke, in which case he probably has has no real choice.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2010, 07:58:09 PM »

me?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies