Atlas Supreme Court (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:12:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Supreme Court (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Supreme Court  (Read 9162 times)
Demrepdan

« on: March 11, 2004, 10:06:33 PM »

5 Justices.......
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 07:04:15 PM »

the justices should not be for a lifelong term

That does seem odd...will it be possible to hold anotehr office when you're a judge? If not, people might not be that eager to get those positions...

Lifelong term may be a bit too much....and under my constitution...no one can serve two positions at any given time......I think the Justices should be in as long as the President desires.......
Demrepdan

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 01:35:39 PM »

What will be the specific duties of our Supreme Court? Also yes 3. We don't want too many I think, especially for such a relitively small group.

Siege40

The duties of the Supreme Court is to pretty much keep order at the forum.....the last election we had....many people complained about this and that....and I want it done this way....and we want it done thata way....hopefully the Constitution will set forth these rules....and the Supreme Court will step in on any occasion in which their is a dispute.

In my current draft of the Constitution....these are the duties of the Supreme Court.

Article III
Section 2.
Clause 1. The Supreme Court shall step in on any occasion in which a person or persons preform an unconstitutional or unlawful act.

Clause 2. The Supreme Court may make any ruling they see fit to uphold the Constitution of the Atlas Forum.

Clause 3. The Supreme Court may only interpret the law, and if they pass any ruling that bypasses congress’s lawmaking, they are guilty of abusing their power and therefore subject to impeachment.
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 02:39:38 PM »

As far as the term for a Supreme Court Justice.....MAS117 and myself and discussed this possiblity.

First of all...I hope you all know that ALL Presidential appointed positions must be met by Senate approval. If the President wants to fire a person he appointed.....he may do so without Senate approval......EXCEPT the Supreme Court justices.

In order for the President or newly elected President to remove the Supreme Court justices.....he must have attained Senate approval....

What do you guys think of that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies