1976: A New America- Gameply Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:55:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1976: A New America- Gameply Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: 1976: A New America- Gameply Thread  (Read 28952 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »

"Mr. Carter, with all due respect, this election just started, and I'm only 2 points behind you in the polls. It can't even be guarenteed that you'll win the nomination. I'm sorry, Jimmy, but this is a risk I'm not going to take. I wish you the best of luck in this race, and I sincerely hope the best candidate wins."

All right, George, I understand. If you change your mind later on, tell me and my offer might still remain on the table. And George, this conversation never happened.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2010, 09:11:27 PM »

Jerry Brown campaigns with Sen. Dick Clark in Iowa.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »

Richardson travels from Boston to Hawaii to campaign.  On the way there he stops and campaigns in New York, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Oregon.  On the way back he stops and campaigns in California, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York.  During this swing, Richardson calls for a strong military, a flexible policy in foreign affairs, free trade, and a tough but fair criminal justice system.  More than anything else, Richardson states the need for campaign reform and increased civil service requirement for government positions.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »

Governor Brown calls Governor Carter.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »

Senator Kennedy and Senator Robert Byrd campaign in West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania.

In the following weeks, he campaigns with Governor Mike Dukakis in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2010, 12:50:29 AM »

Jimmy Carter picks up the phone.

"Ah, hello Jerry. What is it you wanted to talk to me about?"
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2010, 01:16:43 AM »

"Would you like to have a Non-Aggression Pact? You don't attack me I don't attack you."
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2010, 01:28:49 AM »

"Would you like to have a Non-Aggression Pact? You don't attack me I don't attack you."

Deal.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2010, 02:12:01 AM »

Governor Brown calls Governor Wallace.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »

Governor Wallace's aid answers.
"Hello, this is Governor Wallace's office. How may I help you?"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35:09 AM »

Governor Wallace campaigns with his wife and Senator John in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. While on the campaign trail, Mr. Wallace speaks at a black church one Sunday...

My friends, some of you, actually, many of you may be hurt from some of the comments I made years ago. With all my heart, I apologize to you. I know you may never forget the cruel words I may have spoken, but I ask you to forgive. Recently, I gave my life to the Lord, Jesus Christ. Ever since that day, my life has been filled with renewed hope and life. I'm not out here today, asking for your vote, and after some of the comments I've made, I don't expect it. I'm asking for your forgiveness, and I hope y'all, as well as the Black community as a whole, can forgive me. Thank you, and God Bless all of you.

Lahbas
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »

"........I promise.......as your President.........to pardon all those who did not wish to be drafted into the military during the course of the Vietnam War.........and will move for the draft to be removed in its entirety........in favor of a military that is entirely voluntary........and provides incentives for those to join.......such as tax cuts......free higher education......among other federal benefits......."

- Harold Stassen in a Speech outside of St. Louis, Missouri

".......too old to be President? My dear sir.......no man is too old to be President of the United States. No.......what matters is if he will uphold the promises upon which he has been elected.........and that he has the ability to carry out those promises. I can tell you that I will do both to the best of my ability. And no.......I am not going to keel over while I am in the Oval Office.......though I promise to limit myself to a single term as your President. To prove my fitness......I challenge you.....sir......to a boxing match......right now......"

- Harold Stassen in Lansing, Michigan (Stassen would lose the match, but surprisingly held up quite well on his own.)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 07:38:59 PM »

While campaigning in Oregon, Elliot Richardson agrees with Governor Stassen that the draft needed to be repealed.  He points out that that is why it was repealed in 1972. 
Lahbas
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2010, 07:46:07 PM »

While campaigning in Oregon, Elliot Richardson agrees with Governor Stassen that the draft needed to be repealed.  He points out that that is why it was repealed in 1972. 
Stassen points out that there is a movement within the goverment to reinstate parts of the draft, and that this is where he made his point. He would oppose all efforts to reimplement any part of the draft for whatever reason if he became President. Stassen further points out that the draft was repealed in nineteen seventy three, not nineteen seventy two.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »

Richardson points out that the last people drafted were in December, 1972, but agrees that they reported for duty in 1973.  Richardson is not interested in a boxing match with Stassen.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2010, 08:04:34 PM »

Gerald Ford travels to NYC where he talks about he was furious at Nixon doing the things he did
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »

When he arrives in Hawaii, Richardson spends his time attending town hall meetings accentuating his long history supporting civil rights, his foreign policy experience, and his calls for increased civil service requirements within cabinet departments.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2010, 07:14:51 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2010, 07:18:59 AM by Junkie »

After campaigning in Hawaii and California, Elliot Richardson travels to Iowa, Indiana, and Illinois.  In Illinois, Richardson states that he agrees with President Lincoln statement over 100 years ago that "the purpose of government is to do what the people can not do or can not do so well for themselves."  He highlights his experience in HEW and Defense.  Richardson calls for a complete overhaul of every department, streamlining the programs, eliminating overlap and reducing the number of political appointed members of an administration.

Richardson responds to Governor Reagan's call for tax cuts, Richardson states that he worries that such cuts would lead to massive deficits.  "I guess I agree for once with Senator Goldwater.  He was against the JFK cuts unless they were coupled with spending restrictions.  First, we must streamline the government and make sure it does not waste money.  Only then can we address tax cuts.  To address the issue in the way Governor Reagan suggests will saddle countless future generations with added debt that will cripple our government."

In terms of President Ford's recent remarks about former President Nixon, Richardson reminds the crowd that he resigned rather than follow an illegal order of the then President.  Richardson also states that he believed that the investigation should have continued and that if he had been President, he would have resolved the issue in a way that did not include a pardon.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2010, 08:13:11 AM »

Ted Kennedy continues his tour of New England with Representative Paul Tsongas, then travels to Delaware to campaign with Senator Joe Biden in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.

He then flies to Arizona and campaigns with popular Representative Mo Udall in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and California.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »

Red- Kennedy
Brown-Brown
Yellow-Wallace
Green-Carter
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »

Ford-Red
Reagan-Blue
Richardson-Brown
Stassen-Yellow
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »

Reagan swings through midwest states including Iowa, Missouri, Illinios, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Arkansas hosting town hall meetings all across the state.

During a TV interview Reagan said he is "committed to having the people of our great nation get their facts about me, straight from me. Now more than ever we need honest government the people can trust so Washington DC can function again and get out of the way of the people."
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2010, 04:52:59 PM »

Jerry Brown campaigns with Sen. Dick Clark in Iowa even more.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »

Governor Wallace makes stops in Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, and West Virginia. He stresses  his executive experience as Governor, and points to the sucesses Alabama has had. He is accompanied by Senator Sparkman.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »

Jimmy Carter repeats his promise that as President, he will pardon all draft dodgers. He also attacks Ford for being unable to reduce the unemployment rate and produce a lot of new jobs for Americans.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies