Obama vs. Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:09:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama vs. Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama vs. Romney  (Read 968 times)
Brett J Roebuck
bjmr
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »

lets say that Obama was running for reelection today against Mitt Romney.
Who would win?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:30:05 PM »

Today? Obama.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 08:35:33 PM »

I think Obama would lose. His approval rating is only about 45% at best, thus he would lose narrowly.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:35:45 PM »

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »

ask this question one hour later
Tutankhuman Bakari Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 11:22:43 PM »

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 11:26:22 PM »

Romney would not win the nomination now, thankfully.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 11:45:55 PM »

Why are people assuming this will hurt him? The American people want healthcare reform, they are just against much of the language in the pill passed by congress. Personally I think it is an advantage for Romney to have experience with the issue. Then again the Republican party of today is full of demagogues who would just vote against him because he actually attempted to tackle a significant problem facing the citizens of his state.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 12:22:20 AM »

Why are people assuming this will hurt him? The American people want healthcare reform, they are just against much of the language in the pill passed by congress. Personally I think it is an advantage for Romney to have experience with the issue. Then again the Republican party of today is full of demagogues who would just vote against him because he actually attempted to tackle a significant problem facing the citizens of his state.

Americans don't like the type of "healthcare reform" advocated by both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 12:26:48 AM »

Americans don't like the type of "healthcare reform" advocated by both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.

I understand opposition to the healthcare reform advocated by Obama, but opposition to Romney's when it doesn't call for a public option seems somewhat perplexing to me. BTW Nice image of President Coolidge. He is one of my favorite presidents and hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves in history unfortunately.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 12:28:41 AM »

I understand opposition to the healthcare reform advocated by Obama, but opposition to Romney's when it doesn't call for a public option seems somewhat perplexing to me.

The bill just passed doesn't have a public option either.

When the primaries start, ads will be run non-stop linking Romney's and Obama's healthcare plans, and his political career will be toast.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 12:32:14 AM »

redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 12:33:40 AM »

I understand opposition to the healthcare reform advocated by Obama, but opposition to Romney's when it doesn't call for a public option seems somewhat perplexing to me.

The bill just passed doesn't have a public option either.

When the primaries start, ads will be run non-stop linking Romney's and Obama's healthcare plans, and his political career will be toast.

I didn't know they took it out. School has been somewhat training recently so I haven't been paying as close attention as I could have to the bill's details. It's a shame though that it might cause the end of his political career.
pragmatic liberal

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »

Yeah, despite Mitt's protestations, what just passed was basically exactly what Mitt put in place in MA. He's been reduced to complaining that it cuts Medicare (which is irrelevant b/c Massachusetts wouldn't have been able to "cut" Medicare) and that he thinks this should be done at the "state level."

Whatever. I doubt this will get much traction with much more than a fraction of the GOP base.

What's even more damning is that in his just-released book, he argues for a national health plan, exactly like what just passed, basing his opposition to Obama's plan on the now-non-existent public option.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies