Republicans: Threats and violence against Democrats is their own fault. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:32:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans: Threats and violence against Democrats is their own fault. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans: Threats and violence against Democrats is their own fault.  (Read 1434 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: March 27, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »
« edited: March 27, 2010, 10:28:47 PM by Torie »

Republicans aren't fascists.. a great many of them are just knee-jerk reactionary nationalists.

The Three elements of a fascist personality.
1) identifying their opponent as the "other", and than calling them derogatory names.
2) Anti-intellectualism( sorry folks but climate change is pretty real, and is evolution)
3) possessing Authoritarian personality traits, and reminiscing about the past.

Hitler actually was quite intellectual (yes some "intellectuals" are monsters). And he hated much about the past. It simply is the wrong term to use. Fascism indeed is such a vague term, that it does lend itself as an epithet, but it has more to due with disliking democracy, and  extreme nationalism, with militaristic and irredentist tendencies, and yes it does tend usually to demonize some "other" as a scapegoat.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »

Some political games are being played here in my opinion. I mean, what are you supposed to do if you strongly oppose some action by the other party and denounce it, and some nutters get so off on it, that they threaten violence?  Shut up?  I don't think so. That is why we have law enforcement, to run these nutters down, and deal with them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies