9 members of Christian Militia Arrested after Plot to kill cops uncovered
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:54:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  9 members of Christian Militia Arrested after Plot to kill cops uncovered
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 9 members of Christian Militia Arrested after Plot to kill cops uncovered  (Read 2172 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:28:58 PM »

9 members of a Christian Militia have been arrested,  They had planned to kill a cop, and then ambush the cop's funeral killing many more cops, in hopes it would then lead to some government overthrow.  They were caught with various bombs, weapons, booby traps, etc.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/29/hutaree.militia.plans/index.html?hpt=T1

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »

Obviously the report on increased risk of right-wing terrorism last year was a fraud.
RRB
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »

What would Jesus do?..........OK, I'll stop right there.  These people are not really Christians any more than the Taliban are Muslims.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »

Gosh - I hate these stupid crazy people.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:06:59 AM »

It makes sense though.  If you are an idiot and if people are doing something you don't like, like printing cartoons of your god or sitting around doing nothing while a black man runs America, the best way to make people stop is to kill a few and threaten to kill the rest.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 05:13:53 AM »

Does this surprise anyone? No? Didn't think so. American Christiandom is synonymous with totalitarianism; they will see freedom through to its end in this nation - they cannot countenance anyone feeling or believing differently than they themselves do. Only the ignoramus or the coward denies this fact today. And the legitimate atheist will mobilize all his power and his passion to stop this fate. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 09:24:32 AM »

I clicked on this thread thinking it had something to do with "Christina Milian".  Dammit, Smash.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 09:37:59 AM »

Does this surprise anyone? No? Didn't think so. American Christiandom is synonymous with totalitarianism; they will see freedom through to its end in this nation - they cannot countenance anyone feeling or believing differently than they themselves do. Only the ignoramus or the coward denies this fact today. And the legitimate atheist will mobilize all his power and his passion to stop this fate. 

The very fact that these moralfags are acting like they are the ones being persecuted by the State in this country speak volumes about the brainwashing that the Religious Reich has imposed upon many in this nation.  Not to mention the hundreds (maybe even thousands) of politicians in this country who enter politics because they feel the power of Christ compelling them to duty and make it their mission to return America to a much "simpler" time when the Word of God was respected by the people.  The whole purpose of these politicians is to make America a "nation under God" while also claiming, quite ironically, that they just want a "Separation of Church and State"........my pimpled ginger ass they do!
I don't see how sentiments such as those can be seen as anything less than an endorsement of theocracy.  These people aren't being persecuted by the state, they are using the state to persecute others: the drug user, the alcohol drinker, the smoker, the sexually active, the gay!
Anybody who denies this is living in Dreamland.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 05:31:35 PM »

Never put anything past the Chrisitan Right. Apparently the Christian lesson of "Love thy Neighbor" isn't nearly as important as "Kill the f****ts." I find it amusing that they use the bibical symbol of supposed Love and Tolerance, Jesus Christ, as a shield to justify their Theofascist absurdity. Disgusting.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 05:50:42 PM »

Never put anything past the Chrisitan Right. Apparently the Christian lesson of "Love thy Neighbor" isn't nearly as important as "Kill the f****ts." I find it amusing that they use the bibical symbol of supposed Love and Tolerance, Jesus Christ, as a shield to justify their Theofascist absurdity. Disgusting.

Never put anything past anyone. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 05:53:02 PM »

The individuals pictured below are FASCISTS!

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »

Haha, salt o'the earth!  Where's what's his face - Walter Mitty - with the grotesque Walmart/white trash photos?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »

Obviously the report on increased risk of right-wing terrorism last year was a fraud.

At least one of these men was a registered Democrat who voted in the 2004 and 2008 Democratic primaries.   
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 06:25:20 PM »

At least one of these men was a registered Democrat who voted in the 2004 and 2008 Democratic primaries.   

And Democrats can't be right wing nor crazy anti-government extremists?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 06:30:03 PM »

And Democrats can't be right wing nor crazy anti-government extremists?

There aren't many Democrat right-wingers left outside of the South other than the really old.  They apparently can be anti-government extremists, too - though the red avatar meme here is always the "teabaggers" are responsible for all threats.  Sorry.  At least one member of this militia was one of your own.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »

There aren't many Democrat right-wingers left

What.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »

Cinyc reminds my of MarkDel.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 07:11:26 PM »

Of course.

It's okay that 90% of the posts in the U.S. General Discussion board are Democrat hack posts denegrating conservatives and the "teabaggers".  But once someone points out the blatant hackery, some moderators must smack down on them, comparing them to posters they didn't like in the past. 

Let's just turn this forum into DU.  Yay!  Democrats!  Boo! Republicans!  Yay! Progressives!  Boo! Conservatives!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »

Of course.

It's okay that 90% of the posts in the U.S. General Discussion board are Democrat hack posts denegrating conservatives and the "teabaggers".  But once someone points out the blatant hackery, some moderators must smack down on them, comparing them to posters they didn't like in the past. 

Let's just turn this forum into DU.  Yay!  Democrats!  Boo! Republicans!  Yay! Progressives!  Boo! Conservatives!

My point exactly. Btw, this isn't a smackdown and even if it was it wouldn't be one done with my mod hat on (as I'm the mod of the International Elections board and not here). Your style of argument just reminded me of a poster from years back.

Though... how many here will now remember, I wonder. How long ago was that anyway? Urgh... time passes...
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 03:42:29 PM »

"Rednecks determined to strike in U.S."
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »

Of course.

It's okay that 90% of the posts in the U.S. General Discussion board are Democrat hack posts denegrating conservatives and the "teabaggers".  But once someone points out the blatant hackery, some moderators must smack down on them, comparing them to posters they didn't like in the past.  

Let's just turn this forum into DU.  Yay!  Democrats!  Boo! Republicans!  Yay! Progressives!  Boo! Conservatives!

My point exactly. Btw, this isn't a smackdown and even if it was it wouldn't be one done with my mod hat on (as I'm the mod of the International Elections board and not here). Your style of argument just reminded me of a poster from years back.

Though... how many here will now remember, I wonder. How long ago was that anyway? Urgh... time passes...

He left sometime in 2004, made a brief comeback right around the time of the election, then was finally gone for good again in 2006 IIRC.

So yeah, an eternity in internet time. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 08:02:58 AM »

I haven't been paying much attention to the media the past week.......are the right-wingers in the media defending these guys at all?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »

A troubling new development:

Article published April 28, 2010
FBI agent short on details on militia inquiry
ASSOCIATED PRESS

DETROIT - An FBI agent who led the investigation of nine Michigan militia members charged with trying to launch war against the federal government couldn't recall many details of the two-year probe yesterday during questioning by defense lawyers.

Even the judge who must decide whether to release the nine until trial was puzzled.

"I share the frustrations of the defense team … that she doesn't know anything," U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said after agent Leslie Larsen confessed she hadn't reviewed her notes recently and couldn't remember specific details of the case.

Judge Roberts is hearing an appeal of another judge's order that has kept members of so-called Hutaree militia in jail since their arrest in late March.

The indictment says the nine planned to kill police officers as a steppingstone to a widespread uprising against the federal government.

Defense lawyers, however, say their clients are being punished for being outspoken.
Prosecutors fought to keep Ms. Larsen off the witness stand, saying the defendants had no legal right to question her.

But the judge said the agent's appearance was appropriate because the burden is on defense lawyers to show their clients won't be a threat to the public if released.

The nine lawyers asked specific questions about each defendant. Ms. Larsen said she had not listened entirely to certain recordings made by an undercover agent who infiltrated the group.

She said that because they were still being examined, she didn't know if weapons seized by investigators last month were illegal.

At other times, Ms. Larsen couldn't answer questions because she said she hadn't reviewed investigative reports.

Defense lawyer William Swor asked if the No. 1 defendant, Hutaree leader David Stone, had ever instructed anyone to make a bomb.

"I can't fully answer that question," the agent replied.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Tukel defended Ms. Larsen, telling the judge it wasn't clear until Monday that she would testify.

Judge Roberts, however, said she told the government to be prepared last week.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Ronald Waterstreet played an audiotape of what he said were several militia members talking freely about killing police.

The participants talked over each other, often laughed and made goofy noises and disparaging remarks about law enforcement.

Prosecutors objected to questions about interpreting the secretly recorded conversations, but the judge said they were fair game.

The judge will resume the court hearing today.

Prosecutors will have a chance to question people who are willing to be responsible for some of the nine if they are released from jail.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 09:49:53 AM »

Duh, these guys were hardly the most guilty lot.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 10:21:01 AM »

Duh, these guys were hardly the most guilty lot.

They're clearly being made an example of........the FBI scares me more.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies