AL-PPP: Artur Davis (D) has no chance to win, state stays Republican (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:15:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  AL-PPP: Artur Davis (D) has no chance to win, state stays Republican (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL-PPP: Artur Davis (D) has no chance to win, state stays Republican  (Read 4337 times)
prestontakata
Rookie
United States

« on: April 11, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »

Alabama, once a sh**t state, always a sh**t state.

Is that really appropriate? Considering our education system has lead the nation in gains, our state has seen unprecedented economic growth, so many are moving in... Yeah, it's such a sh**t state. Tongue
prestontakata
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:35:52 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2010, 06:47:38 PM by prestontakata »

My mistake, it was in certain subjects. The big thing was installment of Video Conferencing in all high schools, which enables all schools to offer the same advanced classes. Grades have gone up steadily though.

[/quote]

If you have lead thats just because you were so far behind.
[/quote]

That is sad and true unfortunately (at least we rank higher than Mississippi, New Mexico, and West Virginia), but the future is bright. Congrats to MD on having the best public education in the nation though, I went to school there. Wink

The thing is with it is that we have some really great high ranked public schools, and great private schools, but there are so many not so great public schools that pull us down. It all depends on what part of the state.

Also, in the past decade our state has gone from 48th to 42nd in Per Capita Income. It's low, but an improvement nonetheless.

The only reason I bring this up was the person from Ontario's rude comment about our state. We have hard-working, good people. We're a growing state, many choose to retire to our coast instead of Florida. Why hate? There's no point to it.

Sorry for that. Anyway, back to the main topic. I'm just hoping that Roy Moore doesn't make it... Governor Moore O.O That's plain scary.
prestontakata
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »

If Alabama is such a great and intelligent state, why does it elect retards on a constant basis?

Well, our state's politics are notorious, even among our own residents. Usually, politicians on both sides of the aisle are idiots here, no matter what, so no matter who we vote for, an idiot goes into office. That's why I plan on running for the State Legislature to fight this b.s. Though we may have idiot politicians (agreed), I'm a native Alabamian, I'm college-educated, and that's not uncommon in the metropolitan areas. I'm sorry for being so overbearing, I was just a bit offended. There are a few good Alabama politicians that fight the good fight, but they're few and far between.
prestontakata
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »

This arguing over whether the state sucks is pointless and purely opinion. I don't say other states suck. There's absolutely no point. Let's get back on topic.

The main reason idiots are in politics here is that it is a bloodsport, it's too dirty. Many don't want to get into it, it's too mean. Sad
prestontakata
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »

There are smart Alabamians, but the majority of the state sucks.

Well, I can say Canada sucks for electing Stephen Harper. BRDT would even call you country fascists, Hash Tongue

Canada does suck in a lot of regards, but only 38% voted Conservative last time around. 

I do feel bad for you about Stephen Harper, but think, it could be worse. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies