So I Drove Through New Jersey And Ate a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:13:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I Drove Through New Jersey And Ate a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: So I Drove Through New Jersey And Ate a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly  (Read 2088 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:36:26 PM »

New Jersey:  Sure, I just saw it from the highway, but it pretty much confirmed all of my suspicions.  It was like chemical factories, smoke stacks, small depressing houses, and the occasional staples/Ikea.  I can't believe it matched its stereotype so thoroughly!

Philly Cheese Steak in Philly: As I just posted on Phil's Facebook: it tasted like Kraft mac & cheese mixed with generic beef on a hoagie.  I waited in a huge line of like a hundred and fifty people and it was a really awful mix of flavors.  It would have been better if they had like something besides that awful cheap American cheese taste with the steak. 

That is all.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »

attention whore!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »

All the attention should be on New Jerrrrrrzey
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:58:09 PM »

Aw naw man, you aint dissin Phiwwy.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 08:03:29 PM »

made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ1NA7Mgzgw
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 08:04:27 PM »

well, I'm glad New Jersey was all it's cracked up to be.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2010, 08:45:25 PM by Lunar »

well, I'm glad New Jersey was all it's cracked up to be.

It's like if people living in slums and working in sweat shops all got their Christmas bonuses early and moved to the next best thing.

I wouldn't even live there ironically, it's that bad.  
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »

You can totally order it with provolone, you know.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 08:49:22 PM »

I wanted it the Philly way.  I live in Manhattan, every two blocks there's an American-Arabic food cart that can make me a cheesesteak that doesn't taste as bad as that place does.

It was a really right-wing place too.  It had like signs against Mumia and a bumper sticker that said something how this is America and if you don't speak English don't bother ordering food here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »

Not to defend Jersey much, but you really can't judge a state by a trip through it on the interstate.  It's why people think Nebraska is flat.  The only thing people see of it is what they see driving on I-80 and I-80 follows the Platte River flood plain, which is very flat.  You get a few miles off the interstate and it's all rolling hills.  Maybe you get a few miles off the Jersey Turnpike and you'll find a Starbuks and an art gallery?

One question though, did you see any orange colored people?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 09:26:40 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2010, 09:32:21 PM by Lunar »

Not to defend Jersey much, but you really can't judge a state by a trip through it on the interstate.

I can and I just did.

It's why people think Nebraska is flat.  The only thing people see of it is what they see driving on I-80

I don't think most people who think Nebraska is flat have ever like drove through it or anything, so that's diff.  I'm not sure if anyone ever has ever visited Nebraska, actually.

One question though, did you see any orange colored people?

Well, not on the bus, but I saw some Guidos in Philly, and they are always around in NYC.  

Why won't you let me discriminate against Jersey?  I'm not pretending to be rational, I'm just saying it's a third world country.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »

Fine, but if the good people of New Jersey hear about this they are going to be pissed.

(good luck finding one!)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »

Fine, but if the good people of New Jersey hear about this they are going to be pissed.

(good luck finding one!)

Exactly my thinking.  After riding a bus through the state twice, I'm really not sure if they have the internet. 
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »

Jersey sucks.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »

I beg to differ.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 11:09:57 PM »

I wanted it the Philly way.  I live in Manhattan, every two blocks there's an American-Arabic food cart that can make me a cheesesteak that doesn't taste as bad as that place does.

It was a really right-wing place too.  It had like signs against Mumia and a bumper sticker that said something how this is America and if you don't speak English don't bother ordering food here.

If you were to ask ME, Philly Cheesesteaks are ah-mah-zing. Tongue I think you went to Geno's Steaks since they're known for having long lines and that "Speak English" sign. Pat's Steaks and Geno's Steaks are probably the most well known cheesesteak places (they have really really long lines, and are right next to each other), but they're touristy, and you might want to try somewhere else not touristy for a good Philly Cheesesteak, like a local place.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 06:54:46 AM »

Well, I went to them because they were the first result on Google for "best cheesesteak philadelphia" really, but the long lines were appealing.  I didn't discover the right-wing stuff until I got to the front of the line.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »

Below is an image of one of my favorite towns in the United States. And yes, it is in New Jersey. Tongue

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 12:18:32 PM »

Shudder, it reminds me of my hometown in CA and that's not a good thing.

fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 12:19:45 PM »

Not to defend Jersey much, but you really can't judge a state by a trip through it on the interstate.
I can and I just did.

As does every other moron that drives through.  Good for us, that's one less person coming in to take advantage of the great things we have to offer.  It's really a genius strategy.  We trick the intellectually weak pretty easily. Wink

Below is an image of one of my favorite towns in the United States. And yes, it is in New Jersey. Tongue

Madison is a very, very nice town.  Have you ever been to Morristown?  It's like a bigger version of Madison.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »

I can and I just did.

As does every other moron that drives through.  Good for us, that's one less person coming in to take advantage of the great things we have to offer.  It's really a genius strategy.  We trick the intellectually weak pretty easily. Wink

God forbid y'all trick us New Yorkers from taking advantage of you all, otherwise we'd have to store our waste and smokestacks and ghettos somewhere else.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »

Yes, I took a deposition in Morristown, and it is very nice indeed. That was when I visited Madison, based on a restaurant recommendation. Clearly, the zoning laws in the district are rather tightly enforced.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 12:30:09 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2010, 12:35:52 PM by fezzyfestoon »

I can and I just did.
As does every other moron that drives through.  Good for us, that's one less person coming in to take advantage of the great things we have to offer.  It's really a genius strategy.  We trick the intellectually weak pretty easily. Wink
God forbid y'all trick us New Yorkers from taking advantage of you all, otherwise we'd have to store our waste and smokestacks and ghettos somewhere else.

Like Staten Island...kind of like you already do?

Madison sure does look chock full of industry, doesn't it?  Like I said, you all fall for it every time.  It's like a sad joke to us that you've been sitting next to us all this time and still haven't figured it out.

Oh, and remind me of what the Bronx is full of?  Not the ghetto, right? 

Welcome to Brooklyn!

Yes, I took a deposition in Morristown, and it is very nice indeed. That was when I visited Madison, based on a restaurant recommendation. Clearly, the zoning laws in the district are rather tightly enforced.

Oh, do you remember where you ate? Smiley

Yeah, they do a great job preserving the charm of the towns in the area.  Morristown is actually one of the nation's foremost examples for smart growth in the last few years.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »

Hey, NYC has its rough spots (google "The Bronx is Burning"), I'm just glad we don't have to have Camden and Newark rough them up even more is all I'm sayin'
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »

Hey, NYC has its rough spots (google "The Bronx is on Fire"), I'm just glad we don't have to have Camden and Newark rough them up even more is all I'm sayin'

Jersey is the same way, rough spots a-plenty.  That's what makes us so intense.  But almost the entire state is beautiful and diverse.  It's very easy not to have to deal with crappy Jersey, New Yorkers just seem to make it difficult for themselves in driving through where our oodles of money comes from rather than where it goes.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies