So I Drove Through New Jersey And Ate a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:39:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I Drove Through New Jersey And Ate a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So I Drove Through New Jersey And Ate a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly  (Read 2091 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »

I don't remember the name of the restaurant Fezzy. It was about 10 years ago now. It was a small place with white  table cloths serving continental food. It was indeed excellent. A bonus is that  some cute coeds were at the next table, presumably from Fraleigh Dickenson (sp), using their parents' credit cards or something. Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »

Not that I'm normally one to defend Joisey, but I've seen bears there. Things aren't exactly the same off of the interstates as on them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »

Shudder, it reminds me of my hometown in CA and that's not a good thing.

I liked that place.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »

I don't remember the name of the restaurant Fezzy. It was about 10 years ago now. It was a small place with white  table cloths serving continental food. It was indeed excellent. A bonus is that  some cute coeds were at the next table, presumably from Fraleigh Dickenson (sp), using their parents' credit cards or something. Smiley

Fairleigh Dickinson is a commuter school, so it's not likely they were co-eds.

Although I'm only familiar with the main campus in Teaneck-Hackensack. Maybe the Madison campus has dorms.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »

I too am not the greatest fan of the "nice" off-turnpike Jersey where I am currently in residence, but if you think the problem with this state is that the houses are too small, you've got the wrong problem. I mean, forget the houses, the SUV's alone could hold Lunar's apartment in NYC and the strollers could hold Lunar.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 08:59:45 PM »

I too am not the greatest fan of the "nice" off-turnpike Jersey where I am currently in residence, but if you think the problem with this state is that the houses are too small, you've got the wrong problem. I mean, forget the houses, the SUV's alone could hold Lunar's apartment in NYC and the strollers could hold Lunar.

I live in a closet in a cheap ass apartment in Alphabet City, if you look at a map, it's actually pretty hard to live in anyplace further away from a metro stop in Manhattan [I live a few blocks north of Ave. D & Houston if you want to look at the map].

I'm sure I could live in a bigger place almost anywhere else in the world, but that has nothing to do with your state being a disgusting hellhole where only horrible people would choose to live, no offense obviously.  
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 08:21:57 AM »

The last time I was in Philly, I ate a cheese steak and lamented it's mediocre quality. I was chastised afterward by Phil, who insisted I ate the wrong cheese steak at the wrong establishment.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 08:37:42 AM »

It sounds like Lunar went to Genos.

There are at least two broad styles of Cheesesteak in Philadelphia.  The touristy Pats/Genos/Steves/Jims etc style steak which is good but can be offered with cheesewhiz as a sauce.  Then you have the more generic resturant/pizza place cheesesteak which is better in my opinion.  Thats with american cheese only, unless its a pizza steak.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 03:00:49 PM »

They ought to just put cheese whiz and beef whiz on bread and call it a cheesesteak.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 03:03:43 PM »

They ought to just put cheese whiz and beef whiz on bread and call it a cheesesteak.

Philistine
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 03:08:43 PM »

I'm not the one who added cheese whiz to a sandwich.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2010, 03:28:30 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

I'm promise you when you're buzzed up at 3AM, those sandwiches are priceless......trust me Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2010, 08:59:40 PM »

I'm personally trying to figure out who got it in their head that cheese whiz is actually edible. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »

Wait a minute, beef whiz doesn't actually exist. That was just an Onion article.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 09:11:45 PM »

oh come on.. everybody is slamming cheese whiz... the stuff is neither nearly as good as the company claims it to be nor is it as bad as everybody here is making it out to be.

For example, if you're making chili cheese dip, there's nothing better than cheese whiz.  Why?  Because it melts properly due to its higher milk and oil content. 

In much the same way... velveeta makes the best grilled cheese sandwich.  And a slice of kraft cheese and milk instead of water in tomato soup makes it delicious.

Other processed foods like Hormel Chili or Spam are poor compared to the authentic, real, home made thing... but that's not what they're for anymore.  They serve specific uses.

Kinda like... who actually eats cream of celery soup plain?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »

oh come on.. everybody is slamming cheese whiz... the stuff is neither nearly as good as the company claims it to be nor is it as bad as everybody here is making it out to be.

For example, if you're making chili cheese dip, there's nothing better than cheese whiz.  Why?  Because it melts properly due to its higher milk and oil content. 

In much the same way... velveeta makes the best grilled cheese sandwich.  And a slice of kraft cheese and milk instead of water in tomato soup makes it delicious.

Other processed foods like Hormel Chili or Spam are poor compared to the authentic, real, home made thing... but that's not what they're for anymore.  They serve specific uses.

I would rather eat the tire off a car (imagine the tire has been sanitized beforehand, since tires are disgustingly dirty). That's no joke.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »

Cheeze whiz just tastes horrible as a sandwich ingredient, the flavors just do NOT work. 

It's such a depressing cuisine to have your city be famous for.  I don't know if I've ever had a worse sandwich in the last 8 years of my life, to be honest. 
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »

I would rather eat the tire off a car (imagine the tire has been sanitized beforehand, since tires are disgustingly dirty). That's no joke.

Why bother sanitizing? You think you would survive eating a tire off a car in the first place?

Anyway, I've never had cheese whiz, and don't plan on having it anytime soon.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2010, 09:33:05 PM »

Why bother sanitizing? You think you would survive eating a tire off a car in the first place?

Anyway, I've never had cheese whiz, and don't plan on having it anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure I'd take one bite & spit it out in disgust, which incidentally is the same reaction I have with cheese whiz.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2010, 09:57:53 PM »

Cheese Whiz is America. Do you hate America, Lunar? They don't have Cheese Whiz in Communist North Korea, maybe you should live there? Or maybe go live with the smelly cheese eaters in Surrendermonkeystan?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies