Regional Sovereignty Amendment [passed]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:50:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Sovereignty Amendment [passed]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Regional Sovereignty Amendment [passed]  (Read 3617 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »

Aye.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 04:12:19 PM »

Senators in favor: Winston, Fritz, Badger, tmthforu94, bgwah, Hans, Bacon King (7)
Senators opposed: Yankee, Duke (2)
Senators abstaining (not voting): Mint (1)

This amendment has enough vote to pass. Senators can change their votes for the next twenty four hours. It will then go to the regions for a vote.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »

Let me see if I understand this... we should legally permit regions to invade or take aggressive action against each other, because it makes the game more interesting.  Have I got that right?

No you don't.

Good thing you are no longer known as the "Regional Protection" party. LoL

This has nothing to do with Regional Rights. Its more about the direction of the game. The issue regarding the SE versue the Pacific was overhyped and taken by some who seek to make this a boring gov't similuation with nothing but GM spouted data and solutions to problems presented in that. And god forbid the GM get creative and come up civil unrest or a foriegn policy dispute. And then we wonder why so many are innactive. Its and unnecessary solution to a non-existant problem.

And I hope no one gets the wrong idea, we are 100% pro-region and pro-Regional Senate seats.

What on earth?

The Southeast was preparing a militia that was to march on the Pacific region and, if necessary, engage in force to follow through on a bill they passed sending dangerous individuals to our region. It was completely stupid, unprovoked nonsense that nearly caused some sort of civil war because one region has a stupid grudge. The Northeast also joined in to nearly declare a trade war on the Pacific.

Acting like this is good for the game is insane. It has no place. There's a difference between causing a little conflict once in awhile and just trying to cause trouble for the sake of being idiots just because they can.

And no, you're not pro-region if you're in favor of a region's ability to attack another region for protecting their own freakin' borders.

This whole thing was entirely overblown by people, including yourselves. The problem resolved itself hence this bill is unnecessary.

Who decides what is exceptable conflict and what is for the sake of peoples idiocy. You? With all do respect, your vision of this game were it to be adopted, would compell me to leave. The problem was going nowhere for two reasons, A) because it resolved itself, and B) ITS A GAME. It is such events that sometimes become necessary to move the politics of the game along and breakup the previous boring political paradigm.  To deny that, is to deny the history.

Don't you ever question my pro-regionalism? EVER!!!

Yes, this situation resolved itself--this time. Such a bill creates valuable precedence clearly defining such actions as illegal. This will hopefully garner more forceful and decisive action--indeed any action--from the executive when a similar crisis occurs.

Surely the minute use of bandwidth is worthy of such a valuable precedent, Yank? And is not such a response a legitimate response and part of what you correctly point out is a game?

This makes me really, really question your commitment to pro-regionalism. Tongue

Grabs popcorn to watch reaction.

Nice Try.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 06:36:56 PM »

Ok. Posting this in the other board for the governors now.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 02:56:40 AM »

How hilarious both the voters against are supposedly regionalists.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 09:52:27 PM »

Looks Like I won.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 12:18:05 AM »

No, no, it was the anti-regionalist side (mine) that carried the day.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 12:09:10 PM »

Well some things never change. Yankee exposing supposedly innoculous bills as Anti-Region even under a Pro-Region guise and Xahar being misguided.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies