UNEPSE v. Northeast Region (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  UNEPSE v. Northeast Region (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UNEPSE v. Northeast Region  (Read 3964 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« on: April 20, 2010, 06:57:32 AM »

Shocker.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:22:13 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the case in front of me was not whether the bill itself was unconstitutional. The only question in front of me was whether the union should be held liable for the damages. I don't see why the court took it upon themselves to rule on the constitutionality of a bill that wasn't even presented to them for consideration.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:23:07 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the case in front of me was not whether the bill itself was unconstitutional. The only question in front of me was whether the union should be held liable for the damages. I don't see why the court took it upon themselves to rule on the constitutionality of a bill that wasn't even presented to them for consideration.

It was presented to us by the union, debated behind the scenes between the Justices, defended by Cinyc. It's directly related to the case, and just because it wasn't discussed in the previous ruling by you, doesn't mean we don't have the power to address it ourselves if we think it's appropriate.

I disagree on its appropriateness. It had nothing to do with the question at hand. The question at hand was whether the union was liable for the damages. That's it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not sure how I was supposed to know that you would go beyond the actual ruling just so that you could strike down a law that you perceive to be "anti-union."
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 12:32:02 PM »

Also, I do believe I sought a counter-suit in the original case before Rowan asking that the law be ruled unconstitutional.

I would have taken it up right after the case. I was then waiting for the appeal to finish.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies