An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (Sign-Up/Discussion Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:22:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (Sign-Up/Discussion Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (Sign-Up/Discussion Thread)  (Read 21679 times)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2010, 10:47:53 AM »

April polling tomorrow
still no state requests
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2010, 11:00:25 AM »

Iowa
Ohio
Florida
Arizona
New Hampshire
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »

Hm, despite the fact that Jindal endorses me, why did Cantor win just about as much support as I did from it? I went up 10%, while he went up 8%. You would think from the polling numbers Jindal endorsed both of us.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2010, 02:52:32 PM »

Hm, despite the fact that Jindal endorses me, why did Cantor win just about as much support as I did from it? I went up 10%, while he went up 8%. You would think from the polling numbers Jindal endorsed both of us.

Conservative voters that don't want a women president. And alot of southerners
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »

Cantor's a Representative.  When is the last time a Representative had a lead in the primaries.  Scott Brown is a national name, Sue Lowden will be once she beats Reid...I'm detecting some bias here to be honest.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »

Cantor's a Representative.  When is the last time a Representative had a lead in the primaries.  Scott Brown is a national name, Sue Lowden will be once she beats Reid...I'm detecting some bias here to be honest.

Cantor is Speaker of the House in this alt. The speaker that won back the reublicans congress.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »

Eric Cantor is the Speaker of the House in this if you looked at the sign-up, he would have more ID than Lowden
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2010, 03:01:10 PM »

The same conservative voters that rallied behind Palin in `08 and would rally behind her again in 2012? I have never seen any reason to believe a woman conservative couldn't win in the South. If it was Romney vs. Palin in `12, Palin would win almost every state down there.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2010, 03:02:09 PM »

Conservative voters that don't want a woman president probably wouldn't have supported Bobby Jindal, an Indian.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2010, 03:04:31 PM »

BTW, it's nothing personal A-Bob, lol.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2010, 03:10:28 PM »

The Argument makes sense if you didn't know that Eric Cantor was Speaker of the House in this universe
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2010, 03:11:20 PM »

The Argument makes sense if you didn't know that Eric Cantor was Speaker of the House in this universe

true. You guys should read what he signed up as though first before you complain.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »

I'm not complaining about that. I just think it's unfair and questionable that Cantor got just as much of a bump as Lowden did from Jindal endorsing Lowden.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »

I'm not complaining about that. I just think it's unfair and questionable that Cantor got just as much of a bump as Lowden did from Jindal endorsing Lowden.

you got a larger bump. You act like your twenty points behind.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »

Wow, I got a 10 point bump, he got an 8 point bump. I'd be fine with that if Jindal just dropped out. But he also endorsed me.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2010, 03:17:24 PM »

Wow, I got a 10 point bump, he got an 8 point bump. I'd be fine with that if Jindal just dropped out. But he also endorsed me.

And remember that was just one straw poll. Straw Polls in this alt are more likely to favor the more conservative candidates. It wasn't an average of several polls.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »

And remember that was just one straw poll. Straw Polls in this alt are more likely to favor the more conservative candidates. It wasn't an average of several polls.
Very well.
One last thing, though: Lowden is a conservative candidate
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2010, 03:19:45 PM »

Very well.

I know, but Cantor is known as a very conservative candidate. Lowden is not as deeply conservative.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2010, 03:22:20 PM »

Very well.

I know, but Cantor is known as a very conservative candidate. Lowden is not as deeply conservative.
Okay, fine. Brown and I will just have to fight through the bias that is taking place.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2010, 03:24:38 PM »

Very well.

Okay, fine. Brown and I will just have to fight through the bias that is taking place.

There is no bias... Just remember that you are fighting a popular Speaker of House. That's alot bigger than a regular representitive.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »

I posted the average polling, Post-Jindal
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »

Average Polling Post-Jindal
Lowden 28%
Cantor 23%
Brown 20%
Not Sure 29%

Thank you
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »

Don't base everything off of one poll. For example, there was a WV poll in 2008 that had Obama up by 8, and look what happened.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »

And Polling map. Official May polling is out Thursday. I think we need the democrats to start getting more active.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »

The democrats need to get more active. And you can still sign up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies