Man Accused Of Trying To Run Over Katherine Harris
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:32:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Man Accused Of Trying To Run Over Katherine Harris  (Read 3008 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2004, 12:17:12 PM »

More Democrat looniness.

Man: 'I Intimidated Them With My Car'

POSTED: 11:30 am EDT October 27, 2004
UPDATED: 12:59 pm EDT October 27, 2004

SARASOTA, Fla. -- A Sarasota man was arrested on an aggravated assault charge Wednesday after he was accused of trying to run down U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris and a group of supporters with his car.

A silver Cadillac sped toward the group at a Sarasota intersection Tuesday evening, then swerved at the last minute before driving off, according to police.

Witnesses gave the car's license plate number to police, and they tracked it to Barry M. Seltzer, 46.

He came to the police station Wednesday and complained to officers that Harris' supporters had impeded traffic.

"I intimidated them with my car," Seltzer told police.

He was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. A call for comment to Harris' campaign secretary was not immediately returned.

Harris, a Sarasota Republican, is seeking a second congressional term after serving as Florida's secretary of state during the protracted 2000 presidential recount.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 12:47:01 PM »

Yeah, this election is bringing out the worst in people.  Kinda like the Republican who drove up onto the curb at a group of people protesting Bush.
iosip
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 06:31:38 PM »

when a republican attacks democrats, it's hardly mentioned on the news. when a democrat "attacks" republicans, it makes national headlines.

incidentally, the harris people probably were (1) impeding traffic and (2) daring the man to hit them. so i have no sympathy for the harris people.
shankbear

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 06:37:24 PM »

so you support terrorism.  what an idiot
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 06:38:47 PM »

In other news that makes me not want to go to Florida:

LAKE WORTH, FLA. - An 18-year-old U.S. Marines enlistee grew so angry that his girlfriend was considering supporting John Kerry for president and breaking up with him that he imprisoned her in his suburban Lake Worth house and had to be Tased by a sheriff's deputy, authorities said. Steven Soper, an ardent supporter of President Bush, began pushing and shoving Stacey Silviera, 18, on Tuesday night when she arrived at his house to return some of his personal items.

"I kill you," he said, according to an arrest report. "You want (to) live to see the election?"

Officials said a neighbor saw him drag her into his parents' house and called 911.

As Soper held her with a screwdriver and a shard from a broken pot, a sheriff's deputy tried to separate them, said Paul Miller, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

Silviera eventually broke free, and the deputy then used a Taser to disable Soper.

He was arrested on charges of aggravated battery, false imprisonment and resisting arrest without violence. He was being held at the Palm Beach County Jail without bond until a mental health assessment is completed.

Miller said the sheriff's office occasionally has to deal with small disputes between supporters of the two presidential candidates, but he knew of none that had gone so far.

"This is the first incident the sheriff's office has been involved in that escalated to such a degree," he said. "We haven't had anything like this." Soper's mother, Diane Carmarda, said her son comes from a military family, and that his older brother is stationed in Iraq already.

"My entire family comes from the military, and he would very much like to go into the service," she said.
iosip
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 06:39:27 PM »

nope. i don't have that nasty "R" and blue state outline under my name.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 06:40:46 PM »

Smokinggun.com has the actual filed complaint.

The matter-of-fact writing by the officer strikes me as very funny for some reason.  Especially that last paragraph.

I'm pretty sure we can't blame John Kerry or Democrats in general for this action, though.  Could have as easily been a crazy Republican running down Rosa de Lauro, but I wouldn't assume that establishes some pattern of violence.

The guy just looks plumb crazy.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 06:44:12 PM »

"I kill you," he said, according to an arrest report. "You want (to) live to see the election?"

Let's get him trained and into Iraq ASAP.  Then tell him al-Zarqawi did his girlfriend.

(Sorry, bad humor, couldn't resist.)
shankbear

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 06:55:29 PM »

They should have ripped the dunce from his car and kicked his worthless crapweasel ass right there!!!!!!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 07:45:51 PM »

They should have ripped the dunce from his car and kicked his worthless crapweasel ass right there!!!!!!
so you support terrorism. what an idiot

Gimme a 'T'!

[crowd]T![/crowd]

Gimme a 'R'!

[crowd]R![/crowd]

Gimme an 'O'!

[crowd]O![/crowd]

Gimme a 'L'!

[crowd]L![/crowd]

Gimme a 'L'!

[crowd]L![/crowd]

What does that spell?

[crowd]Troll![/crowd]
shankbear

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 08:12:36 PM »

Hormone must have gotten his new Hooked on Phonics tapes.  The creep should be jailed after the thrashing....and the guy in Florida too.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 08:27:38 PM »

Hormone must have gotten his new Hooked on Phonics tapes. The creep should be jailed after the thrashing....and the guy in Florida too.

Woot.  I'm a creep.

Anyway, despite the juvenile way of expressing it, the sentiment remains the same.  You are a troll.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies