Pretty strong California quake just hit 3:42 pm April 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:14:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pretty strong California quake just hit 3:42 pm April 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pretty strong California quake just hit 3:42 pm April 4  (Read 1200 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 10:42:05 AM »

Is SF still part of CA, or was life good and it floated away? 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 12:32:33 PM »

The "problem" unfortunately is that where I live is on the same side of the tectonic plate fault line as SF. Thus "we" will both be slip-faulting north together towards Alaska, while my brother in Bishops "slips" down towards Mexico.

On the other hand, the East Bay will be lost, so that is the silver lining. Bye bye Sbane! Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »

The "problem" unfortunately is that where I live is on the same side of the tectonic plate fault line as SF. Thus "we" will both be slip-faulting north together towards Alaska, while my brother in Bishops "slips" down towards Mexico.

On the other hand, the East Bay will be lost, so that is the silver lining. Bye bye Sbane! Tongue

Nope, the East Bay is on my side of the fault. It goes right up through the San Francisco Peninsula.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 03:55:19 PM »

Nope, the East Bay is on my side of the fault. It goes right up through the San Francisco Peninsula.

Right, and I live on the west side of the fault. So you and sbane go south, while I go north, along with Sunset Beach in SF and Half Moon Bay. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »

Right, and I live on the west side of the fault. So you and sbane go south, while I go north, along with Sunset Beach in SF and Half Moon Bay. Smiley

Going north sounds great. I'd love to drift way up north & say goodbye to those horrible creepy-crawlies. Evil Ants, fleas, & flies annoy me.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 12:28:22 AM »

We've gotten a lot of calls from friends/relatives who don't understand that we live nowhere near Mexico.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies