Which hurt the candidate more?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:28:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Which hurt the candidate more?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: .
Obama's race

McCain's age

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Which hurt the candidate more?  (Read 6801 times)
cpeeks
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 12:24:22 PM »

early on- Obama's race
later on- McCain's age

I don't think that either was a big issue for voters and I'm glad. I actually think Obama was and is too young. Only arrogance would allow someone to think that they should be the most powerful person in the world at age 46. McCain didn't appear to be quite 72 either. He seemed more like a man in his 60's.

Oh yeah, because James Polk, Ulysses S. Grant, Grover Cleveland, Theodore Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, and Bill Clinton were all terribly arrogant and young...Oh wait, no, they were some of the greatest leaders in American history...Mistake on your part.

Seriously, don't say things this bone-headed and arrogant unless you expect to be called out on them.

Lol just about everthing he says is just how you described him.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »

early on- Obama's race
later on- McCain's age

I don't think that either was a big issue for voters and I'm glad. I actually think Obama was and is too young. Only arrogance would allow someone to think that they should be the most powerful person in the world at age 46. McCain didn't appear to be quite 72 either. He seemed more like a man in his 60's.

Oh yeah, because James Polk, Ulysses S. Grant, Grover Cleveland, Theodore Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, and Bill Clinton were all terribly arrogant and young...Oh wait, no, they were some of the greatest leaders in American history...Mistake on your part.

Seriously, don't say things this bone-headed and arrogant unless you expect to be called out on them.

Lol just about everthing he says is just how you described him.

Once again another failed argument against me. When those people ran and were in office, the life expectancy was much shorter. For Polk or Roosevelt to be in office in their 40's it wasn't like they were very young in those times. Now is a different story. More important than age is experience though. McCain had that and Obama did not. All Obama ever did was work for Acorn, sit in the IL senate, and campaign for president while in the US Senate. McCain was getting tortured in Vietnam before Obama was even selling weed on our streets.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 10:08:12 PM »

Obama's race.  If Obama was white man, on Election Day West Virginia, Tennessee, and Arkansas would have been much more competituve. 
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »

early on- Obama's race
later on- McCain's age

Out of all those President you just mentioned, TR would be the only one whom I consider anywhere near great.

His point being 46 is hardly an unusually young age to be elected to the presidency, let alone run for it (e.g. William Jennings Bryan, Richard Nixon).

My point being that 46 was actually old for most of our country's history. Today that's considered middle age. It's pointless to point out that people who were that age ran or won in the 19th century. Most people didn't live past their 50's.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies