Least Favorite Right Winger on TV or Radio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:58:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Least Favorite Right Winger on TV or Radio
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
Limbaugh

Hannity

Oreilly

Beck

Savage

Coulter

Malkin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Least Favorite Right Winger on TV or Radio  (Read 2208 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
« edited: April 07, 2010, 11:39:13 AM by paul718 »

1.  Coulter...She rarely argues policy and seems to care only about making ad hominem attacks.  She is just extremely hateful.  
2.  Beck...Seems to put a lot of work into what he presents, but he is gasoline for the Tea Party fire.  The "Obama is a racist" allegation was despicable.  
3.  Malkin...mini-Coulter
4.  Savage...Seems like a hateful person
5.  O'Reilly...Thinks he's smarter than he actually is.
6.  Levin...Very smart, but is an a-hole
7.  Limbaugh...his statement regarding Donovan McNabb was stupid
8.  Hannity...Doesn't really know what he's talking about, but seems like a likeable guy (basically the inverse of Levin).

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 12:20:45 AM »

Malkin.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »

Coulter
perdedor

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »

Is there really any substantive difference between these people? The answer is no. They are all completely insane in one sense or another, all hacks, all are disrespectful and verbally ugly...

Mostly, they are all just cogs in the far right propaganda machine.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 06:06:34 PM »

Is there really any substantive difference between these people? The answer is no. They are all completely insane in one sense or another, all hacks, all are disrespectful and verbally ugly...

Not really.  I don't care for any of them, but certain ones have their merits.  I could probably say the same for the lefty commentators.
perdedor

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »

Not really.  I don't care for any of them, but certain ones have their merits.  I could probably say the same for the lefty commentators.

I'm interested to know what these merits are. Limbaugh, Savage, and Beck simply found a demographic that they could exploit the paranoia of for profit, O'Reilly can't make it 30 seconds without telling the opposing view to shut up (we are all familiar with his habit of cutting off people's mics) and Hannity is just the former's junior. Coulter lacks the intelligence to talk policy and the vocabulary to pass as a humorist, Malkin is better than this, but not by much. Perhaps I'll never see the value in these people...but I am most interested in hearing the case be made.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:21 AM »

Beck. I have to say that there is something entertaining about Savage.
This.  Savage is frucking nuts and I can only take him in small doses on my drive into work at night while better stations air commercials, but damn it, sometimes his totally irrational rants are hilarious.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 11:52:28 AM »

I'm interested to know what these merits are. Limbaugh, Savage, and Beck simply found a demographic that they could exploit the paranoia of for profit, O'Reilly can't make it 30 seconds without telling the opposing view to shut up (we are all familiar with his habit of cutting off people's mics) and Hannity is just the former's junior. Coulter lacks the intelligence to talk policy and the vocabulary to pass as a humorist, Malkin is better than this, but not by much. Perhaps I'll never see the value in these people...but I am most interested in hearing the case be made.

Read my post on the previous page...

5.  O'Reilly...Thinks he's smarter than he actually is.
6.  Levin...Very smart, but is an a-hole
7.  Limbaugh...his statement regarding Donovan McNabb was stupid
8.  Hannity...Doesn't really know what he's talking about, but seems like a likeable guy (basically the inverse of Levin).

Like I said, I don't care for any of them.  I wouldn't shed a tear if any of them were removed from the airwaves forever.  But I can respect the fact that O'Reilly has his own convictions.  He'll oppose the GOP when they don't adhere to his loopy opinions.  Levin is actually sounds pretty smart, despite me not agreeing with him most of the time.  Limbaugh can formulate a good argument, but a lot of the time he'll just twist the facts to fit his side of the debate.  And, like I said, he tends to end up with his foot in his mouth.  And I don't know how you can say Hannity is merely O'Reilly's junior.  They're entirely different.  Hannity simply spouts whatever the current RNC talking points might be, without scrutiny or personal exploration.  Also, unlike O'Reilly, he seems like a pretty nice guy.  He was friends with Alan Colmes and shared the desk with him for years.  He frequently has Dennis Kucinich on and they're always civil to one another.  He also works great with Fox News Democratic commentators like Kirsten Powers and Bob Beckel. 
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »

Read my post on the previous page...

5.  O'Reilly...Thinks he's smarter than he actually is.
6.  Levin...Very smart, but is an a-hole
7.  Limbaugh...his statement regarding Donovan McNabb was stupid
8.  Hannity...Doesn't really know what he's talking about, but seems like a likeable guy (basically the inverse of Levin).

Like I said, I don't care for any of them.  I wouldn't shed a tear if any of them were removed from the airwaves forever.  But I can respect the fact that O'Reilly has his own convictions.  He'll oppose the GOP when they don't adhere to his loopy opinions.  Levin is actually sounds pretty smart, despite me not agreeing with him most of the time.  Limbaugh can formulate a good argument, but a lot of the time he'll just twist the facts to fit his side of the debate.  And, like I said, he tends to end up with his foot in his mouth.  And I don't know how you can say Hannity is merely O'Reilly's junior.  They're entirely different.  Hannity simply spouts whatever the current RNC talking points might be, without scrutiny or personal exploration.  Also, unlike O'Reilly, he seems like a pretty nice guy.  He was friends with Alan Colmes and shared the desk with him for years.  He frequently has Dennis Kucinich on and they're always civil to one another.  He also works great with Fox News Democratic commentators like Kirsten Powers and Bob Beckel. 

What?! Levin is the dumbest of them all, bar none. Childish name-calling is his standard debate tactic.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 01:08:01 PM »

Hannity. Yuck.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 01:45:56 PM »

What?! Levin is the dumbest of them all, bar none. Childish name-calling is his standard debate tactic.

I know.  I acknowledged that he's an a-hole.  But, whether I agree him or not, he does seem to be learned with regard to history and policy.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »

Oh jeez, Levin. I can't believe I forgot about him. I remember going back home one weekend and in the afternoon, when they should have been playing the local sports show that I loved in high school, I hear this whiny voiced New Yorker ranting about mullahs on the loose in Brooklyn and yelling at his callers. Then he talked for an hour about how the NYT had his book at #2 when it really should be at #1. I don't know who on earth would buy that garbage.

I agree with you about Hannity though, he seems like a nice guy and someone I'd like to grab a beer with if the topic stayed off of party politics.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »

Oh jeez, Levin. I can't believe I forgot about him. I remember going back home one weekend and in the afternoon, when they should have been playing the local sports show that I loved in high school, I hear this whiny voiced New Yorker ranting about mullahs on the loose in Brooklyn and yelling at his callers. Then he talked for an hour about how the NYT had his book at #2 when it really should be at #1. I don't know who on earth would buy that garbage.

I don't buy one second of it.  Maybe I think he's smart because of his position in the Reagan Administration and his educational background, though none of that makes someone "smart" by default.  I dunno, I could be wrong.  Small sample size, I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies