Salon: "The Search for an Intellectual GOP Presidential Candidate" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:20:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Salon: "The Search for an Intellectual GOP Presidential Candidate" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Salon: "The Search for an Intellectual GOP Presidential Candidate"  (Read 1708 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 07, 2010, 12:42:03 AM »

intellectual and smart are 2 different things.  An intellectual is a scholar or someone who is educated like Obama.  Someone smart is someone who knows what decisions to make and what to do in certain situations like Ronald Reagan.  I don't want an elitist from Harvard who is "smart" according to the Ivy League.

You'd rather have someone who mooched off his father to get ahead like Bush?  That worked out well...

I hate that freaking word...Elitist.

Just remember what Bill Maher says, "In their (teabaggers) world, elitist means reader." lol

I think Thune would be a good choice for the Republicans for reasons the article mentions. I wouldn't vote for him but he sure is something to look at Smiley it seems as though presidential candidates who come out of Massachusetts recently (John Kerry, Mitt Romney) always get labeled as flip-floppers. Mike Huckabee, yeah I like him because he seems like a really likable and genuine guy who said some very nice things about Hillary when the media constantly trashed her, except when he starts preaching and talking about the social issues, then he really turns me off - we don't need a preacher as our president, people. I can see that primary: Mike Huckabee, James Dobson, Tony Perkins, Sarah Palin, Fred Phelps. Pawlenty does seem to be in the middle of an identity crisis as the article mentions, but if he wants to remain in the Republican Party, he'll have to appease the teabaggers i.e. become a fringe right-wing loon. Newt Gingrich has too much baggage from his tenure as Speaker of the House if you ask me, and Caribou Barbie .. enough said.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies