My Actions Here in Eastern Shore Politics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:21:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  My Actions Here in Eastern Shore Politics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My Actions Here in Eastern Shore Politics  (Read 1996 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »

I know this might seem attention whorish but I just wanted to post here about what I've been up to lately.  I am currently the President of my college's Democratic club (Salisbury University for you who don't know) and I have recently been hard at work on  helping out candidates who I think will be strong come November.  I have already spoken with two State Senate candidates and a state delegate candidate.  I will also soon be meeting with another state Senate candidate.  What I am most excited for however is a forthcoming meeting with Congressman Frank Kratovil who will be involved in a debate here at Salisbury University this fall most likely.  I am also attempting to get started on a debate with the College Republicans here who are far larger than we are.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 05:18:46 PM »

I know this might seem attention whorish but I just wanted to post here about what I've been up to lately.  I am currently the President of my college's Democratic club (Salisbury University for you who don't know) and I have recently been hard at work on  helping out candidates who I think will be strong come November.  I have already spoken with two State Senate candidates and a state delegate candidate.  I will also soon be meeting with another state Senate candidate.  What I am most excited for however is a forthcoming meeting with Congressman Frank Kratovil who will be involved in a debate here at Salisbury University this fall most likely.  I am also attempting to get started on a debate with the College Republicans here who are far larger than we are.

What's the Salisbury U student body like?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:35:41 PM »

In what way?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:14:10 PM »

Wait... The Campus Republicans are larger then the Campus Dems? Isn't the opposite usually the case?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »

Wait... The Campus Republicans are larger then the Campus Dems? Isn't the opposite usually the case?

Where did you hear that?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:20:07 PM »

Where did you hear that?

Just assumed, and I read it in one of my college books. I could be wrong, though.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 09:00:40 PM »

Sounds like fun! I remember doing fun stuff like that.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »

This is the Eastern Shore of MD, basically Tea Party heaven.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »

Well... you got me there...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »

Oh don't give me that bullcrap excuse.

I went to a 95% white all male University where 80% of the students came from the suburbs and exurbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul.  And our College Democrats group was still WAAAAAY bigger than the nearly non-existent college Republicans.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 05:58:50 AM »

Oh don't give me that bullcrap excuse.

I went to a 95% white all male University where 80% of the students came from the suburbs and exurbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul.  And our College Democrats group was still WAAAAAY bigger than the nearly non-existent college Republicans.

Trust me dude, it isn't bullcrap.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 07:44:33 AM »

Where did you hear that?

Just assumed, and I read it in one of my college books. I could be wrong, though.

NiK I didn't read it in a college book but I thought the same thing.  There are sooooooo many lib schools it's unreal (Hi Lunar). 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »

In what way?

See NiK's question. You answered it.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »

I have now been tapped to be the political director for the statewide College Democratic organization.   Essentially this will allow me to network.  I will be reaching out to campaigns to see what help they can use from the College Democrats in the state of Maryland.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »

Please don't ruin the eastern shore by bringing crap Baltimore politics over there.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 10:35:03 PM »

Please don't ruin the eastern shore by bringing crap Baltimore politics over there.

Baltimore?  I'm from Charles County and have only been to Baltimore twice in my entire life....
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 06:45:42 AM »

Where did you hear that?

NiK I didn't read it in a college book but I thought the same thing.  There are sooooooo many lib schools it's unreal (Hi Lunar). 

At Berkeley, the Campus Republicans are bigger than the Campus Democrats FYI.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 12:40:54 PM »

Yea, like I said I am very happy to be able to get truly involved with campaigns in the area, and maybe to begin my career.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »

Yea, like I said I am very happy to be able to get truly involved with campaigns in the area, and maybe to begin my career.

Good luck my friend......those campaigns are lucky to have you.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 01:49:10 PM »

Not really, more like cursed Wink lol
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »

Grumpy Gramps is rarely nice.....don't spoil it, kid Tongue

Not really, more like cursed Wink lol
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »

Indeed. That's quite a plum position to land, Happy! And you're still a freshman, right?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 04:49:44 PM »

Indeed. That's quite a plum position to land, Happy! And you're still a freshman, right?

Now I am a junior but I just transfered here from my Community College.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »

Now I am a junior but I just transfered here from my Community College.
Oh, well nevermind then. Tongue
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 06:04:18 PM »

Where did you hear that?

NiK I didn't read it in a college book but I thought the same thing.  There are sooooooo many lib schools it's unreal (Hi Lunar).  

At Berkeley, the Campus Republicans are bigger than the Campus Democrats FYI.

College Republicans are bigger than College Democrats at most of the colleges around here that I know of as well.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies