Huckabee compares Obamacare to Romneycare and homosexuality to incest & drug use
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:19:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huckabee compares Obamacare to Romneycare and homosexuality to incest & drug use
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huckabee compares Obamacare to Romneycare and homosexuality to incest & drug use  (Read 2050 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2010, 06:56:48 AM »

Interesting interview of Huck.  First Obamacare=Romneycare:

http://tcnjperspective.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/huckabee-rips-steele-romney-lgbt-activists-4/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Then there's this:

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »

Huckabee will not win over the secular types in the general election. In 2012 he might win most of what John McCain won in 2008. That is about it.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »

What's funny is people who want to legalize drugs might make the same comparison.

I wonder to what extent Huckabee's decision making on a run has been and will be influenced by healthcare reform hurting Romney and developments that arguably suggest Palin won't run.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »

I hate to use the over-used, pointless term I feel like it's entirely appropriate in Huckabee's case:

HP
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:23:24 PM »

I wish that legalizing gay relationships would lead to legalizing drugs, incest, and polygamy.

Less moralf****try=more win
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 12:39:17 PM »

He would probably win the more hateful parts of the South over from 2008, but lose a lot more in the NE and West that McCain won.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »

As bigoted as the gay stuff may be, neither of these are particularly harmful issues to take in a GOP primary. 

What's HP?

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 05:43:20 PM »

What a sad sad man.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 05:45:17 PM »

Huckabee is really starting to get on my nerves. Intially, I liked him, but now he's just being stupid. The only thing I like about him now is his staunch support of Israel.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 05:46:05 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2010, 10:25:49 PM by redcommander »

So Huckabee supports government intervention into the personal expression of Americans of what form of relationship they engage in? Seems like a very nonconservative position. Then again I'm not surprised he is a biggot since he thinks Mormons believe Jesus and the Devil are siblings. Maybe he has issues with homosexual feelings he secretly has.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »

Oh, Mike.  I can't stay mad at you!
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 10:46:02 PM »

Haha, this is great. I hope Mitt and Huck destroy each other in time for the Republican primaries.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 11:28:58 PM »

So Huckabee supports government intervention into the personal expression of Americans of what form of relationship they engage in? Seems like a very nonconservative position. Then again I'm not surprised he is a biggot since he thinks Mormons believe Jesus and the Devil are siblings. Maybe he has issues with homosexual feelings he secretly has.

They do believe that...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 11:38:47 PM »

Btw, just as a caveat, Huck comparing Obamacare to Romneycare doesn't necessarily mean that Huck is testing an attack on Romney for a potential 2012 presidential campaign.  Could just be further evidence of Huckabee's intense dislike of Romney.  According to the book "Game Change", Huckabee once rhetorically asked his advisors whether Romney had a soul:

http://www.gop12.com/2010/01/romney-confirms-he-has-soul.html
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2010, 10:22:31 AM by fezzyfestoon »

Btw, just as a caveat, Huck comparing Obamacare to Romneycare doesn't necessarily mean that Huck is testing an attack on Romney for a potential 2012 presidential campaign.  Could just be further evidence of Huckabee's intense dislike of Romney.  According to the book "Game Change", Huckabee once rhetorically asked his advisors whether Romney had a soul:

That's because Huckabee is the worst variety of ass.  He'll spew the most vicious, hateful garbage with a glorious shit-eating grin on his face as though he was giving the recipe for his favorite pie.  This is just adding to the long list of those kinds of things he regularly gets away with because he's "nice".
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »

Huckabee is a lunatic. But he's a likable lunatic, and for that reason I deem him one of the more serious challengers to Obama.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 12:29:46 AM »

They do believe that...

They do? I thought it was proven false during the primaries.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:37 AM »

LOL, this tops his comment about how the war on terror is more important than World War II.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 12:34:02 AM »

That's because Huckabee is of the worst variety of ass.  He'll spew the most vicious, hateful garbage with a glorious shit-eating grin on his face as though he was giving the recipe for his favorite pie.  This is just adding to the lost list of those kinds of things he regularly gets away with because he's "nice".

I agree entirely with what you said fezzyfestoon. The man is as dangerous as Bush was. He and Palin need to be kept as far away from the White house or any influence on the Republican primaries in 2012.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 12:43:02 AM »

They do believe that...

They do? I thought it was proven false during the primaries.

Yeah, Romney might have denied it, but they do. They are accepted to both be sons of God, and since they believe that we are all the literal children of God, born through sex, then they were siblings. According to LDS teaching, God was a person who became a god, and assumedly Jesus and Lucifer went through the same process before us.

Obviously a lot of Mormons don't feel comfortable talking about it, and/or try to vaguely skirt the issue. I think this is a mistake on their part, and although I understand their reason in doing so(I made a gigantic post on the subject a while back), I don't think they should feel any shame in drawing clear distinctions between themselves and traditional "creedal" Christianity. Denying it only makes it look like you're trying to hide something, and trying to appear Christian just like every other denomination while demanding considerably more lifestyle changes and requirements, isn't going to win them masses of converts. If you're a Mormon, it's the differences that make the church true, and without those differences then you give people no incentive to convert.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 01:37:14 AM »

That's because Huckabee is of the worst variety of ass.  He'll spew the most vicious, hateful garbage with a glorious shit-eating grin on his face as though he was giving the recipe for his favorite pie.  This is just adding to the lost list of those kinds of things he regularly gets away with because he's "nice".

I agree entirely with what you said fezzyfestoon. The man is as dangerous as Bush was. He and Palin need to be kept as far away from the White house or any influence on the Republican primaries in 2012.

I recently caught a push poll using his voice. Such suggests that he willingly cheats. 
DS0816
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 03:58:25 AM »

In all seriousness, Mike Huckabee is irrelevant.
Oedipus Rex
theleftisright
Rookie
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »

Huckabee's fiscal policies are actually moderate.  He needs to keep his mouth shut about social policies until 2011 if he wants the Repulican nomination.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »

is HC a doom for Romney in the primary? I think the RCare = OCare will be harped by Palin, Thune, whoever becomes (one of the) anti-Romney(s).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »

is HC a doom for Romney in the primary? I think the RCare = OCare will be harped by Palin, Thune, whoever becomes (one of the) anti-Romney(s).

The fact that Jon Kingsdale, the guy in charge of MA's health system, may end up getting hired to work on national health care now, can't be helpful for Romney's cause:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/15/AR2010041504744.html

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies