Game Moderator
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Moderator
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Moderator  (Read 5408 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2004, 05:24:19 PM »

This is a position we *need*. We need a person to run elections, keep players to the rules, serve as an independent judge on the supreme court, and create events for the senators to respond to.

Can you imagine if we just have 10 senators brawling in the senate with nothing to do and noone to keep them intact?

Do you want the RNC, DNC and PNC to run the elections?!?

We need someone to do this, and it appears Dave isn't going to do it, because he is a very busy man. So, post here if you have any opinions on thwe matter, and if you think you'd be a good GM.

I would like to apply for the position, i've seen how it worked, but I would be happy as long as whoever got it was smart, concise, knowledgable about the world, not just the US, and can be non-partisan in their judgements, especially on the court.
dunn

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 05:30:23 PM »

This is a position we *need*. We need a person to run elections, keep players to the rules, serve as an independent judge on the supreme court, and create events for the senators to respond to.

Can you imagine if we just have 10 senators brawling in the senate with nothing to do and noone to keep them intact?

We need someone to do this, and it appears Dave isn't going to do it, because he is a very busy man. So, post here if you have any opinions on thwe matter, and if you think you'd be a good GM.

I would like to apply for the position, i've seen how it worked, but I would be happy as long as whoever got it was smart, concise, knowledgable about the world, not just the US, and can be non-partisan in their judgements, especially on the court.

The progressive party will apply one of it's members for the position.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 05:31:19 PM »

Thank you for your interest, I presume this means the PP supports me plan for a Game Moderator?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 05:32:21 PM »

im not sure if this is a position we need? let me just get this straight, you want this person to be on the supreme court?
dunn

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 05:35:38 PM »

Thank you for your interest, I presume this means the PP supports me plan for a Game Moderator?
I can not speak for the party members but I think It's a good idea and will discuss it with our members
In fact in our version of the constitution that is the SC chief justice main role
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 05:38:18 PM »

That sounds like a good idea actually...

Not sure I'd want to apply for the position, but it might be good if someone did....
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 05:40:10 PM »

Please do not make the actual nominations a party issue; anyone of any party should apply if they think they have it in them.

MAS-Yes; as they would be independent. I will politely ask Dave to choose the final GM form the list of nominees, so they aren't partisan (but they can be a member of any party).

dunn-Thanks for your support Smiley
dunn

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 05:41:59 PM »

Please do not make the actual nominations a party issue; anyone of any party should apply if they think they have it in them.

MAS-Yes; as they would be independent. I will politely ask Dave to choose the final GM form the list of nominees, so they aren't partisan (but they can be a member of any party).

dunn-Thanks for your support Smiley

Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 05:49:49 PM »

IF there is an unbiased, fair, responsible, high-minded, noble individual out there who's up to the task, then by all means... Smiley
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 05:53:50 PM »

Yeah, good luck finding one here Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2004, 05:54:36 PM »

at the moment, they can be opinionated, etc., they just have to be non-partisan and unpinionated when they are appointed. kinda like the speaker.

I believe we could all be independent, but I also think it is up to Dave to choose. But feel more then free to nominate and comment on other nominees Wink
Demrepdan

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 07:02:33 PM »

Perhaps the Game Moderator should be given the title of SPEAKER......it would be more fun that way....instead of having to refer to him as ...."The Game Moderator" all the time......
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2004, 08:38:54 PM »

Perhaps the Game Moderator should be given the title of SPEAKER......it would be more fun that way....instead of having to refer to him as ...."The Game Moderator" all the time......
We could refer to the Moderator as the "Chief Justice."
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2004, 08:44:05 PM »

Gustaf
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2004, 12:39:12 AM »

I could totally see Gustaf doing this.  He's one of the only people I'd feel would do the GM job right, without bias one way or the other.

I know I couldn't do it.......
dunn

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 02:04:50 AM »

That was in our constitution draft
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 02:12:56 AM »

This issue has already been settled, by unanimous vote. This is the task of the Supreme Court.
Demrepdan

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2004, 03:00:33 AM »

Chief Justice is the Chief Justice.....his power shouldn't stretch any farther than the Supreme Court....and he shouldn't be the moderator......
dunn

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2004, 12:53:51 PM »

Chief Justice is the Chief Justice.....his power shouldn't stretch any farther than the Supreme Court....and he shouldn't be the moderator......

and what he does ? this gives him no just title but a real job
Demrepdan

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2004, 01:52:33 PM »

I thought the idea of the Moderator was the handle elections.....and make sure everything is done fairly.....not to interpret the law.....as is the job of the Chief Justice....
dunn

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2004, 04:18:15 PM »

I thought the idea of the Moderator was the handle elections.....and make sure everything is done fairly.....not to interpret the law.....as is the job of the Chief Justice....

make sense but we gone have too many positions

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2004, 06:53:57 PM »

What we need is a gm that runselections, events, and is the final say on the rules. Whilst this doesn't mean that he has to be on the supreme court, if we have a three member court with a democrat, republican and the GM it basically means the same thing; they would always have the final say.

Also, our GM would be a permanent position and whoever took it on would not have any political say.

We don't necessarily need someone who is neutral at the moment, we just need someone who is prepared to work in neutrality, in the way the speaker does.

So, if your reading this Dave, please tell us who you would think would make a good GM.
dunn

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2004, 10:11:56 AM »

What we need is a gm that runselections, events, and is the final say on the rules. Whilst this doesn't mean that he has to be on the supreme court, if we have a three member court with a democrat, republican and the GM it basically means the same thing; they would always have the final say.

Also, our GM would be a permanent position and whoever took it on would not have any political say.

We don't necessarily need someone who is neutral at the moment, we just need someone who is prepared to work in neutrality, in the way the speaker does.

So, if your reading this Dave, please tell us who you would think would make a good GM.

God is not responding....
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2004, 10:26:18 AM »

Your prayers haven't been heard... Wink

Just for clarification: ALL of the positions we are now throwing around are mutually exclusive, right? So, my accpeting the poesition of SecState means that I can no longer be a senator of MN (a position I would've lost in redistribution) or respond to the 'Draft Gustaf' movement for GM... Wink Or are there any positions that can be combined, and if so which? We might run out of active people unless we watch out...
dunn

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2004, 10:55:30 AM »

Your prayers haven't been heard... Wink

Just for clarification: ALL of the positions we are now throwing around are mutually exclusive, right? So, my accpeting the poesition of SecState means that I can no longer be a senator of MN (a position I would've lost in redistribution) or respond to the 'Draft Gustaf' movement for GM... Wink Or are there any positions that can be combined, and if so which? We might run out of active people unless we watch out...

i think you can't have two tofether
and it's one reason we should have small goverment (no governers, small cabinet etc.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies