Schilling records phone msg, stumps in OH, PA for Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:18:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Schilling records phone msg, stumps in OH, PA for Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Schilling records phone msg, stumps in OH, PA for Bush  (Read 6408 times)
NHPolitico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2004, 08:24:25 AM »
« edited: November 01, 2004, 10:40:15 AM by NHPolitico »

Curt Schilling was being interviewed by Charlie Gibson this morning and was given the last word to say whatever he wanted. "Tell everybody to vote.. and vote Bush!".

EDIT:

Curt Schilling of the World Champion Boston Red Sox will be in Manchester on Friday, October 29th to introduce President George W. Bush at the Verizon Wireless Arena.  Doors open at 8am and close at 9am.

Big shot in the arm to the BC04 campaign in New Hampshire-- a state Kerry thinks he can steal away from Bush's 2000 list.[/b]
goldwatermiller
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 08:40:55 AM »

He is a good man.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 09:07:34 AM »

Who?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 09:23:24 AM »

bush does well among athletes.  they know a winner when they see one.  Smiley
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 09:27:18 AM »

He's a Boston Red Sox player. Didn't they just win the World Series?
NHPolitico

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 12:13:12 PM »

http://www.peteandrews.net/site/media/vote_bush.wma

(audio)

ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 12:18:25 PM »

This may actually gain Bush a point or two in Boston.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 12:26:29 PM »

Alright!

Hey, I've always been a big Schilling fan... I remember him from his days with the Phillies to my Diamondbacks and now to the Red Sox, who whipped my Cardinals.

I guess he owes a lot to Roger Clemens, who sat him down back in the day when he played for the Astros (or somebody) and really gave him a crash course on pitching and helped to focus him. BTW, I wonder who Roger supports? I'll bet Bush. The hard working athletes have!
NHPolitico

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 03:00:46 PM »

BTW, I wonder who Roger supports? I'll bet Bush. The hard working athletes have!

Clemens is a Texan. So, I'd say he's likely a Bush supporter.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 10:42:31 PM »

Alright!

Hey, I've always been a big Schilling fan... I remember him from his days with the Phillies to my Diamondbacks and now to the Red Sox, who whipped my Cardinals.

I guess he owes a lot to Roger Clemens, who sat him down back in the day when he played for the Astros (or somebody) and really gave him a crash course on pitching and helped to focus him. BTW, I wonder who Roger supports? I'll bet Bush. The hard working athletes have!

Gonzo is for Bush too.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 11:50:51 PM »

bush does well among athletes.  they know a winner when they see one.  Smiley

Bush's tax cut helped pro athletes a lot, so it makes sense they'd be for him. They are simply voting their economic self-interest. Even a player making the MLB minimum wage of $300k/year will see his taxes go up under Kerry. They are literally all in that top 2%.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 12:08:45 AM »

A-Rod is for Bush, even donated to his campaign.

Some other Yankees are as well.
Friar
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 08:18:55 AM »

JUST IN:

Curt Schilling won't stump for Bush in NH. He won't stump for Bush anyhere.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 11:25:39 AM »

Jocks for Bush - no surprise there.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 03:08:20 PM »

Curt Schilling was being interviewed by Charlie Gibson this morning and was given the last word to say whatever he wanted. "Tell everybody to vote.. and vote Bush!".

EDIT:

Curt Schilling of the World Champion Boston Red Sox will be in Manchester on Friday, October 29th to introduce President George W. Bush at the Verizon Wireless Arena.  Doors open at 8am and close at 9am.

Big shot in the arm to the BC04 campaign in New Hampshire-- a state Kerry thinks he can steal away from Bush's 2000 list.[/b]

Not!

Another person distancing himself from Bush.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 05:39:33 PM »

Something like 5 white baseball players support  Bush to every one supporting Kerry.  Makes sense; and, I don't let it bother me anymore.
NHPolitico

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 07:39:47 PM »

Not!

Try again. Curt happily committed to the appearance, but was threatened by numerable interests -- from union thugs to his liberal bosses and others-- and decided against it.  His bosses probably told him that they could void out his contract if he went without first going through an examination from Doctor Bill Morgan.  Liberals are sure tolerant </sarcasm>. Curt was very excited about it and shared the news with his teammates-- Kevin Millar shared the news about Curt's trip and his excitement with Dan Patrick from ESPN before it was publicized.  He probably got death threats, too.
CollectiveInterest

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 11:00:36 PM »

Not!

Try again. Curt happily committed to the appearance, but was threatened by numerable interests -- from union thugs to his liberal bosses and others-- and decided against it.  His bosses probably told him that they could void out his contract if he went without first going through an examination from Doctor Bill Morgan.  Liberals are sure tolerant </sarcasm>. Curt was very excited about it and shared the news with his teammates-- Kevin Millar shared the news about Curt's trip and his excitement with Dan Patrick from ESPN before it was publicized.  He probably got death threats, too.

Any evidence or just conjecture?

I suspect it's Shills agent that had a talk with him. Shill decided his endorsement income was more important than any help he could give Bush.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 11:07:15 PM »

Not!

That's a bunch of BS. The owner of the Red Sox has given Bush a bunch of money, and if the Secret Service can protect the President, they can protect him during the event.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 01:04:29 AM »

Curt Schilling is an asshole.  Look at what he did to the Phillies.  Good riddance.
NHPolitico

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2004, 12:51:48 PM »

That's a bunch of BS. The owner of the Red Sox has given Bush a bunch of money, and if the Secret Service can protect the President, they can protect him during the event.

No owner of the Red Sox has given to Bush. NONE of them.  Where in the world are you getting your information???

And the issue isn't "protecting" him from Yankee fans lurking in the shadows. It's protecting his leg. He wore a cast and used crutches at the parade yesterday.

NHPolitico

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2004, 12:53:23 PM »

Apparently Curt Schilling doesn't regret his endorsement of President Bush [related, bio] after all: The Sox hero has recorded automated phone calls backing Bush that will be made until Election Day.

Trying at least not to be outdone, Sen. John F. Kerry's campaign yesterday signed up three Sox executives to campaign with him today in New Hampshire.

Kerry's spokesman went so far as to say yesterday the Sox wouldn't have won the World Series if Bush had had his way as owner of the Texas Rangers.

``I don't think any member of Red Sox Nation can afford four more years of a president who, in his former life as Rangers owner, voted against creating the wildcard slot,'' David Wade said. ``Just think, if George Bush had his way, there would be no Red Sox World Series victory.''

Schilling started the affair Thursday when he told ``Good Morning America'' he backed Bush. Schilling then agreed to campaign with the president Friday in New Hampshire.

But the pitcher canceled the trip, saying he shouldn't have made the endorsement and that team doctors wouldn't allow him to travel on his bad ankle. Republicans said the Democrat Sox owners blocked the trip - a charge Schilling denied.

Kerry, sensing an opening, got team owners John Henry and Tom Werner and general manager Theo Epstein to campaign with him today in Manchester.

The Bush team quickly released the Schilling call script.

``Hello, this is Curt Schilling of the World Champion Boston Red Sox,'' he begins, adding, ``That sounds good, doesn't it?''

The pitcher ties trust in Bush to the trust Sox fans have in Schilling.

``These past couple of weeks, Sox fans all throughout New England trusted me when it was my turn on the mound,'' he says. ``Now you can trust me on this: President Bush is the right leader for our country.''
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2004, 01:50:37 PM »

NH,

Its best to just ignore CollectiveInterest. He's a bit off his rocker.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2004, 02:36:05 PM »

NH,

Its best to just ignore CollectiveInterest. He's a bit off his rocker.

Abit?
NHPolitico

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2004, 10:23:47 AM »

WILMINGTON, Ohio Nov 1, 2004 — Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling made a surprise appearance Monday morning with President Bush, limping to the stage to give Bush a strong endorsement.

Schilling won Game 2 of the World Series and Game 6 of the American League championship series with his ankle stitched to protect a torn sheath around a tendon. He was expected to undergo surgery this week, and had canceled an appearance with Bush on Friday.

Monday morning, he wore a protective boot over the ankle as he and his wife made their way to the stage inside an airplane hangar.

The ace pitcher said Bush was a commander in chief who will ensure troops "have everything they need to get the job done, a leader who believes in their mission and honors their service, a leader who has the courage and the character to stay on the offense against terrorism until the war is won."

Bush stood next to him, and they embraced afterward.

"On Tuesday, we need you to get out and vote. We need you to get your friends and neighbors out to vote tell them you're voting for President Bush and get them on board, too," Schilling said. "I know everybody wants to be on a winning team, and there's plenty of room on this bandwagon."

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies