Einzige has been banned
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:09:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Einzige has been banned
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Einzige has been banned  (Read 15457 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2010, 04:17:27 AM »

Why!?

He was amusing and off-the-wall (even when he was aggressive), if certainly a kid with issues. Sad

Meanwhile Libertas still roams free. Sad

Wow, ridiculous.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2010, 06:25:10 AM »

It really degrades the quality of the forum to have a couple of anal moderators running around reporting posts of people they don't like (Al, Masterjedi... ... Gustaf to some extent)

Actually, I don't do that. Besides, I'm not even powerful as a moderator; we can only do anything about posts that appear on the boards we ourselves moderate. And the number of posts reported from mine is... um... tiny.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 06:45:57 AM »

Snowguy seems to be fantasizing quite a bit...there is no way for him to know what posts I have reported (at least as far as I know). And the vast, vast, vast majority of Einzige posts reported have not been from me. Again, if you have any sort of specific complaints that you can back up, bring it on. Until then you are just slandering.

Torie, Einzige has been on mod review several times and has been warned several times. Just because these warnings aren't public it doesn't mean they don't happen. He had his chances but he never admitted to having done anything wrong at all.

Einzige is one of the most ban-worthy posters we have ever had. How peopel can't see that is really beyond me.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2010, 07:13:39 AM »

WTF!!!

Angry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 07:24:14 AM »

Why!?

He was amusing and off-the-wall (even when he was aggressive), if certainly a kid with issues. Sad

Agree.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2010, 08:15:40 AM »

Torie, Einzige has been on mod review several times and has been warned several times. Just because these warnings aren't public it doesn't mean they don't happen.
Yes, I figured as much (long ago). And I understand that people are likely to eventually get banned on an internet forum, even this one, if they keep digging their hole.

All I'm saying is, this guy had saving graces. Quite a few. He also had something to contribute to debate here. I'll miss him (a little, from time to time)... unlike certain other people (not just thinking of the one mentioned previously; there's others.)
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2010, 08:18:02 AM »

Why!?

Agree.

Wow.

Only the most shameless of hacks would say that I deserve to be banned, and that Einzige didn't.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2010, 08:30:19 AM »

I've only been a moderator for a short while, and only in a tiny corner of the forum. I did get a chance to see what went on these last few weeks behind the scenes. Historically Einzige was trollish, but contributed posts with real content from his unique point of view. Unfortunately, that was off set by cycles where his content became mixed with personal attacks.

For whatever reason, the amount of personal attack ramped up recently, and showed no signs of abating. The volume of attack was clearly beyond single post deletion and review had already been deployed in the past. I can understand Dave's decision to move to a ban as the remaining alternative.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2010, 08:43:53 AM »

I agree with Snow, to the extent that I think it is sad. The problem we have here, is that the mods can just bitch away, and delete and move posts around, and otherwise be tempting objects of derision,

That's mainly because the things that we do are not documented, therefore it's nearly impossible to tell what we do or what we don't do, except to us.  FWIW, I do probably less deleting/reporting of posts than almost anyone else, as the other mods can attest.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If only you mere mortals knew how hard it was to get Moses to come down from the mount and actually do anything, then you might understand.  And actually that's part of the problem.

How many times was Einzige on mod review?  The problem is that Dave never tells you (excepting the mods) who's on mod review and how many times before banning, so you always think it's random.  The only people who ever report any of Dave's actions around here are the mods, and as usual, most people here, like Snowguy, aren't smart enough to distinguish between the reporter and the actor.

I never reported an Einzige post.  Most of the time I ignored him, except when he posted simply to insult me, like recently.  Then he'd get it in return and run away.

To his credit, I don't believe he ever reported anyone's posts.  I do note that one of my recent insults was reported by the usual whining little queer who tends to report posts who threaten his worldview (he knows who he is) and then the whole exchange was deleted, but I really didn't care about that.

Fact is, Einzige needs to be in a mental institution.  If he was turning our forum into the mental institution he needs, then maybe now he'll go out and kill someone who starts talking to him about "der sky", but that's not our responsibility.  
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2010, 08:48:11 AM »

Fact is, Einzige needs to be in a mental institution.

^^^^ This, in all seriousness. Einzige needs psychiatric help.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2010, 08:52:21 AM »

Torie, Einzige has been on mod review several times and has been warned several times. Just because these warnings aren't public it doesn't mean they don't happen.
Yes, I figured as much (long ago). And I understand that people are likely to eventually get banned on an internet forum, even this one, if they keep digging their hole.

All I'm saying is, this guy had saving graces. Quite a few. He also had something to contribute to debate here. I'll miss him (a little, from time to time)... unlike certain other people (not just thinking of the one mentioned previously; there's others.)

I have to disagree about his contribution. The first time you heard his rant it was new, I suppose, but he only had like 3 or 4 view-points that he repeated over and over again on increasingly less relevant topics. All the übermensch stuff is also terribly old and not really unique.

And even if one were to grant him interesting opinions the way he delivered them wasn't really fruitful. He didn't interact with anyone (beyond name-calling) and couldn't follow anyone's line of thought. And the most bizarre thing about him was his tendency to tell other people who they were and what they thought. He sterotyped pretty much every other human being in the world into two categories and then attacked them based on these sterotypes when they disagreed with him. This consistent behaviour was, I maintain, a clear sign of insanity since it showed an extremely weak grasp of reality.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2010, 09:02:35 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2010, 09:07:25 AM by Lunar »

Fwiw I was the one who reported his posts in his comical thread in the Atlas Board, Snowguy, no need to single out and attack other moderators.  You know, the ones calling Gustaf disgusting trash of a human being searching for his "jewess bitch" and whatnot.  I'd bet on those posts being the straw that broke the camel's back because A) Einzige came off utterly insane and B) Dave is the moderator for that forum so he should actually get emails whenever something is reported over there.  

The moderators were in 100% unanimous agreement on this issue.

The only whining and complaining I've seen about Einzige is in this thread, and Einzige himself whining about himself, not on the moderator boards.  
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2010, 09:04:58 AM »

It was about time.  He should have been banned long ago when he called Gramps, iirc, a fat c*cksucker.  There is no place for that. I've made some ad hominem attacks in my time which I'm not proud of but Einzige just took it to an insane level.  Every topic was laced with some word soup screed and a personal attack for those who dared to disagree.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 09:15:44 AM »

I don't necessarily agree with the ban, but I can understand the reasoning behind it at least. Einzige didn't drive me nuts in the same fashion as a few other posters can, though that might just be because when he did have substance in his posts it tended to be on my side of the fence. Also, I've seen others who make primarily trollish threads or lob personal insults who seem to have gotten away with it quite frequently - maybe we need a bit more transparency in who gets put on mod-review.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »

All I can say is "this sucks".
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 09:18:37 AM »

I don't necessarily agree with the ban, but I can understand the reasoning behind it at least. Einzige didn't drive me nuts in the same fashion as a few other posters can, though that might just be because when he did have substance in his posts it tended to be on my side of the fence. Also, I've seen others who make primarily trollish threads or lob personal insults who seem to have gotten away with it quite frequently - maybe we need a bit more transparency in who gets put on mod-review.

Yeah, good luck with that.  Moderators don't know who's on mod review, why they get put on, or why they get taken off.  Some people who get put onto it, break the rules MORE aggressively than when they were off it, but then they get taken off mysteriously.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 09:19:42 AM »

Yeah, good luck with that.  Moderators don't know who's on mod review, why they get put on, or why they get taken off.  Some people who get put onto it, break the rules MORE aggressively than when they were off it, but then they get taken off mysteriously.

LOL! It sounds like the moderators need transparency more than we do.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 09:29:20 AM »

Dave came very close to banning Einzige a while ago, fwiw. One thing that's become quite noticable over the years, is that 'problem posters' who are bad at toning things down every now and again tend to get banned much soon than those who are at least reasonably canny; a lot of the latter never get banned at all.

Btw, there are certain things that the Heinreich Thread (as it should be called from now on; a classic in the history of this forum) and the one time Mike Assad got banned; the 'Jew Leip' incident.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 09:31:10 AM »

Mod Review lasts for a set period of time, or at least it used to.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 10:00:53 AM »

Dave came very close to banning Einzige a while ago, fwiw. One thing that's become quite noticable over the years, is that 'problem posters' who are bad at toning things down every now and again tend to get banned much soon than those who are at least reasonably canny; a lot of the latter never get banned at all.
True.
And of course, those are - almost as a rule, here as everywhere - the worse lot.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2010, 10:29:54 AM »

True.
And of course, those are - almost as a rule, here as everywhere - the worse lot.

I don't support the banning, but Einzige certainly represented the worst lot of them all on this forum.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »

It baffles me that there are people that oppose this move.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »

Well there are also people who think Hamilton was a productive poster undeserving of banning. Go figure.

Anyway this is great news. Now we just got Libertas, Mint and Hamilton's sock to go.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »

Well there are also people who think Hamilton was a productive poster undeserving of banning. Go figure.

Anyway this is great news. Now we just got Libertas, Mint and Hamilton's sock to go.

BRTD, you are far more banworthy than Mint or I am.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »

If so I would've been banned already.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »