If Paul is the GOP nominee against Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:53:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Paul is the GOP nominee against Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: If Paul is the GOP nominee against Obama  (Read 10086 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »

So Obama loses New York and Massachusetts but wins Michigan? Okay...

Well Michigan would certainly be winnable for Paul, but he's up against union voters who have a strong presence in Michigan and will both be committed to Obama. Detroit blacks will already be committed 99% to Obama, but Paul's not likely to win over UAW workers at GM or Chrysler who don't want their cushy union-provided gravy train to come to an end.

Ron Paul spoke quite favorably of unions in one of the 2008 Republican Primary debates.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »

you know McVeigh served this country well in the Persian Gulf War and deserves our respect.

More like Tim McVeigh was a product of the brainwashing this country can inflict and lost his mind during his "service" in the Gulf War, and deserves our pity, along with the victims of the OKC bombing...

As for Paul becoming the GOP nominee, I'd have no problems voting Republican in 2012 if that were the case.

You know as controversial as Useful Idiot's comment may seem to many people I think there is a grain of truth to it.  Am I saying that we should blame the army or the government for the OKC bombing?  No, just that McVeigh himself admitted that the Army taught him to switch off his emotions.  It may take a man to shoot up a school, but it takes a killing machine to commit mass murder.
Maybe we really should pity such a man........
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2010, 07:06:52 PM »

McVeigh derserves nothing but to burn in hell for all of eternity.

I've never agreed with yo more thn jus now NCY.

And then burn so more once eternity runs out.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2010, 10:18:56 PM »

So Obama loses New York and Massachusetts but wins Michigan? Okay...

Well Michigan would certainly be winnable for Paul, but he's up against union voters who have a strong presence in Michigan and will both be committed to Obama. Detroit blacks will already be committed 99% to Obama, but Paul's not likely to win over UAW workers at GM or Chrysler who don't want their cushy union-provided gravy train to come to an end.

Ron Paul spoke quite favorably of unions in one of the 2008 Republican Primary debates.

Because Unions are a product of the free market.  Workers have the right to organize.  It's a different story however, when the government gets involved with these Unions.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2010, 10:56:55 PM »

And when a business decides to bust unions?
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2010, 12:38:12 PM »

And when a business decides to bust unions?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »

Dont' get me wrong. I'm not condoning violence or terrorism by anyone. I don't agree with the death penalty but McVeigh was punished correctly according to the law. I do however sympathize with the people of Waco who were killed by our government for expressing their religious beliefs. That was their freedom of religion. Hasn't anyone realized that the people who were going to testify against the FBI over the Oklahoma City bombing, 2 were killed in plane crashes and 2 in car accidents. Just sounds fishy to me. Forget the fact that Clinton's campaign members were also killed during the Waco incident. I wish Bush would've investigated Oklahoma City intelligence reports as well as the conduct of Waco. Many lives could've been saved and McVeigh would've been stopped. Thank you for taking me out of context though. I look forward to the day when the liberal media begins to do the same thing to me. McVeigh also met with Mohammad Atta in the Phillipines in 1993 after the Waco destruction. After his arrest in 1995 they found a pocket full of phone numbers from Iraq. Look this up and you will find me correct.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies